• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox bundle announced which costs more than the Xbox on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvally

Banned
Nice Way to increase the price without actually increase the price, Jim Ryan already teaching Xbox division some shit đź‘Ť

559.99$

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/01/05/xbox-series-x-forza-horizon-5-premium-edition-bundle/
K-Pop GIF

Leonidas

Hate to say it but MS first party game bundles are kinda useless since all their games are on Game Pass.

Microsoft: “play all our first party games for free with gamepass”

Also Microsoft: “buy this console with one of our freee gamepass games for 60 more dollars”

People are going to act oblivious to what this is though.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Since when is a bundle a price increase?

What a terrible thread, OP. You should feel bad.
Bundles used to pack in games for free. See every Xbox Bundle last gen. Even PS4 pro bundle for GOW was priced at $399. The retail price for the Pro was $399.

The Horizon Forbidden West bundle and now this Forza bundle are $50-60 extra forcing people to pay extra for games they might not want to play. With the console shortages, people will just suck it up and buy this SKU.

Mephisto40

If the bundle comes with a Gamepass subscription included, why would you need Forza separately? Forza is free on gamepass?!?

Last edited:

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Bundles used to pack in games for free. See every Xbox Bundle last gen. Even PS4 pro bundle for GOW was priced at $399. The retail price for the Pro was $399.

The Horizon Forbidden West bundle and now this Forza bundle are $50-60 extra forcing people to pay extra for games they might not want to play. With the console shortages, people will just suck it up and buy this SKU.

Lots of things used to be better -- I'm not arguing the morality/quality of it (bundles are dumb, and I hate them) -- but it's clearly not a price hike. The only time I would consider that statement as valid is if they said "This was sold at $499, now it is only ever, anywhere you go, being sold at $559 because fuck you" -- then it's a price hike, and even then it's a bit shaky. Otherwise it's still just a dumb bundle no one is required to buy if they're uninterested in the pack in.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Lots of things used to be better -- I'm not arguing the morality/quality of it (bundles are dumb, and I hate them) -- but it's clearly not a price hike. The only time I would consider that statement as valid is if they said "This was sold at $499, now it is only ever, anywhere you go, being sold at $559 because fuck you" -- then it's a price hike, and even then it's a bit shaky. Otherwise it's still just a dumb bundle no one is required to buy if they're uninterested in the pack in.
its not a price hike but if this replaces all other SKUs then it might as well be. Like the OP said, Jim Ryan did this with the HFW bundle before increasing the price a few months later. Phil seems to be following suit. He's already confirmed that a price hike is coming this year.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member

I'm trying to remember. I'm sure like the catalogue bundles used to be massive. Like Argos pushing the mega drive and three games. I think they were a lot more expensive but discounted.

I can't remember the official bundles though. Long time ago that now. Like Duck Hunt in the NES bundle etc

NickFire

its not a price hike but if this replaces all other SKUs then it might as well be. Like the OP said, Jim Ryan did this with the HFW bundle before increasing the price a few months later. Phil seems to be following suit. He's already confirmed that a price hike is coming this year.
Sure, but until and unless they actually discontinue non-bundled versions or increase price of non-bundled versions, people should not claim there was a price hike.

Chukhopops

If the bundle comes with a Gamepass subscription included, why would you need Forza separately? Forza is free on gamepass?!?
Base version, here you get the expansion, car pass and VIP.
Nothing indicates that though so it’s still an extremely dumb thread.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Even if you're somehow outraged by this, it's still better than the alternative where they increase the price and give you nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom