• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Starfield screenshot *NeoGAF Exclusive

Termite

They are real. They were uploaded on a devs Artstation account. He got notified and immidiately deleted all of these. Theres alot more of this existing.

The original screenshots that leaked were:

zx2uZXC.png

XfBZsF7E5kwdP3CNozAjXf-970-80.jpg.webp

3kuk5sdbviq51.jpg
DaYTNQ3.jpeg

LjVn3Gs.png

of69ojhk3jq51.png

edit:
KxvcD5D.png

forgot to post this one aswell
ZOpsRJd.png

mine however is completely new. Only on NeoGAF
I'm not saying they're not real - just that they're not proper screenshots of the game. Rather development screenshots and asset shots. The above ones you've posted even more so - most are just art portfolio asset shots.

But my point was more to the strange "realness" that Bethesda appear to be going for with this game - not at all what I would have expected, I was thinking more a Star Trek-esque take on Elder Scrolls. This looks more appropriate to current-day hard sci-fi.

I know we've barely seen anything but I'm pretty excited to see what the hell this game actually is. At the end of the day I expect it to be Fallout in space, which I would be cool with, but I would love to be wrong.

Greeno

I'm not saying they're not real - just that they're not proper screenshots of the game. Rather development screenshots and asset shots. The above ones you've posted even more so - most are just art portfolio asset shots.

But my point was more to the strange "realness" that Bethesda appear to be going for with this game - not at all what I would have expected, I was thinking more a Star Trek-esque take on Elder Scrolls. This looks more appropriate to current-day hard sci-fi.
Todd did mention that it will about early space exploration:

Termite

Last edited:
I wanna crash into planets. I stg if it’s just some “pull up to the planet and automatically land” shit I’m gonna lose my mind. Let me turn those thrusters to max and smack into worlds unknown

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Qiyxj7K.jpg

It is from the same leak of last year. Build is from around 2018

Now we can finally put the "LAB or HAB?" speculation to rest.
IpDAgCi.gif

Maybe I expected too much. Leaks aren't that interesting anymore apparently.
This thread made it to two pages.

I just lost 20 bucks.

I find 20 bucks cheap to be entertained throughout the weekend.

Ladies of the nights charges 4 times more and that entertainment only last 3cminutes so I'd say its a bargain.

Last edited:

420bits

So what modder in the "Bethesda community" did the textures etc. for the shots? I mean, we all know it wont look like this.
Like many has said, probably resources and not actual gameplay because we all know that unless they incinerate gamebryo / creationengine and move to Unreal or some other engine that's not a complete failure.
Starfield will play and behave like shit for years to come til the community has fixed the game like every other game they put out.

EVERY Bethesda game is like this "HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS GAME ITS SO PRETTY HOW DID THEY DO IT?!"
- oh, It was EZ! First i had to download 800 addons and install them in the correct order, the addons pretty much replaced all the models, textures, 80% of the game engine, music and lore, fixed over 9000 broken quests and items and typos, added some new stuff written by he community and then we continued to install another 5000 addons to fix some of the previous 800 addons and now it looks like this and plays nothing like the original game, isn't it awesome!? Bethesda is the best dev, they make such great games!!!

Starfield

So what modder in the "Bethesda community" did the textures etc. for the shots? I mean, we all know it wont look like this.
Like many has said, probably resources and not actual gameplay because we all know that unless they incinerate gamebryo / creationengine and move to Unreal or some other engine that's not a complete failure.
Starfield will play and behave like shit for years to come til the community has fixed the game like every other game they put out.

EVERY Bethesda game is like this "HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS GAME ITS SO PRETTY HOW DID THEY DO IT?!"
- oh, It was EZ! First i had to download 800 addons and install them in the correct order, the addons pretty much replaced all the models, textures, 80% of the game engine, music and lore, fixed over 9000 broken quests and items and typos, added some new stuff written by he community and then we continued to install another 5000 addons to fix some of the previous 800 addons and now it looks like this and plays nothing like the original game, isn't it awesome!? Bethesda is the best dev, they make such great games!!!
Are you from the future?

Starfield

XlgxNvZ.png

Not mine, still unconfirmed if it is legit as of yet*

if it turns out to be real, man...this looks ALOT better than what we previously saw, if thats an actual ingame screenshot from a newerb build.
Looks to goo to be true. Guess we will find out soon.

DlF9f5C.png

LjVn3Gs.png

Ui from 2018 leak for comparison. Looks "slightly" different

Old Empire.

XlgxNvZ.png

if it turns out to be real, man...this looks ALOT better than what we previously saw, if thats an actual ingame screenshot from a newerb build.

DlF9f5C.png

LjVn3Gs.png

Cyberpunk was overhyped and rest is known.I think we should wait and see the full product. Remember Anthem next big game, a flop in the end. I want to be surprised, but not getting hyped over new titles, till i see how it all plays out.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
XlgxNvZ.png

DlF9f5C.png

LjVn3Gs.png

Most of those rocks on the ground aren't casting any shadows, looks a bit rough, which I guess makes that leak kinda believable?

Also the UI looks like a happy dude.

XlgxNvZ.png

DlF9f5C.png

LjVn3Gs.png

Ehh, at this point, Bethesda should just come out and reveal this thing.

driqe

XlgxNvZ.png

DlF9f5C.png

LjVn3Gs.png

This might not look 10 years old release wtf

mansoor1980

Gold Member
XlgxNvZ.png

DlF9f5C.png

LjVn3Gs.png

looks like the moon TITAN

Top Bottom