• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New VR headset from HP

I'm not upgrading from my Rift S until we get a mainstream wireless headset. This HP looks great but all I need now is no cables and perhaps better fov and resolution. I still think we need more AAA games though. The vr scene has improved a lot but we need more consistent decent vr games releases as well.

Last edited:

Romulus

We need fewer VR headsets and more VR games.

I think when you look at the high end install base of VR headsets, and I'll just throw in PSVR for the hell it, its still less than 10 million. And I can't think of any platform with under 10 million base that comes remotely close to VR's quality of games.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Looks like hand tracking isn't on par after all. Shame.

Really dubious on MRTV's part as he's been raving it's just fine with minor issues when too close to your face & shit while completely ignoring issues when they're off view as you perform actions to your body/waist to grab stuff or use them as pointers from a comfortable low height instead of held up like a gun and what not.

Perhaps that's the difference between tech nuts and people who actually play VR games (and not confined to stuff like seated simulators at that) since he's been stressing there's been no sponsoring deals or anything done by any of these companies and he's made a point to refuse any that have been requested on top of that.

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned
I don't really care about the motion controls in general, but my G2 blows my Index away in terms of visual clarity. I can't go back to the Index for racing and flight sims.

zcaa0g

Banned
I should add with some work, you can supposedly get the Index base stations and controllers to work with the G2 but haven't messed with it yet.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Yes, it's in the Tested video (not the how, the you can) too. So yes Index owners or Vive owners or whatever can get a G2 and mix it up and have the best of both worlds but it's quite a roundabout way to achieve it and you'll still have paid for stuff you don't use (the G2 controllers until sold stand alone) and brings the cost up to like 1600, though I guess knowing this you can skip getting an Index HMD altogether, just get the Index controllers, the base stations, and the G2. Still ends up at like 1200? Something like that. For the 600 they ask, 700 EUR in Europe, they really should do tracking better/on par with Oculus, or did Facebook use magic on the 4 cams?

Last edited:
Top Bottom