• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New teasers for SCORN and inXile’s Next-Gen Unreal Engine 5 RPG

Calverz

I’m not saying Its not coming out, im just saying there feels like after two years of seeing it i still have no clue what the gameplay structure or long term play is supposed to be.

Just walking and opening doors basically
You are trolling. We hve seen far more of this than abandoned. Just stop

You are trolling. We hve seen far more of this than abandoned. Just stop

I watched teh entire 10-15 minute gameplay preview and i think i saw like two enemies, one the player couldn’t fight. So yeah, im not sure what the actual goal or gameplay is like long term, it seems like it was just using the gun as a key to open doors and elevators

Banned
Say what now? Metroid Prime is one of the best games ever made, like of all time! Scorn on the other hand is a glorified art project (an uninspired one at that) which they turned into a 'game'. It appears about as fun to 'play' as watching paint dry and if it scores more than a 5 or 6 on Metacritic I'll eat my hat.
inb4 it's a GOTY candidate out of nowhere lol

jaysius

Banned
I watched teh entire 10-15 minute gameplay preview and i think i saw like two enemies, one the player couldn’t fight. So yeah, im not sure what the actual goal or gameplay is like long term, it seems like it was just using the gun as a key to open doors and elevators

Here it is if anyone is wondering, actually this has more action than what was described.

The game looks incredible and the atmosphere is intense also lots of fun puzzles but I fucking hate games where you can't kill big baddies for no good reason.

This isn't really Metroid Prime at all, that game had solid shooting AND fun exploration. This game pairs you with a pea shooter and makes you avoid baddies for the most part.

Not EVERY GAME needs to be SOME OTHER GAME.

Scorn is it's own weird thing with shitty weapons.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Scorn will fill in for Metroid Prime like Tunic filled in for top down Zelda.
Never had this impression tbh.

The game looks way slower, serious, horror themed and less gadget\combat\puzzle centric like a metroid.

Also the color palette\artstyle...scorn has enough alien dicks to make poor samus blush.

Last edited:

Calverz

Yes. Which is far more than we hve seen of abandoned. Stop digging yourself a hole.

Fredrik

This one?

It’s a slow-paced game but there are more than two enemies for sure. To me it looks like it plays like Resident Evil, really like the organic visual design and the sound design is great, it’s creepy, metroidvania type of gameplay, you traverse through an Alien-like maze of sorts.

onesvenus

If somebody looks at the inXile image and think it's a UE5 game, he should have their eyes checked. The geometry on those walls looks completely last gen

Top Bottom