• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Trailer for The Matrix Ressurections

Corpsepyre

Banned
Man, I watched that after trying my best to just hold out for the film at this point, and I don't think I'm spoiled as such, even though it's obviously loaded with so many story beats.

REALLY hoping this film nails it. Not excited for anything else right now.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

Don't get me wrong. I'll watch it but my expectations are incredibly low.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks good to me!

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I'm still confused to weather this is a continuation or a reinterpretation. Otherwise i like what i see.

Ulysses 31

My guess is that a lot people wanted to continue living in the Matrix after Revelations and the Machines started to mislead people again into conforming to the Matrix.
I'm still confused to weather this is a continuation or a reinterpretation. Otherwise i like what i see.
I suspect its a bit like The Force Awakens, a continuation that's also largely a retread of the original.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Calling it now. Trinity is now, and has always been the true "one". Neo was the fake, which is why we're back to square one again.

Fbh

First trailer was better. This one made it look like yet another creatively bankrupt sequel to cash in on nostalgia.

Kacho

Gold Member
Can't roll my eyes hard enough at Trinity now being the "One". Had a feeling they would do something that boring.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Certainly looks like all the spoilers are turning out to be pretty accurate from what that trailer shows.

The meltdowns are going to be glorious :ROFLMAO:

The Matrix shit the bed with those two fucking awful sequels, so I'm down for whatever bullshit they intend to pull this time around. Who gives a damn at this point!

Jennings

Stil looks as convoluted as the first trailer, but now more bloated and overly-reliant on revisiting popular scenes from the first movie.

And while I'm sure there's an in-story reason why we get old Trinity and old Neo while being handed a new Morpheus, I want the real Morpheus.

Last edited:

McCheese

Stil looks as convoluted as the first trailer, but now more bloated and overly-reliant on revisiting popular scenes from the first movie.

And while I'm sure there's an in-story reason why we get old Trinity and old Neo while being handed a new Morpheus, I want the real Morpheus.

The casting of Agent Smith and Morpheus I took as a sort of "every time the loop occurs some things don't quite stay the same" rather than as a casting decision. I also think Trinity is "the one" this time around which is why they've kept Carrie playing her.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
template-im-in-0c6db91aec9c.jpg

The only thing I didn't like in that trailer was that dollar store Agent Smith. That actor should only play whiney prep school type characters.

The Skull

I imagine this will be a fairly standard Hollywood sequel where the original is deconstructed and your told it wasn't as good as you remember. Neo wasn't the one, Trinity is. Having said that, the new trailer is miles better than the initial reveal.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I imagine this will be a fairly standard Hollywood sequel where the original is deconstructed and your told it wasn't as good as you remember. Neo wasn't the one, Trinity is. Having said that, the new trailer is miles better than the initial reveal.
It’s about as far from a Hollywood sequel you can get. Which is why some people will HATE it.

Doom85

Well, since they discuss the cycle of Ones in the trailer, my theory is that Trinity is the new One for this cycle. And this could cause a massive disruption in the cycles if two Ones are alive at the same time as presumably that’s never happened before.

Granted, it seemed like Neo had stopped the cycle beginning with his choice in Reloaded, but it’s possible The Architect lied to him and neither choice was enough to fully end the war for good.

Synless

Why would Trinity be the one? Neo did what needed to happen in the OG trilogy and still retains his powers. Nothing so far has shown Trinity being at Neo’s level in the trailer.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Looks like this is gonna be deeper than we were expecting.

Kenpachii

Dunno, feel like i already saw this movie but with better cast and better cgi.

We will see tho, feels more like a star wars reboot so far. Nothing really had the magic of the first one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom