• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Gen Fighters who do you think will go first and what do you expect

KAL2006

Banned
Apart from the upcoming Guilty Gear Strive which was originally announced for PS4. Tekken 7 and Street Fighter V have been out for a while. Tekken 7 being 6 years old if you count the arcade release. And Street Fighter 5 being 5 years old. I'm not sure if I expect Soul Caliber sequel or Dead or Alive sequel anytime soon didn't those games bomb. As for Netherealm I expect their next game will be Injustice 3.

I personally think all developers will take their time and I think the first next gen fighting game will be Injustice 3 coming out around early 2022. Seems Mortal Kombat 11 is fully wrapped up with Aftermath DLC and a final ultimate version that got a PS5 port. Where as with Tekken 7 we are still getting one last character upcoming and Street Fighter 5 having a whole years worth of content on the way.

My expectations for next gen fighters is all games having decent rollback netcode. Capcom already have proven they can do this with Marvel Infinite. And Guilty Gear recently jumped on rollback netcode. My other hyped feature is instant load times, it would be great if PS5 version let you jump right into ranked or training mode from a activity card. Finally my expectations for graphics are high for Injustice 3 after seeing how Mortal Kombat 11 turned out.

I played Guilty Gear Strive beta test over the weekend on PS5, load times are instant. Going from the lobby into a match took less than a second, extremely fast. Game is real fun too.

Top Bottom