• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Starfield Leaks From Verified BSG Artist (Verified by J. Schrier) - Shooting Good, Flying Bad, Overabundance of Content & More

Ezquimacore

Banned
Yeah Right Judging You GIF
Everyone had and will have more fun with skyrim and fallout than with horizon, numbers and history don't lie. I mean, I'm pretty sure that right now there's more people playing skyrim than hfw. Flashy=/=Fun

Vognerful

Hopefully will turn out to be a great game.

But the post is not worth much. What it proves is how people are desperate to know anything about the game.

Fredrik

Almost seems like an actual fruition of what many thought No Man's Sky was going to be.
Woah, those expectations, you should probably try keep them in check.

Just so you know what you’re saying, No Man’s Sky have 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets you can walk freely on.

If I get 10 planets in Starfield I’ll be blown away.

I expect 5, plus 5 space bases.

I’m surprised there is manual space flight, I expected a fast travel system ala The Outer Worlds and Mass Effect.

Nydius

Everyone had and will have more fun with skyrim and fallout than with horizon, numbers and history don't lie. I mean, I'm pretty sure that right now there's more people playing skyrim than hfw. Flashy=/=Fun

No shit more people have played Skyrim or Fallout, but saying they had "more fun" is a subjective opinion you can't quantify.

"Numbers and history don't lie." 🤣 Easy to make this claim when Bethesda's been coasting on Skyrim's coattails since 2011.

- Skyrim is a decade old, Fallout 4 is almost 7 years old. HFW came out two months ago and HZD is only 5 years old.
- Both Skyrim and Fallout are extremely multiplatform.
- Bethesda has been re-releasing versions of Skyrim, on average, every 2 years since it launched.
- Skyrim, Fallout and HFW are all "RPGs" but they're not the same design whatsoever; Skyrim and Fallout are built around choice and consequence, Horizon is linear with less reason to replay since there's no morality or consequence system.

HFW is both flashy AND fun, just not as deep as Elder Scrolls or Fallout -- because it's not designed to be.

AX8

Banned

Just so you know what you’re saying, No Man’s Sky have 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets you can walk freely on.

I’m surprised there is manual space flight, I expected a fast travel system ala The Outer Worlds and Mass Effect.
Yeah if people are thinking this is even going to even come close to NMS they are probably full on Bethesda fanboys
I'm expecting a Bethesda game in space

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Minus the Quantilion planets :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I meant more in the sense of exploring a different planet and running into different biomes and alien life on it.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Games gonna be massive. Sounds great to me. Space flight etc. Yum.

Tightening up the graphics on level 3 by the sounds of it.

Also, people are actually dying for this game to fail. I just want it to be as good as previous mainline Bethesda games not fallout 76 and I'm super happy. 80s Sci fi style rpg with space exploration. This could be very special to me personally.

Last edited:

Goalus

Ok, it seems that Starfield is going to be more than a pin board simulator with a QTE frontend? That is nice to hear.

Boss Mog

Wasn't expecting HFW visuals out of this but I still think it'll look better than every Bethesda game that came before & good enough for a modern AAA game. I wanna feel immersed when playing an open-world RPG like this set in space & the visuals play a pretty big part for me at least, I think they'll do a fine job with this one.
I can somewhat accept that if it runs at a solid 60fps. But if somehow they can only manage to release a game that isn't a graphical showcase and runs at 30fps, then I won't even bother getting it with Gamepass.

supernova8

Banned
It will look shit. The last "wooooow" game for me was Elder Scrolls Oblivion. All their stuff since then has just looked shit. Cannot comment on gameplay as I felt like I had my fix of "generic Bethesda game" after Oblivion and after trying Skyrim and thinking it was garbage.

I suppose moving to a new engine is not just something you snap your fingers and do but still would be nice if they did do something else. If this is going to essentially be "Skyrim HD ultra high-res mod patch edition in Space" then... going to have pass again.

Last edited:

Tomeru

Dude, if people could mod HZD/FW to have titties everywhere, they would play the flashier game.

Shubh_C63

Mixed reception at launch is guaranteed.
Universally high praise after 18 months is guaranteed, once they start adding those features.

Just don't be broken at launch but if anyone can get away with that, Its them.

edit - I also think this will be very beautiful. From the fact that I think Elden Ring is very very beautiful.

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
The game will most likely play like a nicer looking Skyrim or Fallout 4 with large amounts of meaningful exploration which personally for me, is great. There will be the standard Beth Jank with loads of clipping assets and easily recognizable bugs from previous Creation games.

If you are expecting a polished cinematic experience then this game is most likely not going to be for you.

The game will most likely play like a nicer looking Skyrim or Fallout 4 with large amounts of meaningful exploration which personally for me, is great. There will be the standard Beth Jank with loads of clipping assets and easily recognizable bugs from previous Creation games.

If you are expecting a polished cinematic experience then this game is most likely not going to be for you.
That fine nothing that a couple mod can't fix this is why Bethesda games are play for generations it support mods
that anyone can use to enhance their gaming experience

I’m expecting the worst but hoping for the best. Game development in general has left a lot of people wanting this gen.
I’ll hop on after a few months and most definitely after a price drop.

Fredrik

Minus the Quantilion planets :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I meant more in the sense of exploring a different planet and running into different biomes and alien life on it.
Yeah okay but then I think The Outer Worlds is more suitable to use to set realistic expectations. Possibly with bigger maps on each planet.

Right now I’m thinking the space flights are about landing, last minutes after fast traveling to a new planet. Can’t see them manage to do proper real time free space flights and being able to fly and land anywhere on the planets like in NMS.

(NMS is highly underrated btw. One of my top 10 fav games of all time. Just saw that it was fully playable on Steam Deck so I’ll be jumping in yet again.)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
lmao this is meant to be out in 7 months and we still haven't seen much of anything. no gameplay. and by the sounds of this, if it's true, then it's quite possible it'll be a mess at launch or it'll be delayed to 2023 (and knowing bethesda will still be a mess at launch!)

Helghan

I don't care that much about the graphics as long as the world itself is amazing. When there are a lot of things to do, you can't expect it to be a visual marvel, that's the trade-off you make. But I take high replay value of a game over visuals any day.

GymWolf

So now alright is the same as good? Alright to know, thanks, you learn something new everyday.

But to return serious for a moment, Is someone really surprised that engine and gameplay are whatever in a bethesda game?

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
So it doesn't look like HFW?

AAAAND now you know why they are not showing any meaningful gameplay

That character artist left Betheada nearly 6 months ago. You expect a game with a year of polish to go to have lighting as polished as HFW at release?

😂

I guess that explains why Elden Ring failed then. Didn’t look as visually splendid as HFW.

/s

anthony2690

Banned
So is this actually verified or not?

As someone pointed in his comment history, he said he works as an indie developer over the past year or so.

Top Bottom