• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox Game Pass Games for July 2022

I'll make you a deal. If you can prove to the mods you have an active Xbox Gamertag and that it's you, (that wasn't made yesterday) I'll donate 50$ to the charity of your choice AND I won't bother you anymore. Fair? Everyone wins.
If you donate $50 to me I'll take it. You are losing $50.

Actually:

payup.png

Pay up, unless you think I installed all these games now after you posted in 1 minute. It's pretty obvious from my posts that I actually had gamepass this hole time because I'm constantly teaching people how to abuse the trial and talking about games that are in gamepass. If I actually didn't have gamepass I wouldn't give a shit about Xbox, it's the only reason I care (as long as I keep getting it for $1).

I don't even know what a gamertag is, I assume is the username, I don't care about achievements or anything on Xbox. I've been playing Flight Simulator over the cloud recently if you must know and I actually like it as someone who doesn't know anything about planes.

You are the exact reason why I don't share Steam, PlayStation or Xbox usernames here, I don't like stalkers.

edit: If you prefer to just get banned instead of paying the $50 I'll give you that out.
edit2: You can also donate to any charity helping people fight cancer that you chose, up to you.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I bought that when it launched on Xbox, not knowing it was going to Switch and PS5. It's decent, but nothing spectacular.
I'm really enjoying it so far.

Have you played souldiers? That's another one I have my eye on, but was turned off after reading it had a save corruption bug (what has since been remedied)

Well DJ Max is a ton of fun. Not the first time GP has changed my mind and broadened my tastes a bit. Really enjoying it. Very slick presentation.

Update: holy fuck this gets hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

DaGwaphics

Matchpoint is fucking hard. Getting webbed everywhere by the cpu

Same. Definitely not as arcade like as virtua tennis. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Seems like a solid effort. Once I get the hang of setting the right power AND keeping the ball in bounds it should be a fun one.

Although, IGN says you need to go out of your way to miss a shot, so, maybe it's just me.

Last edited:

Crayon

If you donate $50 to me I'll take it. You are losing $50.

Actually:

payup.png

Pay up, unless you think I installed all these games now after you posted in 1 minute. It's pretty obvious from my posts that I actually had gamepass this hole time because I'm constantly teaching people how to abuse the trial and talking about games that are in gamepass. If I actually didn't have gamepass I wouldn't give a shit about Xbox, it's the only reason I care (as long as I keep getting it for $1).

I don't even know what a gamertag is, I assume is the username, I don't care about achievements or anything on Xbox. I've been playing Flight Simulator over the cloud recently if you must know and I actually like it as someone who doesn't know anything about planes.

You are the exact reason why I don't share Steam, PlayStation or Xbox usernames here, I don't like stalkers.

edit: If you prefer to just get banned instead of paying the $50 I'll give you that out.
edit2: You can also donate to any charity helping people fight cancer that you chose, up to you.

il_794xN.3911889848_f4b6.jpg

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/matchpoint-tennis-championships

Few more reviews for you SmurfMustard SmurfMustard and adamsapple adamsapple . Game is sat on a 55 MC score.

Are people allowed to complain now, or do MS just have free reign to keep putting low rated shovelware on GP?

jnA3zwv.jpg
Is this the level of pettiness you think that makes you look good? Game could have been good. Now it's likely not. Life goes on.
You're free to complain as much as you want, my problem is with people that complain just to score points for their team.
And if people think anything that's not a AAA game is shovelware, I don't know what to tell them. It would just be kind of sad.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Is this the level of pettiness you think that makes you look good? Game could have been good. Now it's likely not. Life goes on.
You're free to complain as much as you want, my problem is with people that complain just to score points for their team.
And if people think anything that's not a AAA game is shovelware, I don't know what to tell them. It would just be kind of sad.
Team PS 4 lyf G 😂💙

Crew511A

I'm on "Team" Xbox, and I'll be the first to say, there's too much garbage on Game Pass. I get my money's worth thanks to Sniper Elite 5 and Shredder's Revenge. But there's no denying the fact they're just adding filler to pump up the numbers.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I can’t believe I have never played a DJ Max game before playing this on gamepass. (I played rock band like a religion years ago). Respect V is amazing and I’m enjoying the shit out of it. Anybody into rhythm games don’t skip it. 170+ songs (mostly k and j pop but it works)

I can’t believe I have never played a DJ Max game before playing this on gamepass. (I played rock band like a religion years ago). Respect V is amazing and I’m enjoying the shit out of it. Anybody into rhythm games don’t skip it. 170+ songs (mostly k and j pop but it works)
I forgot that I imported one on PSP years ago. Only time I tried it previously.

The game is 1st class. Tons of polish, tons of content.

