• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New version of Joe & Mac: Caveman Ninja coming to PC and consoles next year

Bullet Club

Joe & Mac's back on PC and consoles next year​

Club back together.

A remake of retro classic Joe & Mac: Caveman Ninja will launch for consoles and PC in 2022.

This remade and expanded version of the 1991 arcade original is being developed by Asterix & Obelix: Slap Them All! developer Mr. Nutz Studio and published by Microids.

Rebuilt from the ground up, this version of Caveman Ninja will also include a new adventure mode with freshly-added levels.

For now, there's little beyond the announcement and a couple of screenshots.

"It's a real honor to offer gamers the chance to rediscover these characters that marked their generation," said Microids boss Stéphane Longeard. "We have full confidence in Mr. Nutz Studio to bring these little prehistoric men back to life."

m9UHuR0.jpg

1CH5pV2.jpg

Source: Eurogamer

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I always wanted a sequel to this, I was sad back in the day when I saw a new Joe & Mac game @ the arcade and it was just a single screen platform action game instead (I go back to such games too but not so much the Joe & Mac one, mostly Bubble Bobble, Snow Bros and Tumble Pop).

But they should totally include this game too with the same assets as used for the main game (and new ones where required like the bosses obviously) to make it a somewhat more worthwhile package deal...

Last edited:

CamHostage

I'm so glad these Mr. Nutz Studio guys are getting work and being recognized. Their Asterix & Obelix game looks swell, they've got that really attractive Toki remake, their leaders go all the way back to the old Mr Nutz game... just nice throwback stuff with expressive art.

Top Bottom