• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen’s 30 Most Anticipated Games of E3

hc2

artredis1980 said:
Shit list!

games that are missing

1. God of War 3
2. Motorstorm
3. Infamous
4. Mirror's Edge
5. Gran Turismo 5
6. Force Unleashed
7. Dead Space
8. Prince of Persia

This list seems to be instead heavily favouring the 360 with Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 not even in the top 5
I imagine Sony has limited their previews and announcements to not oversaturate the press. They have Home to hype up with a fall release.
And the top two are also on the PS3- Fallout 3 and RE5. Number 6 is Little Big Planet, a PS3 exclusive.

Flakster99

Decent list, though the lack of exclusive DS software is appalling.

Also, Next-Gen should have reserved 3-5 spots for the inevitable related Nintendo Wii/DS software unveiling, which undoubtedly will become anticipated.

FrankT

Sciz said:
Huh. Is Alan Wake not expected to show up at E3?

I hope it gets a showing, but it is most likely a showcase title for MS in 09 and considering MS press conference last year they focused on 07 titles only, but we can hope. I'm hoping they actually do showcase some of their 09 lineup as well.

DuckRacer

Sho_Nuff82 said:
The last HS musical game sold more than Motorstorm (on Wii/PS2). Not like I'm trying to defend the game, just that's the way it is.

Since sales are seemingly such a big factor in this list, you really have to wonder about the lack of any Guitar Hero stuff - is Activision not showing World Tour at E3? It's going to be the best selling game of the year easily. I can understand the lack of excitement over the yearly installments of Madden/FIFA/PES though.

Activision isn't going to be at E3. Neither will Sierra. Does nobody remember the news about Actiblizzard pulling out of the ESA?

kylej

Banned
21. Crysis: Warhead (PC)
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Crysis
Est. Release Date: Fall 2008
Officially Announced for E3: Yes

Brilliant.

acidviper

Banned
kylej said:
21. Crysis: Warhead (PC)
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Crysis
Est. Release Date: Fall 2008
Officially Announced for E3: Yes

Brilliant.

New Mario Game
Publisher Nintendo
Developer Mario

xabre

Banned
Why are they listing shit like High School Musical whatever, and not listing games Empire - Total War?

gconsole

NextGen Top 3 are

1 Fallout 3
2 Resident Evil 5
3 Gears of War 2

VS Top3 from gametrailer

1 Resident Evil 5
2 Fallout3
3 Gears of War2

Big fight between RE5 and Fallout3 I can see.

Top Bottom