• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox Game Pass Games for July 2022

fatmarco

For RE, we have seen the leaked Village contract where Sony prevents Capcom from putting it out on other services before Sony's own service, that likely extends to Re2/3 remakes as well.

This year in general hasn't been as good as 2021 for third party AAA releases so far. Sniper Elite has been a great notable AA1/2 game that was on it day 1. Plague Tale, Scorn, Atomic Heart are all coming later and day 1. STALKER 2 would have already been out had it not been for real world events, that's also day 1.

MS's first party also delaying most of their projects from this year also doesn't help. While 2022 itself seems a bit thin, the next 12 to 15 months in general are packed and should keep most people happy, I suppose.

The Resident Evil contract only mentioned Village and it was a year from launch if I remember correctly, but yeah, like FF7 Re I could maybe see an extension of that deal, or that deal expanding to the other titles as well behind the scenes.

With that said, world events delaying some releases have scuppered 2022 in general gaming wise, but I still don't see why its prevented the Microsoft money hatting we saw in 2021 to compensate for Series X's shockingly bare launch.

That is, of course, unless the Activision deal really did cannibalize all of their funds to the point where they just can't pivot to game delays with big reactionary Gamepass signings like they used to.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The Resident Evil contract only mentioned Village and it was a year from launch if I remember correctly, but yeah, like FF7 Re I could maybe see an extension of that deal, or that deal expanding to the other titles as well behind the scenes.

With that said, world events delaying some releases have scuppered 2022 in general gaming wise, but I still don't see why its prevented the Microsoft money hatting we saw in 2021 to compensate for Series X's shockingly bare launch.

That is, of course, unless the Activision deal really did cannibalize all of their funds to the point where they just can't pivot to game delays with big reactionary Gamepass signings like they used to.

I think that's a bit unlikely, GoTG came to game pass after the sale announcement and reportedly that cost between 5 and 10 million. That being said, once the Activision deal finalizes, there'll be a lot of recent CoD games that'll come to the service, including day 1's like Diablo IV.

It's just a slower 1st half and the usual summer lul, let's see how the 2nd week goes, we already know a couple of day 1 games from it.

Last edited:

reksveks

Fortunately Shadow Run and AI somnium files will keep me busy for the first two weeks of July. Road 96 is up my Alley but already bought and play it and the same for the Yakuza games.

Still need to play yakuza 6.

Solasta is another one to play.

Last edited:
At this point you could fill a bingo card with GAFfers that come into every Game Pass thread just to complain. You'd have a bingo on the first thread page. What the frak is wrong with some of you.
There is a lot of stuff that is good in the new batch, just because YOU haven't heard about those titles probably means you just have a narrow field of view.
Road 96 has a cool concept for adventure gamers. Matchpoint is a well reviewed tennis game. DJMax Respect is a rhythm game and PowerWash Simulator has an overwhelmingly positiv rating on steam. I'll try most of them and that's just the first batch of the month.
But please keep complaining and fill my bingo card. We know why you guys are really in these threads. Having seen in the other thread how old some of you guys are makes this just pathetic.

adamsapple

Fortunately Shadow Run and AI somnium files will keep me busy for the first two weeks of July. Road 96 is up my Alley but already bought and play it and the same for the Yakuza games.

Still need to play yakuza 6.

Solasta is another one to play.

Yakuza 6 has FPS boost so probably the best way to play it on console anyway.

Having the entire franchise in the sub service is a great get.

meh all around. Hopefully the $1 ultimate deal lasts forever. My 3 year membership finally running out this november and plan to do it again for another 3 years

Rockondevil

Gold Member
I'm definitely in for Escape Academy and Road 96 looks alright too.
Powerwash simulator will probably get a couple hours at least I'd imagine.

And my kid can play Peppa Pig and Paw Patrol. Glad I didn't buy Paw Patrol last month on the Switch like I was going to.

