• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Terminator: Dark Fate images show the main characters.

There's nothing that suggests these screens are from a Terminator film. Where's the cold, tech horror bleakness?
Everything after T2 has been terrible, and I'm sure this latest entry will continue the trend.
For me Terminator's decline sort of mirrors Metal Gear Solid's: things started going down hill after the second instalment.

Yes, that's one thing that was lost was the almost horror movie vibe of the first two movies.

Still waiting for the Goonies sequel

634627.jpg

Me too, brotha.

I actually think it could be a perfect time for it. Josh Brolin and Sean Astin could return as "Goonie dads" or something

Geki-D

Banned
So what role is Arnold playing if this is a direct sequel to T2? What?; Did they just so happen to send another T-850 back in time that just so happens to be old? Or meet a guy who just so happens to look like a T-850?

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So what role is Arnold playing if this is a direct sequel to T2? What?; Did they just so happen to send another T-850 back in time that just so happens to be old? Or meet a guy who just so happens to look like a T-850?

Might be the guy that the machine was based off of. Someone who works for Skynet or something.

Geki-D

Banned
Might be the guy that the machine was based off of. Someone who works for Skynet or something.
Maybe, though this is actually pretty silly and if that's the case I have no hope for this movie.

Arnold simply shouldn't be in this, not unless he's gained the ability to become young again.

So what role is Arnold playing if this is a direct sequel to T2? What?; Did they just so happen to send another T-850 back in time that just so happens to be old?

He's playing yet another Terminator and as Sub_Level mentioned, supposedly whatever the human basis for the model was. It's been described as a "torch passing" role so I wouldn't expect much from him. The boygirl looking character is the new machine protagonist.

Tesseract

Banned
i actually wouldn't mind some kinda t2 retcon here for arnold, maybe his memory was uploaded somewhere before he dipped into the lava

i'm tired of memory reboots, that shit just ain't fun

Last edited:
So a young, cgi Arnold or an old man Terminator?

If this is true then just no. Clearly a lameass way to shoehorn a non-cgi Arnold into the movie. That worked so well in Genysis.

No clue yet. Only media of Arnold available is just him as a bearded old guy.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
They going for "Living tissue over a metal endoskeleton"
Really can't fault them on that, obviously it ages so, it works

Wait so what's the point of Nick Carter Terminator?

Last edited:

petran79

Banned
Me too, brotha.

I actually think it could be a perfect time for it. Josh Brolin and Sean Astin could return as "Goonie dads" or something

Compared to countless Alien, Ghostbusters, Robocop and Terminators? A thousand times this! Even at its worse it would be much better than all of the above
Got the BD and saw the deleted scenes. What were they thinking removing the octopus scene, yet have the kids in the end mentioning it as if it were in their imagination!

Dontero

Banned
Let arnie die already. No one wants to see him anymore in Terminator.
Terminator does have interesting lore. Especially later post apocalypse.

Do movie/TV series about that grim future we saw in T2 rathat whatever that Genysys garbage was.

Top Bottom