• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer for Shin Megami Tensei V

Armorian

Banned
AM-JKLUErwOg98YSCcbqE1gvegetMmOV9YkAndYFce82WBw22JF-nxQp3fomhUCm1CBnaK4dnjpXfJLiKIRgN6HwoVoSZVTxLBgwv6OYmWkEhD8FJ8xZZgCx94Tp0lCh9bkZiGDdoxsX5faGuz31ZfLWwlNB=w1652-h929-no

Will penis on a wheelchair be in this game?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
For a Switch game, it looks good. It's also a huge step up from the 3DS games.
Oh it definitely looks great. Especially if the 3DS games only used sprites instead of 3D models. The thing is I don't think games need high end graphics to be good. I very much prefer graphics that sell an artists vision and has form and functionality over a hot mess.

NEON BLUE GRIFFITH and his demon friends are looking pretty good on Switch.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
There's going to be a thing tomorrow. Supposedly it'll already have English subs if you turn the subtitles on.
Can you believe how long Atlus was radio silent over this game? To the point that we thought the game got canceled but now we are getting new info almost daily.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Can you believe how long Atlus was radio silent over this game? To the point that we thought the game got canceled but now we are getting new info almost daily.
It's Smash Bros god tier level of daily info. Reminds of the old Famitsu days where every week a specific game you waited on always had more information to satisfy your lust for knowledge on your game you were looking forward to.

It's damn nice to see that again. I'm loving all the demon videos. And every day too.

This alongside Metroid is my most hyped up games for the year. ^_^

I'd like to believe they were very quiet by virtue of just putting in the work towards this game. It's how games should be teased. They clearly have plenty to show and none of it is bullshit.

Danjin44

The stream is starting soon, I'm already sold on the game and I should avoid seeing more footage, but who am I kidding here!? I'm weak man and I will watch every news and game footage of this game.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Surprised to see using Devil summoner’s colour choice this time around.

Last edited:

Fenrir, Alice, King Frost, and Yamato-no-Orochi, likely with unique skills (because it shows Die for Me! and King Bufula). Toxic Breath seems like it would be a common skill, although its animation shows the streams coming out of Y-n-O's mouths. Also see that skills can be leveled up (e.g. Die for Me!+5).

The camera work looks so beautiful and frenetic in fights.

Art for new characters.

Nuwa
nuwa.jpg

Looks like a new megami for my waifu team, assuming you can summon her late game. Chinese milf goddess <3

Last edited:

Danjin44

Looks like a new megami for my waifu team, assuming you can summon her late game. Chinese milf goddess <3
If its like pervious SMT games, if we beat her in boss fight then we can get her through fusion later.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Likely any demon that isn't the final boss can generally be used. It's how it's been for most SMT games. Aogami is a no go primarily because it's a SMT4 Final situation where you are more or less sharing a physical body.

I hope Xi Wangmu comes back with Makarakarn. Reflect builds were always my favorite way to play.

Y0ssarian

Banned
I managed to play through Nocturne and IV (and Persona 4, 5 & Strikers) but I still haven't done IV Apocalypse yet :0 don't know if I'll get it done in time

Top Bottom