At this point you could fill a bingo card with GAFfers that come into every Game Pass thread just to complain. You'd have a bingo on the first thread page. What the frak is wrong with some of you.
There is a lot of stuff that is good in the new batch, just because YOU haven't heard about those titles probably means you just have a narrow field of view.
Road 96 has a cool concept for adventure gamers. Matchpoint is a well reviewed tennis game. DJMax Respect is a rhythm game and PowerWash Simulator has an overwhelmingly positiv rating on steam. I'll try most of them and that's just the first batch of the month.
But please keep complaining and fill my bingo card. We know why you guys are really in these threads. Having seen in the other thread how old some of you guys are makes this just pathetic.
True. Some of these games may be niche, but they are far from being shovelware. They are all well reviewed with the exception of Paw Patrol. And we've even seen a bunch of members happy that there is something for their kids to play this time.

Gambit2483

Maybe you should start buying games? So the industry will survive in the long run..just a thought :)

I'm starting to think Gamepass may actually end up becoming a liability for Xbox...

1. Software sales are discouraged as more and more people are more focused on just "playing it on Gamepass". This leads to an overall mindshare that leads to a decrease in overall software sales.

2. Due to software sales being generally lower on the Xbox platform, some publishers (esp Japanese) may see the platform as more of a liability than releasing titles on Sony or Nintendo's platform. So, they may begin approaching MS with the mindset of "Sure, we will put it on Xbox, provided it's on Gamepass". In a sense this is probably exactly what happened with ATLUS when putting the Persona series on the platform and is almost guaranteed with Kojima's game.

3. This means MS is constantly paying OUT just to have games on their platform. This can't be realistically sustainable, especially if subscriptions drop or if Gamepass price increases too much (causing people to drop subscriptions).

TL;DR Gamepass = less software sales = less publisher confidence = more spending to get games on the platform = more money draining out of MS pockets = Profit..??

Edit: I should've just made this post into a new thread 😅...🤔

Last edited:

SpokkX

Solasta is… amazing?!

I am shocked after 4 hours. Nobody told me this was a modern take on the goldbox d&d games from SSI. I am beyond happy with this month ONLY for Solasta

Anyone who has a remote interest in crpg ala baldurs gate/divinity or just oldschool pc rpg:s from the 90-ies NEED to try this

Three

English is not my first language, so to me "well reviewed" means a review with a good score. I hope this settles this because this is getting dumb.
I'm pretty sure that is some AI written review or some translation from another language. I mean what is it even trying to say?

"Welcome to the game review this is often more of an informational Post about all or any more details of the Matchpoint Tennis Championships review and what we all know so far."

Is it some information gathering AI or what. The review was awful.

clarky

Gold Member
For me it is more like 2022. Not only this month.
That's too bad but there's been loads of stuff this year, more than enough for me. If you've played everything in your eyes that's decent on the service then I'd say take a break and go outside for a while, its summer after all:messenger_sunglasses:. Over the year you need to play what 5 games to get your monies worth?

For me GP +GP PC compliments whatever else I'm playing and saves me a fortune. I used to buy pretty much every big (and some small) release. Just to check them out. Not any more, its completely changed the way I consume games. The amount of games I used to abandon half way through because the next latest and greatest came out was off the charts, now I just pick up the PS5 exclusives that appeal to me and the odd big game that I know for sure wont be on GP for the foreseeable.

They've done pretty well this year, IMO. AC Origins, Hitman, GoTG, Mass Effect, TMNT, and quite a few others. To each their own I guess.
Aye for me just this last 12months or so have been great, sure there will be dry months for the super consumer but it balances out over the year.

Its only going to get better as well, there must be a price hike in the works if the Activision deal goes through, or a separate tier, because one deluxe Call of Duty game would basically cover you for the rest of the year money wise.

Solasta is… amazing?!

I am shocked after 4 hours. Nobody told me this was a modern take on the goldbox d&d games from SSI. I am beyond happy with this month ONLY for Solasta

Anyone who has a remote interest in crpg ala baldurs gate/divinity or just oldschool pc rpg:s from the 90-ies NEED to try this
Nice.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Wait. Is the Hotwheels expansion for Forza not on Game pass? I know its coming the second half of the month but just saw a trailer and looks like it's not. Kinda a bummer, especially as its a bit of a dry month. Optimism quelled somewhat.

adamsapple

Wait. Is the Hotwheels expansion for Forza not on Game pass? I know its coming the second half of the month but just saw a trailer and looks like it's not. Kinda a bummer, especially as its a bit of a dry month. Optimism quelled somewhat.