But holy fuck it's difficult. Like significantly more difficult than most rhythm games even when set to normal. I'm shocked there isn't an even easier setting.

Three

Why are you making this about "scoring points for their team" when it is clear you and adamsapple are doing that?
You were trying to squash peoples dislike for this months games by suggesting it's a well reviewed game. Banjo was just telling you to stop creating fake positive vibes when you know nothing about it:

Matchpoint is a well reviewed tennis game.

The game isn’t even out yet, and I can’t find a single review for it, for any platform, online.

Why would you say that if it’s not true?

You can’t complain about complainers but then fabricate positive vibes from nowhere.

Now it turns out he was right and you're calling him petty for it?

bender

What time is it?
DJ Max is great but I own it on the PS5. Same for the Yakuza games. Pretty happy about Power Wash Simulator though I said the same thing about House Flipper and fell off that in a hurry.

Topher

Gold Member

So how many points did you get for your team with this post?

Is someone keeping score? Who's winning?

Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

Roberts

I dont give a shit about tennis as a sport but I like playing it in a video game form. Matchpoint is probably the best one I have played so far. As soon as I got used to controls, it all clicked - it is challenging but gives you so many options to be good at it.

Topher

Gold Member
I dont give a shit about tennis as a sport but I like playing it in a video game form. Matchpoint is probably the best one I have played so far. As soon as I got used to controls, it all clicked - it is challenging but gives you so many options to be good at it.

I love tennis games, but there are so few good ones these days. I'll give it a shot.

Reactions: Isa
It's definitely got some potential. I just need to figure out how to keep the ball in bounds. Seems super sensitive on the aiming / power. Haven't quite figured out what the game wants me to do. The animations and general control feel is pretty good. Graphics are average to below average, but fine.

Last edited:

Roberts

I love tennis games, but there are so few good ones these days. I'll give it a shot.

Play the tutorial first. It could be that it is not the first game to use its aiming system, but I’ve never played a tennis game like this. And I love it once I got better at it.

Roberts

It's definitely got some potential. I just need to figure out how to keep the ball in bounds. Seems super sensitive on the aiming / power. Haven't quite figured out what the game wants me to do. The animations and general control feel is pretty good. Graphics are average to below average, but fine.

Try focusing your attention not on your player but only where you want to aim. Yes, it is sensitive but you will get better fast. My first game was 1:6, 6:4, 6:0

And yes, it is not exactly a looker.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

The game is fine, the only problem is that you cannot choose how long games in the career mode can be.

You literally have to play an actual game length. Every game can be really long.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member

bender

What time is it?

faint-lanoire.gif

I'll have to check it out. It's been a long time since Virtua Tennis and Top Spin.

So how many points did you get for your team with this post?

Is someone keeping score? Who's winning?

Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive
I'm on no team, I just enjoy Game Pass for the variety of games I would never have tried otherwise. And if you ask me, no one is winning because everyone is losing with this constant warring.
You can't tell me that it's not annoying if you go into a thread and it is always the same group just there to get a rise out of people. It really doesn't matter if it's a PS or an Xbox thread. They have no interest in the game or subject of the thread, they just want to let you know it's crap because it's on the wrong plastic box.
But maybe that's just me because I'm old. This shit has been going on since "we have better scrolling" and "our sound chip is way better" but in my opinion it has never been this petty (there I said it again).

Topher

Gold Member
I'm on no team, I just enjoy Game Pass for the variety of games I would never have tried otherwise. And if you ask me, no one is winning because everyone is losing with this constant warring.
You can't tell me that it's not annoying if you go into a thread and it is always the same group just there to get a rise out of people. It really doesn't matter if it's a PS or an Xbox thread. They have no interest in the game or subject of the thread, they just want to let you know it's crap because it's on the wrong plastic box.
But maybe that's just me because I'm old. This shit has been going on since "we have better scrolling" and "our sound chip is way better" but in my opinion it has never been this petty (there I said it again).

Banjo64 Banjo64 is no console warrior. And he isn't trying to turn this into some kind of PS "team" vs Xbox "team" thread. He is a straight shooter and calls it like he sees it and that applies when PS+ has a shit month as well. So your "team" narrative is misplaced.

Look.....if this were an awesome selection of games and some warrior came in trying to shit on it then that would be one thing. But this isn't an awesome selection and it isn't "warring" to say it isn't very good. Of course, there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with that either.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
It is truly the netflix of gaming. Just give me 1 or 2 actual good games instead of this pile of… I think I’ll cancel my subscription soon if this keeps going for a few more months
Because this months games are the only ones on there right?

One more time, this months offerings are sub-par no question however this is slow season for game releases, what games would you like to see on the service this month?

Top Bottom