• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Trailer for The Matrix Ressurections

Cleared_Hot

Stick to watching the trailers and avoid yourself the inevitable mental damage this absolute braindead movie will inflict upon you.
This is worse than TLJ, worse than Highlander 2, heck I'd rather rewatch Kindergarten Cop 2
Like this is just fucking bonkers. It's a decent movie a should never be compared to tlj. Holy fuck I feel like I watched a different movie than yall.

Cleared_Hot

it’s very very bad. It is so bad it’s hard to describe. I can’t believe that a movie could be so poorly written it’s shocking. This movie is almost like someone put a gun to Lana‘s head and forced her to make a movie she didn’t want to.
I am actually at a loss for words for how bad this is
This is the kind of review that makes this place lose all credibility. You can't explain yourself then it's bullshit.

I for one liked it and after watching g this video, I like it even more Screencrunch matrix 4 breakdown

GloveSlap

Like this is just fucking bonkers. It's a decent movie a should never be compared to tlj. Holy fuck I feel like I watched a different movie than yall.
Say what you will about The Last Jedi (I don't like it either), but it was at least competent on a technical level. The Matrix is amateur hour in comparison.

SegaShack

I just watched it...

Honestly don't understand the sheer hate. It was cool, i enjoyed it!

Yall are always so damn pessimistic.
Me neither I thought it was very smart and a super cool way to continue the story. People just want to see the same movie redone with "cameos" for the audience to "applaud to" and jokes.

Apparently people love it in Spiderman.

This was a super clever Twilight Zone type story and I really enjoyed it.

Cleared_Hot

Say what you will about The Last Jedi (I don't like it either), but it was at least competent on a technical level. The Matrix is amateur hour in comparison.
Okay elaborate, because I think that's fucking insane too. There was nothing competent on a technical level in TLJ but I think matrix Resurrections was plenty technically competent

SJRB

Gold Member
Funny how the movie in many ways is a critique on our obsessions and dependence these days on social media and you couldn't last the whole movie before turning to your phone to let strangers know how you're feeling about it

Speaks volumes about how terrible the movie is, doesn't it.

No, it speaks volumes about that dudesobsession. It doesn't say anything about the quality of the movie.
Dude, you need to take a chill pill. The movie sucks, get over it. No reason whatsoever to attack people in this thread.
Dialogue, action, story, music and cinematography are sub-par. Whatever social commentary can be extracted from the tedious exposition clearly isn't worth it as it is devoid of any real substance.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Funny how the movie in many ways is a critique on our obsessions and dependence these days on social media and you couldn't last the whole movie before turning to your phone to let strangers know how you're feeling about it

If movie would be good and engaging I wouldn’t even think about posting here while watching. I watched it on PC and it was so bad that I started browsing the web mid movie.

New Matrix is not fun. It’s not clever. It’s not well directed. It’s garbage.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
What hurts the most is that this is the 3rd crack at a sequel to one of the great science fiction movies of all time and they still fuck it up. Time to face facts the first movie was a fluke, these cunts had one good movies in them and thats it

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
This was doo doo butter.

Holy shit was I disappointed.

Terrible action and cinematography. Like often cw amateur hour, like how? Story that didn't need to be told as it turns out,
cause all it did in the end was just bring two characters back from the dead, thus rendering their sacrifice useless.

Shit music score and holy shit that cover at the end credits made me laugh out loud.

chekhonte

I only watched it to see if there’d be a reference to baudrillard’s Simulacra and simulation since I heard that there were millions of nods to the original. Baudrillard just ripped the matrix movies and assume that the the creators know about that. There wasn’t an explicit reference that I saw but this was *chefs kiss* on the nose.
4de21Zl.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. It is so bad it makes the sequels look like citizen fucking kane. At least they had amazing choreography, mind blowing action and visuals. This is amateur hour straight to DVD bullshit.

Everyone was miscast. The direction was poor. The acting was poor. The writing was poor. I can’t believe this ever got green lit. I’m blown away by just how bad this movie was.

The five minute unreal engine 5 demo was better than this. I’ve seen comparisons to the last Jedi and prometheus but those are really well made movies with some dumb writing choices. The action in those movies are directed really well. The cinematography is great. The acting is adequate. They are flawed movies but never bad. This is a bad movie. Everything about it is bad.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Well it wasn't worse than Jupiters Ascending. That still has my title as worst movie of all time.

In a way Matrix 4 is way worse because Jupiter Ascending was a new project that bombed spectacularly but was self contained, whereas this movie is not just ultra bad on its own, not only goes out of its way to spit in the face of franchise fans who've loved the first one for over TWENTY YEARS, but also tarnishes a movie that is considered a cinematic classic and treats it, its characters, its narrative, its visual style and its fanbase with utmost contempt.

Spacefish

I only watched it to see if there’d be a reference to baudrillard’s Simulacra and simulation since I heard that there were millions of nods to the original. Baudrillard just ripped the matrix movies and assume that the the creators know about that. There wasn’t an explicit reference that I saw but this was *chefs kiss* on the nose.
4de21Zl.jpg
The entire film is in dialogue with Baudrillard, Binaries, mirrors, the death of the real and elevation of nostalgia, killing your IP to get revenge against the system, simulations within simulations to distract from being in one, nothing can ever die because everything is already resurrected by the system. These aren't all ideas exclusive to him but they are all specific talking points in just the first few pages of his book. Even the fact that Baudrillard didn't like the first films because it was too clean about was is real and fake and he was pessimistic about ever being able to wake up, so now you have an entire film that seeks to blur the lines between the film world and ours, a product that feels fake, you're waiting the whole time for it to become "real" and it never does, there's constant blurring of the lines like characters eating red pills then immediately putting on blue glasses to steady themselves. The film is almost a visual adaptation of the ideas in his book, much more than the first film.

I still think its a shitty film (even if it was almost certainly intentional) but if someone is into philosophy and likes catching references or wants to dig there's stuff to be found.

Last edited:
Top Bottom