• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sony INZONE gaming headsets & monitors

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Let's see how they stack up against Audeze Penrose - which is still considered the best headset. If they are on par or better at the right pricepoint and accept more than one input, I would consider dumping my Beyerdynamic DT770's.
It's different. I doubt inzone is planar magnetic.
And Audeze is not really wireless on ps5 (I might be wrong about that)

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I just paid $350 for The Arctis Nova Wireless Pro's (the Xbox model) and I feel like that is a big ask. I can only imagine how much Sony will charge for these things.

How are they, I have the arctis pro gamedac at the minute but I want the nova pro wireless.

Just waiting on a sale if they are good enough.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

How are they, I have the arctis pro gamedac at the minute but I want the nova pro wireless.

Just waiting on a sale if they are good enough.
There isn’t too much difference to the arctis the dual Bluetooth is nice and generally nice and comfortable but everyone in this thread should be getting the penrose I will say they need a wicked cushion and additional padded headband mod . Both v easy and on amazon. There simply isn’t a competitive sounding headset that’s also wireless.

One weird thing is the penrose will automatically change output of the ps5 from sound bar etc to headphones and back like the 3d pulse. The ss Don’t do that and it’s quite annoying to manually have to adjust output each time.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Hope one of those monitors is 1440p. lol
For sure.
Looks like this will be gaming gear geared towards pc gaming.
But I would not expect 1440p out of ps5. These monitors will just accept and downscale 4k signal probably

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Hope one of those monitors is 1440p. lol
Nope.

One is 4K 144 Hz and the other is 1080p 240 Hz.

“According to my sources, one of these monitors will be for 4K gaming at 144Hz, whereas the other will be full HD gaming at 240Hz. Both devices were described as being “perfect for PS5” and have received VRR (HDMI/G-Sync) support and feature low latency (1ms GtG). Sony has also kept HDR in mind (DisplayHDR600 in 4K/144Hz, DisplayHDR400 in FullHD/240Hz) for both monitors.”

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

I just paid $350 for The Arctis Nova Wireless Pro's (the Xbox model) and I feel like that is a big ask. I can only imagine how much Sony will charge for these things.
sonys highest end headphones are only 400 bucks. i doubt these go over 250 for the highest ones

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
This is my favorite headphone ever !!!
I was using these for years on fiio e10k.
They disappear on your head, sound AMAZING and you yank the cable off when getting up :p
I did a lot of A/B with Pulse 3d and both actually sound surprisingly... almost the same to my ear :p Which is impressive because pusle 3d is wireless.
Many people will never give these a chance because they look "unique" but the sound is amazing. There is a reason why they have been making that same headphone for over 30 years. Lightweight, cheap, sound great, and durable. Love the portapro's.

jaysius

Banned
I still have my Playstation TV that I got off Thereisnolist for $95 through Futureshop. It was ok, but has bad input lag and crushed blacks.

If this bunch of stuff is mediocre Sony needs to find a better 3rd party to brand Playstation onto.

I have the Audeze Penrose (yes they are fully wireless on PS5) I wonder how good these are seeing it's from Sony's headphone division and not PlayStation from the looks of it. The H9 have ANC those might just push me over the edge especially if it's indeed from Sony's Headphone division. The Penrose sound amazing but I'm already on my second pair and they have connection issues, Sony better bring it I'm willing to switch.

Pedro Motta

Nope.

One is 4K 144 Hz and the other is 1080p 240 Hz.

“According to my sources, one of these monitors will be for 4K gaming at 144Hz, whereas the other will be full HD gaming at 240Hz. Both devices were described as being “perfect for PS5” and have received VRR (HDMI/G-Sync) support and feature low latency (1ms GtG). Sony has also kept HDR in mind (DisplayHDR600 in 4K/144Hz, DisplayHDR400 in FullHD/240Hz) for both monitors.”
Party pooper.

Larxia

You want ultra comfort, great sound, and affordable. Don't laugh but not knock it til you try it either

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08512VZ47/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Is that really comfortable? I had a pair of Sennheiser headphones with small earphones like that, that you would put over your ears (instead of big earphones where your ear go inside), and they were uncomfortable / hurting very quickly, so I never tried other headphones of this type.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
There isn’t too much difference to the arctis the dual Bluetooth is nice and generally nice and comfortable but everyone in this thread should be getting the penrose I will say they need a wicked cushion and additional padded headband mod . Both v easy and on amazon. There simply isn’t a competitive sounding headset that’s also wireless.

One weird thing is the penrose will automatically change output of the ps5 from sound bar etc to headphones and back like the 3d pulse. The ss Don’t do that and it’s quite annoying to manually have to adjust output each time.

Is there a penrose that works on all optional. PC wireless, xbox series x and ps5? If so I'll look into it. And if you can provide links to the mods that would be awesome.

I'll take a look, thanks. :)

GymWolf

zone-aomine.gif

Three

You are mistaken.
Koss Porta pro is lightly resting on your ears. You dont know it's there
I did notice it has a bit above and a tightness toggle. I haven't tried those to be honest but even the lightest headphones like that on my ears irritated me in the past but they didn't have the comfort toggle.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I did notice it has a bit above and a tightness toggle. I haven't tried those to be honest but even the lightest headphones like that on my ears irritated me in the past but they didn't have the comfort toggle.
The comfort toggle is a finnicky scam. It's just good as it is

Kuranghi

I don't not like my Pulse 3D I think they are good for the price but I find the bass severely lacking compared to my 1000XM3s, thats an unfair comparison of course but the audio lag with XM3s through an adapter I'm guessing would be too much since its too much when I connect them to my soundbar that my PS5 goes directly into.

Is there anything I can buy for the PS5 thats wireless with the dongle AND has as good sound quality as 1000X Sony's. Is it these basically?:

Swift_Star

Banned
I don't not like my Pulse 3D I think they are good for the price but I find the bass severely lacking compared to my 1000XM3s, thats an unfair comparison of course but the audio lag with XM3s through an adapter I'm guessing would be too much since its too much when I connect them to my soundbar that my PS5 goes directly into.

Is there anything I can buy for the PS5 thats wireless with the dongle AND has as good sound quality as 1000X Sony's. Is it these basically?:

HyperX headsets have decent bass. It depends how much bass is enough for you. To me they’re pretty fine.

Kuranghi

HyperX headsets have decent bass. It depends how much bass is enough for you. To me they’re pretty fine.

Ta pal, I don't need it to be silly ott bass, like headphones labelled bass boost or something, just I find the Pulse 3D a bit tinny after listening to my 1000XM3s.

Banjo64

cumsessed
This is cool.

Not trying to flame but is 240hz 1080p and 144hz 4k really ‘perfect for PS5’?

They should have done 4k/60hz and 1080p/120hz but had some actual HDR in there instead of 400 nits. Partner with an audio company to provide some decent built in speakers.

that bastard Jim can make a monitor and a headset showcase but can't MAKE A F*CKING PS5 SHOWCASE WITH 5 GODDAMN EXCLUSIVES !!!!
jesus, is it so hard to call a few studios and tell them to make a trailer

Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

Bass lacking to xm3 is no surprise because xm3 are very VERY bass heavy overlaoded. Xm3s are tuned for outdoor use where bass gets drowned out.
Pulse 3d is actually quite neural/leaning on bassy... kinda like koss porta po that goes a tiny bit lower.
I can already tell you, nothing will have as much bass as XM3. Not that bloated type... have you tried bass setting in ps5 ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom