• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Silent Hill Protagonist image leaked

mhirano

Why not Gabbie?

PopularGrimyEstuarinecrocodile-size_restricted.gif
Xqsmwgm.gif
Gabbie who? I rike it

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Was also my first thought.

Either that, or biracial black/white. If Latino maybe Brazilian, Puerto Rican or Dominican would be first guesses.

Really tho they just kinda look like Sweet Anita to me.
Don't care as long as she's thicc 😏
I wouldn't say no to getting a Jessica Burciaga though 👍
ir6D3B0.jpg

Last edited:

OsirisBlack

Banned
Emo>check
Woke>check
Diverse>check
Inclusive>check
Maybe a bit emo..
Don't see anything woke, thankfully.
Why diverse? because she's a PoC?
Why inclusive?

Seriously gamers need to get over this shit it's beyond annoying.
Almost like if the main character in a game isn't a straight white male the game must be woke or all of those other blatantly I'm not racist/racist terms.
It is getting worse in this industry than in the one I work in and that says quite a lot. I wish you would offer up a commercial or screenplay with a straight single race family in it right now, don't care what race you're talking about either. Good luck getting that shit approved.
Why is it so bad in gaming?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Maybe a bit emo..
Why inclusive?

Almost like if the main character in a game isn't a straight white male the game must be woke or all of those other blatantly I'm not racist/racist terms.
It is getting worse in this industry than in the one I work in and that says quite a lot. I wish you would offer up a commercial or screenplay with a straight single race family in it right now, don't care what race you're talking about either. Good luck getting that shit approved.
I think because it's so force these days you do autoassume it is woke then being genuine.
Take the new Star Trek Strange New Worlds
At first glance, you might think it's woke
It's got ya multicultural cast (that's always been the case anyway) and even the girl with short hair who must be lesbian.
Gotta be another Discovery?
Nope, it's been done the right way so the cast are likeable and the story is the most important thing.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
but honestly, I kinda want the series to be back at leading the graphics race.

Silent Hill 1 - Pseudo open-world, incredibly clever usage of fog
Silent Hill 2 - One of the best looking games in 2001
Silent Hill 3 - Generation defining. One of the graphically most impressive games ever, considering this is a PS2 game from 2003.

also shout out to Shattered Memories, which was also one of the best looking games on Wii and pushed it to its limits.

how they went from this
2f8f51ed2257c424f81d075f0aa20ccb.jpg

to this
maxresdefault.jpg

I don't know... Homecoming was so fucking underwhelming graphically. You would think that in the 5 years between SH3 and Homecoming they would step things up. Underwhelming graphics are sadly the least of its problems.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Maybe a bit emo..
Why inclusive?

Yeah, jumping to conclusions from a picture from a game that's not even confirmed in a franchise that's never been agenda pushing weakens the legitimate arguments against woke trends in media, I think. It paints in very broadstrokes anyone on the side of "woke shit in game is stupid," as knee jerk reactionists who don't hate agenda pushing, they hate people of different races/sexualities/gender identities by DEFAULT, regardless of whether or not the media they're featured in is preachy or not. Just HAVING a black/mexican/Asian woman as the main character in a game shouldn't be an issue, at least see a few trailers before you dip your torches into the kerosene, people.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Are those fake glasses or is her hair clipping through them?

@SpongebobSquaredance maybe they graphically excelled with human character models, but environments and enemies?

200.gif
paKKD.gif

SH3 is a triumph graphically. Aside from the amazing character models, the game's art is just beautiful and holds up incredibly well.

hJaSD.jpg
ion7uuo4vub81.png
p6Aeh.jpg
17132_full.jpg
DnahZwGzeA3CCcNbTl6QrcXJX-Wkj2UfzD2s52gp7L4.jpg

the cinematography was also way ahead of its time.

f35f1ba01e6fc7b4fe246504358bd8922967bbc3_hq.gif
d1dad8a5c3b2d016b24f1299818860e4f3a35876.gifv
Ma1Kb8s.gif

how can a game from 2003 look this good?

Timed exclusive for the bloober remake but new silent Hill by the unnamed dev (kojima?) Multi platform, including xbox day one, is what I just saw.
Who even cares what its on, Silent Hill is coming back. It seems like they are emulating how Capcom is handeling Resident Evil. Remakes and new titles.

With an emulator's/remaster's help. Same with FFXII. I'm not saying the whole game looks average. SH3 probably has the best PS2 human character models in existence even when I played it back on a CRT. However, those enemies and environments just looked okay. They were acceptable for the era that they were in. I'd argue that Yakuza 2, Kingdom Hearts 2, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow/Chaos Theory, and MGS 2 did a way better job at environments, and MGS 2's interactivity with environments was on an entirely different level alone.

Last edited:
Don't care as long as she's thicc 😏
I wouldn't say no to getting a Jessica Burciaga though 👍
ir6D3B0.jpg

Welp, time to follow another Insta account 😍

paKKD.gif

SH3 is a triumph graphically. Aside from the amazing character models, the game's art is just beautiful and holds up incredibly well.

hJaSD.jpg
ion7uuo4vub81.png
p6Aeh.jpg
17132_full.jpg
DnahZwGzeA3CCcNbTl6QrcXJX-Wkj2UfzD2s52gp7L4.jpg

the cinematography was also way ahead of its time.

f35f1ba01e6fc7b4fe246504358bd8922967bbc3_hq.gif
d1dad8a5c3b2d016b24f1299818860e4f3a35876.gifv
Ma1Kb8s.gif

Talented programmers and artists, that's how ;)

Seriously this one one of the first PS2 games with unquestionably great texture work on the character models. Even with PS2's weak video output options they stood out. I think Rule of Rose & RE4 (Gamecube version) were the only other survival-horror games on its level in that regard.

Last edited:
I think the franchise needs a proper remake for the first three. Let new people come in and old fans reignite the SH hype. I feel like anything they try will never live up to the first three unless they really go to proper psychological horror and not some random third person shooter.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I think because it's so force these days you do autoassume it is woke then being genuine.
Take the new Star Trek Strange New Worlds
At first glance, you might think it's woke
It's got ya multicultural cast (that's always been the case anyway) and even the girl with short hair who must be lesbian.
Gotta be another Discovery?
Nope, it's been done the right way so the cast are likeable and the story is the most important thing.
The part that sucks is that a show can have all white people in it and doesn't have to be done the "right" way, because to most that's the default way to make anything content related to a certain segment of people. The second the cast isn't a white\straight\male, everything gets questioned.

It sucks! Minorities exist on Earth and it should be okay that we are in movies, TV shows, and games without needing the content to be award-winning material.

Top Bottom