• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sony INZONE gaming headsets & monitors

that bastard Jim can make a monitor and a headset showcase but can't MAKE A F*CKING PS5 SHOWCASE WITH 5 GODDAMN EXCLUSIVES !!!!
jesus, is it so hard to call a few studios and tell them to make a trailer

Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
This isn't related with the PlayStation brand. Jim has nothing to do with this.

Dolodolo

And this is what you promoted on Twitter in the form of gifs? The whole world literally doesn't care. Everyone is only interested in the God of War Ragnarok

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
And this is what you promoted on Twitter in the form of gifs? The whole world literally doesn't care. Everyone is only interested in the God of War Ragnarok
Yeah sadly I was certain it was the Sony Showcase but I am hoping this gives us the Pro controller as I don’t care about the headsets or monitors

Just showing me the controller and letting me order it will make this one a win for me though nothing like a good showcase

....I dunno what to think. Is this Sony actually going to collaborate with the gaming Sony to have....' synergy'.

It seems like there is a lot of wasted potential between divisions.

I'm thinking this is where they'll announce the PS4 Portable (a.k.a the Vita 2) to compete against the Steam Deck.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think we won't get a PlayStation showcase until September with a God of War state of play and a TLOU Remake in July and August tbh.

Borowski_1

I'm starting to think we won't get a PlayStation showcase until September with a God of War state of play and a TLOU Remake in July and August tbh.

were you expecting a big showcase this month?

and GoW only needs a trailer with a release date (this week or the next, according to Jason). Same thing for TLOU

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Interested in seeing the prices for the new console ready monitors they reveal at the show.

tmlDan

it would be kinda weird for them to also show the pro controller at an event thats not a showcase or a state of play.

I see this as a good thing, but really...if its gaming focused they should put it in front of a larger audience like PS, even if its a short part of the show.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
it would be kinda weird for them to also show the pro controller at an event thats not a showcase or a state of play.

I see this as a good thing, but really...if its gaming focused they should put it in front of a larger audience like PS, even if its a short part of the show.
I was just hoping we would see it there since it is a gaming branded type of show with headsets and monitors designed to be perfect for the PS5

I could see the controller just being a blog post honestly

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I did notice it has a bit above and a tightness toggle. I haven't tried those to be honest but even the lightest headphones like that on my ears irritated me in the past but they didn't have the comfort toggle.
These do not fit tight on your ears. They kind of rest on your ears. With that said they are open air so everybody is going to hear what you hear. With that said the sound Quality is top notch. Koss really knows their shit when it comes to hq sound.

Hmmm just saw an article stating these headphones come with Sony's 360 spatial audio tech these honestly should've launched with the system instead of the Pulse unless it just took them a while to develop them.

drotahorror

I really like the design (but not the mic) however I stay loyal to my philips meme headphone

EAw6Xjr.jpg

I didn't even know they were a meme, but I love my SHP9500's. I even returned a pair of Philips X2HR's because they didn't sound much better and weren't as comfortable. I need to get another pair of 9500's just incase.

Have you tried IEMs?

I recently looked into IEM's cause I figured, if audiophiles love IEM's for music why not for video games?!?! Also great for just music listening. All the things that audiophiles gush about, sound separation, directionality, sound stage (still trying to figure this one out), they kinda work in video games too! I wear glasses, so eventually the headphones start to hurt the sides of my face... and I really dislike headset hair lol and have in ears are more comfortable to me.

If you ever get tired of headset, look into some IEM's. I picked up the FiiO FH3's but apparently the KZ ZS10 Pro is fantastic at only $50!

EDIT: they're all wired, so If you hate wires then these might not work for you.
I have a pair of Sennheiser IE 100 Pros and IE 400 Pros. Just got into audiophile stuff recently and now I realize those guys weren’t full of crap. Everything sounds heavenly now. Easily my favorite audio gear I’ve ever had and I’ve had AirPods, AirPod Pros, Bose QC45, Bose AE2, Steelseries Arctis Pros, Sony Monster Truck wheels, and Skullcandy Skullcrushers. Yes I was so naive back then. Now I understand what the fuss was all about.

I have a pair of Sennheiser IE 100 Pros and IE 400 Pros. Just got into audiophile stuff recently and now I realize those guys weren’t full of crap. Everything sounds heavenly now. Easily my favorite audio gear I’ve ever had and I’ve had AirPods, AirPod Pros, Bose QC45, Bose AE2, Steelseries Arctis Pros, Sony Monster Truck wheels, and Skullcandy Skullcrushers. Yes I was so naive back then. Now I understand what the fuss was all about.
I have heard very good things about the Sennheisers, especially the comfort! I was looking at the IE 600's which seem like one of the "best" under $1000... pricey!

I totally thought those guys were full of crap as well... like who the hell talks like this :messenger_tears_of_joy: but yea, everything sounds fantastic and I don't even have good ones. I working with some "budget" ones! But I get why some of these guys fall into an audio hole, you're like... shit if things sound this good at this price, I wonder how much better this would sound if I had more higher end ones... 🤔

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
I didn't even know they were a meme, but I love my SHP9500's. I even returned a pair of Philips X2HR's because they didn't sound much better and weren't as comfortable. I need to get another pair of 9500's just incase.
I've never heard the SHP9500's but the X2HR's I have sound incredible, I agree with the comfort issues with the x2HR, but with stretching and nicer ear pads they're great.

kyliethicc

I'd say wait and see if Inzone is truly a new brand or if it's just a Playstation Hardware(like the shitty headphones) pig with lipstick on.
It’s a new brand for Sony Electronics. They don’t want Bravia (TVs) to make PC gaming shit.

Sony BRAVIA TVs (for PlayStations)
Sony INZONE monitors and headsets (for PCs)

Its also probably so they can have everyone at EVO use Sony branded monitors and headsets.

HDR600 is crap. Good specs??
FYuV4aP.gif
For esports, I doubt they care much about HDR.

Last edited:
Top Bottom