• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox Series controller has leaked called 'Stellar Shift' €$64.99|$70

https://www.xfire.com/new-xbox-controller-leaked/
Introducing the Xbox Wireless Controller Special Edition Stellar Shift, a variant of the Xbox Series X/S controllers. This information was leaked on Twitter by the reputable @billbil_kun. Though the controller has not been officially announced by Xbox, it is expected to be released on February 14, according to Amazon Spain, and February 17, according to Amazon Italy. The new Xbox controller will be priced at €64.99.

If the leaked images doing the rounds online are authentic, the Stellar Shift will have a blue-purple hue with a background filled with starlight that resembles images of galaxies captured on telescopes.

Gamers have begun to theorize that the name and design of the controller might be related to the upcoming Bethesda Softworks RPG, Starfield. It's unlikely that the similarity between Starfield, a game set in deep space, and the word "Stellar," which means pertaining to stars, and the starry background are coincidental. Even though the release date of the much-anticipated game hasn't been announced yet, we know that it's scheduled to be released in the first half of this year.
stellar-shift-800x533.jpg

FoE5dEMWYAAcEjy
FoE5dENWYAIwMS8

Apparently it's already on sale in France apparently.

The new Xbox Series controller has leaked called the Stellar Shfit, and it's a color shifting controller as well with a galaxy theme. Some think it may be connected to Starfield, but I doubt it if it's already on sale at some locations.

Unless within the next month or so they are going to shadowdrop Starfield with no build up, but that's not happening lol.

It looks interesting. The color changing seems a bit pointless since you're going to be immersed in the gameplay imo, but it will look good on a display.

Edit - Now Officially Announced

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/02/07/stellar-shift-special-edition-wireless-controller-xbox/

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

I normally dont give a shit about colors. and ill not change my white controller because everything I have in my setup is white. but this is a nice controller for sure.

Corndog

Banned
https://www.xfire.com/new-xbox-controller-leaked/

stellar-shift-800x533.jpg

FoE5dEMWYAAcEjy
FoE5dENWYAIwMS8

Apparently it's already on sale in France apparently.

The new Xbox Series controller has leaked called the Stellar Shfit, and it's a color shifting controller as well with a galaxy theme. Some think it may be connected to Starfield, but I doubt it if it's already on sale at some locations.

Unless within the next month or so they are going to shadowdrop Starfield with no build up, but that's not happening lol.

It looks interesting. The color changing seems a bit pointless since you're going to be immersed in the gameplay imo, but it will look good on a display.

Edit - Now Officially Announced

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/02/07/stellar-shift-special-edition-wireless-controller-xbox/
I was hoping this was a redesign. Oh well.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I bought one cool looking controller, the sea of pirate one, but I've never used it because it looks too pretty and I don't want to mess it up lol.

Until a controller comes out from MS with Hall sticks

isleep.JPG
I have a launch controller with no drift with you doing with your controllers?

I have never had any drifts on any controller.

calistan

The 20th anniversary one is still the best. I've got that one, a custom 'storm grey' one with orange triggers, and a Scuf one with white teflon rings around the sticks (all controllers should have that, feels really smooth).

y9x8b6L.jpg

I'll buy another if they make another transparent one.

Deerock71

I'm a little stunned at the lack of gyro in Microsoft's controllers. Reluctance to jump into VR I completely get...but GYRO?!

Adam Devine Reaction GIF

Mr Hyde

Super sexy. Love the purple color scheme. Would go along well for my PC but too bad Xbox are running with fucking batteries.

calistan

I'm a little stunned at the lack of gyro in Microsoft's controllers. Reluctance to jump into VR I completely get...but GYRO?!

Adam Devine Reaction GIF
Gyro is complete and utter shit. In the unlikely event that any game supports it by default, it's the first thing that gets turned off.

lukilladog

I bought one cool looking controller, the sea of pirate one, but I've never used it because it looks too pretty and I don't want to mess it up lol.

I have a launch controller with no drift with you doing with your controllers?

I have never had any drifts on any controller.

I usually bust left sticks after 3 to 6 months playing racing games... it's not that they don't work anymore but they develop drift and a rough travel that really hurts precision. That was not a problem with my Dreamcast stick... it's just a cheap trash mechanism designed to fail, people should not be charged more than $20/30 for this stuff.

A.Romero

I was excited for a bit as I'm a sucker for controllers but it's just a different color...

I'll have to keep waiting...

calistan

Would like to see you compete against gyro players in any shooter.
Presumably I already do with all the PS5 players in MW2.

People used to think the Wii controller would be the ultimate for shooters, but all it really did was make people wave their arms like idiots instead of just moving their thumbs.

Top Bottom