Gears Hive busters is the only paid DLC that has ever gone on Game Pass from a first party game IIRC, but yeah would be nice if they put hot wheels.

Last edited:

graywolf323

Gold Member
DLC is rarely included with Game Pass, they want you to buy it

clarky

Gold Member
DLC is rarely included with Game Pass, they want you to buy it
Aye was just hoping they'd do me a solid. Looks like i'll have to get my hand in my pocket for once, looks super fun and the last Hotwheels one was great. I bought the ultimate edition for 4 probably why I didn't notice the DLC wasn't on GP.

Edit - apparently, I quoted the wrong comment, so removed it

People are just tired of hearing shills stay stuff like, "omg Paw Patrol is actually great! Best deal in gaming!"

They've resorted to taking stuff off GamePass and then putting it back on to fill out their announcements.

It's $180 a year and when Microsoft doesn't have a single AAA first-party game the entire year, people expect more from third-party deals than this for the monthly fee rental service.

Last edited:
Forgot I already bought it. That will definitely be fun.

Hestar69

We know asscreed odyessy will drop later this month so that's another game (pretty sure they said this was coming this month)

as for far cry 5............WHY

far cry 6 is newer and has been on sale for 15..We shoulda got that one.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

People are just tired of hearing shills stay stuff like, "omg Paw Patrol is actually great! Best deal in gaming!"

They've resorted to taking stuff off GamePass and then putting it back on to fill out their announcements.

It's $180 a year and when Microsoft doesn't have a single AAA first-party game the entire year, people expect more from third-party deals than this for the monthly fee rental service.

You know what else people are tired of hearing? People that come into Game Pass threads to constantly complain and spread negativity.

If you don't like Game Pass and Game Pass threads, cancel it and ignore Game Pass threads.

You know what else people are tired of hearing? People that come into Game Pass threads to constantly complain and spread negativity.

If you don't like Game Pass and Game Pass threads, cancel it and ignore Game Pass threads.
Says the guy in every PlayStation thread liking any comment saying something negative about PS.

I'm a paying GamePass subscriber, at least, for now. Can you say the same about all those PlayStation games you lurk in the threads looking for haters to quietly like their posts?

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member

Personally I think whats coming up in the second half of the year, plus what's not announced yet is worth way more than $180 alone. I already got my monies worth already so its all gravy for me. I get people are disappointed with the selection announced this month, nothing for me personally either, but you can't please everyone all the time, nor should you expect a AAA banger every month. I'll give the tennis game a go at the very least, think the last one i played was top spin back in the day.

adamsapple

Knack is a well reviewed game

Don't believe me?

I dunno man, that reads like a paid advertisement. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Not a single person in the thread has said that. But people who have kids who play games like that are free to share their appreciation. Game Pass isn't just for M+ rated games.

These are all the games that have been announced for June so far, and we haven't even had the second monthly drop announcements yet.

Far Cry 5
Yakuza 0/Kiwami/Kiwami 2
Last Call BBS
Matchpoint Tennis
DJMax Respect V
Road 96
My Friend Peppa Pig
Overwhelm
Paw Patrol
PowerWash Sim
Escape Academy
As Dusk Falls
Immortality
Solasta
House Flipper

You claim to be a paid subscriber, but you certainly bring in the FUD like some of the page 1 gif posters.

"People" are happy, otherwise it wouldn't be a growing service. You will probably not be happy no matter what comes on the service, the trend of your posts in the game pass topics kinda makes that obvious.

Last edited:
Not a single person in the thread has said that.
YES ! YES ! YES !
MORE PAW PATROL GAMES ! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !
I LOVE PAW PATROL AND I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR MORE PAW PATROL GAMES FOR AGES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6d39d545b03c3ac21bd26110b6b6f3ef.gif

(PS: this is not a joke post, i really love Paw Patrol and i have 1000g in two games of them)

Top Bottom