• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Updates for NeoGAF Gold Gifting

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
We've been really excited about how much enthusiasm everyone has had for NeoGAF Gold gifting, and we wanted share with you some updates we've made to the gifting system today.

Quick Links on Member Cards
You can now gift users quickly by simply hovering over their username and selecting the "Gift" button.

rUtVNmN.png

Quick Links on Member Pages
Like the above, you can now find a "Gift" button on member's profile pages.

u84X9wK.png

Either of these two options will take a you a quick menu that lets you select either 1 month or 1 year (as well as selecting if the gift is anonymous), and enter your payment details.

HpqKpKA.png

Gifting Individual Posts
This is a fun new addition to the gifting system. On each post, next to the "Like" button, is a new button labeled "Gift".

hVXTz7F.png

Gifting a post on NeoGAF means that you really valued that poster's contribution to the site. To showcase this recognition, the user's post will be highlighted in gold! Next to the Gift icon, there will also be the number of times that post has been gifted Gold.

jzRl124.png

As a bonus, if the post that's been gifted is an original post, that post will be highlighted in the thread list

2WO1lmB.png

Please note - this attribution of Gold is only cosmetic. It won't bump the thread (or reply) any higher on the list or give them any additional search priority.

We hope you enjoy these new features! As always, please let us know if you run into any issues with the new updates.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
We also identified what appeared to be the problem with some non-anonymous Gold gifts sending a generic "welcome to NeoGAF Gold" notification rather than the notification telling the recipient who gifted them. That should work properly now.

Thabass

Okay, so I wasn't going completely crazy when I saw it that added to the inline thread selections. I thought I'd missed it and had gone insane.

Good work team.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Please, make these kind of threads from the staff highlighted in the top of the forum for a few days in all the forums. Making this all the users can see the news and don't miss the updates. I didn't knew the existence of this thread until today because of this problem. It get lost like a normal thread.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Is there a way to turn off the orange highlights on gilded threads? It's pretty jarring, and honestly I find it kind of ugly. The medal emblems stands out well enough to know that a poster was gilded for a thread.

Kagey K

Banned
Is there a way to turn off the orange highlights on gilded threads? It's pretty jarring, and honestly I find it kind of ugly. The medal emblems stands out well enough to know that a poster was gilded for a thread.
It’s usually not a problem. Today is a bit of a different circumstance. I’m not sure they saw it coming when they implemented the feature.

Top Bottom