• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New UK charts (GTA:SA #1)

Solid

No surprise really :D

uk_11j.JPG

SantaC

the UK charts ALWAYS have sonic games in them. I wonder how amazing Sonic Rush will sell in the UK.

Borys

Banned
That's PS2/ PC/ Xbox version? I assume the Xbox one because it launched recently, no?

And YAY! for Half-Life 2 still fighting.

u_neek

Rockstar/Take 2’s ‘Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas’ (PS2/XB/PC) manages to leapfrog the Star Wars double act and re-enters the Chart at No1 for the first time since week 47, 2004.

Of the 2 new versions Xbox is the format of choice with 63% of total sales, followed by PC with 34%. The Xbox version is the second fastest-selling Xbox product ever tracked within a single week, after ‘Halo 2’. Last week’s No1 and No2 remain firmly entrenched at No’s 2 and 3 (Lucasarts/Ubisoft’s ‘Star Wars Ep III: Revenge Of The Sith’ and Eidos/Giant’s ‘Lego Star Wars’), followed at No4 by Midway’s PS2/XB ‘Area 51’. Sierra/Vivendi’s PS2 ‘Cold Winter’ enjoys the cool summer by climbing 10 places to No9 from last week’s No19 debut. NCSoft’s PC online-only ‘Guild Wars’ might have relinquished No1 on the PC Chart to ‘San Andreas’ (having held that honour for the last 6 weeks) but still manages to climb back into the Top 10, up 5 places to No10.

u_neek said:
Rockstar/Take 2’s ‘Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas’ (PS2/XB/PC) manages to leapfrog the Star Wars double act and re-enters the Chart at No1 for the first time since week 47, 2004.

Of the 2 new versions Xbox is the format of choice with 63% of total sales, followed by PC with 34%. The Xbox version is the second fastest-selling Xbox product ever tracked within a single week, after ‘Halo 2’. Last week’s No1 and No2 remain firmly entrenched at No’s 2 and 3 (Lucasarts/Ubisoft’s ‘Star Wars Ep III: Revenge Of The Sith’ and Eidos/Giant’s ‘Lego Star Wars’), followed at No4 by Midway’s PS2/XB ‘Area 51’. Sierra/Vivendi’s PS2 ‘Cold Winter’ enjoys the cool summer by climbing 10 places to No9 from last week’s No19 debut. NCSoft’s PC online-only ‘Guild Wars’ might have relinquished No1 on the PC Chart to ‘San Andreas’ (having held that honour for the last 6 weeks) but still manages to climb back into the Top 10, up 5 places to No10.

That bodes very well for GTA:SA in the US as well, I'd think. Maybe it could be a million seller quite quickly. I thought an 8 month differential, release during the summer, and the pending release of the 360 would conspire to keep it down, but it looks like it's coming out swinging.

bishoptl said:
Drying their hot, bitter tears on white sheets. :D

It's pretty funny though. They were so sure that the series popularity was dead because the game starred a black guy and took place in the hood. That was going to be the final straw for the series. Now it turns out that GTASA is considered the best game in the series by most and is on track to outsell the previous games.

Taker666

almokla said:
ok .. Nintendo REALLY have to do something about UK/Europe...
Hard to know what to do in the UK, the culture just dislikes Nintendo games, always has.
Although Nintendo are not as favoured by retailers as they have to buy Nintendo games outright while Sony/Microsoft flood their titles into stores on a sale or return basis which helps explain the lack of presence Nintendo has in stores.

Not sure about the rest of Europe but Mario 64 DS has been in the top ten in France since launch (around 10 weeks), and RE4,Mario Tennis and Mario Party 6 were in the top ten for a couple of months.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
SolidSnakex said:
It's pretty funny though. They were so sure that the series popularity was dead because the game starred a black guy and took place in the hood. That was going to be the final straw for the series. Now it turns out that GTASA is considered the best game in the series by most and is on track to outsell the previous games.

heheh I remember that thread... owned! ;)

Bob White

GT motherfuckin' A!!!

Give rockstar more money!

SA could have been half assed, but rockstar went above and beyond with the sickness that is SA.

The huge ass map, the new control systems, all types of planes and shit (jetpack!!!), sky diving, better game engine, and just that same old rockstar goodness and in jokes.

BUY THIS GAME!!!1&45

...........GTA 4 will rape me without lube......and I want it to.

Taker666 said:
Hard to know what to do in the UK, the culture just dislikes Nintendo games, always has.

Sorry, that's just nonsense. Nintendo has never taken the UK market seriously, and Sega and then Sony benefited. Sonic is a much bigger name in the UK than Mario has been, or probably ever will be.

The game was released on June 10 in Europe...Chart-Track is for week ending June 11, the game outsold everything on that list in 2 days and was second fastest selling only to Halo2? How long was Halo2 tracked in the week it was released?

people need to be told to stop buying the piece of crap that is cm5 and go buy football manager the REAL cm5, o well they'll see themselves how shit it is, fm2005 will outsell it in the long run i reckon.

since theres nowhere really else i just wanted to comment on san andreas, finished the main story today. But I have to say in some aspects the series hasn't progressed. Where has the rubbish and crap on the streets gone? There are still too few pedestrians. SA's radio was poor, vc's and III's are way way better. Whats with that heat blurriness I want to turn that off. Removal of items that indicate your progress, in vice city as u progressed new stuff would appear in your hotel room, seems to be totally missing in sa. Ohh and your gang mates are all retarded and rarely shoot.

NWO

Link316 said:
nice looking chart :)

Yeah because we all know that Simpsons Hit & Run, Singstar Popworld, WM21, Simpsons Road Rage, The Incredibles, Sonic Heroes, and Shrek 2 are the pinnacle of gaming. :lol

Li Mu Bai

Banned
NWO said:
Yeah because we all know that Simpsons Hit & Run, Singstar Popworld, WM21, Simpsons Road Rage, The Incredibles, Sonic Heroes, and Shrek 2 are the pinnacle of gaming. :lol

What is you UKers fascination with the damn Simpsons! Both of those titles have been on the chart since release iirc. Along with other various other crap games?

Top Bottom