• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Please keep sharing the disgruntled cult member posts, love it.

Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV
I do miss that thread. Its probably for the best though. Reading that site was depressing as much as it was funny.

killatopak

Gold Member
Evilore quickly needs to add a gender (2 of course) selection for account creation. That should prevent the crazies from coming here.

That in combination with pronoun selection, era fool proof.
That’s funny until you realize we already have members who are of different gender from male and female that are rational and understanding. It’s easy to lump them all with the crazies but there are actual decent people among that demographic.

The older you get, you realize that in the real world people have different views and opinions. Those people can be some of the most amazing people you've ever met, even if you don't agree with their politics, religion, etc. Lord knows I personally know quite a few. But to say this place is "all" that, is absurd. I mean, in any situation it's pretty ridiculous to just blanket an entire community.

It's a forum. A community where people share the same interest(s) and converse. Sometimes people make friends, significant others, etc. It can be as "productive" as you want and allow it to be. But that's entirely up to you, how you treat it, and how you handle it. I was very involved with the Destructoid community in the early to mid/late 2000's and I met some of the nicest and best people I've ever met in that time. Relationships I still have to this day. 🤷‍♂️
This post reads like it's my first day on the internet and the person is trying to walk me through to it as if I've never lived a life before

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
HOW THE FUCK IS NOT BEING VACCINATED AN OPINION, YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT?

This place is as fucked as that other place, you people just don't realise it.
Did you just call me a stupid piece of shit in all caps? What are you? 12 years old?

I’m not anti vax, I’m not a right winger and yet I understand that I live in the real world where people who are exist. I can go around calling them stupid pieces of shit or learn to co exist.

You are everything that’s wrong with era. You want to live in a bubble. You got your bubble in era and you hated it. You hate this place because it has people who have a different world view. You hate everyone because you don’t fit in anywhere.

And you don’t fit in anywhere because you are a sad loser. No one likes you. No one will ever accept you. You’re a delusional fuck who thinks everyone must think like you when literally half the country is anti vax and leans right. Go back to nazi era with other angry losers who have not learned basic human skills like empathy, compassion and understanding. You are angry and alone. Its why there is new a suicide thread there every week. You people have not learned to no exist with your own family and friends. You have no one. You are a generation of angry losers.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Feels based moderation gets replaced by corporate rules. I bet they all thought they were part of something.

I feel like in these threads it's important to remind newer members of GAF that GAF used to be a much different place. Lots of egos and gate keeping. It was fun but also kind of miserable. You post a good thread and you're an unknown, get ready to have people dog pile you and nit pick the shit out of your thread or just ignore it outright.
Ain't that the truth! That thread on twitter about the melt downs, the turd throwing, the ridiculous ban hammer swinging.

That used to be GAF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Is Cerium is sole owner? Or is Reee split across a few people?

If it's just him, he just made $4.5M off the sale + 4 years worth of annual profits. The $700k is really $560k before EBITA (80%). After paying corporate tax, it's still probably $400k-ish. Of course he didnt make that year one getting Reee up and running, but safe to say in 4 years, his net profit in 4 years total is still somewhere over $1M.

I'd estimate this guy has banked in total somewhere between $5.5 - 6M.

And this guy is supposed to be gaming's gift to forums. The guy is pure profiteering like everyone else.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Confession time. When GAF was in flux I made an account at RE. I still have it although I never go there (different user name). Should I feel bad that my membership probabaly added to the sales figure???
Repent! And you shall be saved! Lmao. We know you're good people.

Last edited:

Rat Rage

Running a woke forum is the greatest gig ever. Basement dwelling mods will do all the heavy lifting for you for free in exchange for the ability to ban people and force their leftist ideology on everyone.

These mods weren't forcing their leftist ideology on people (nothing wrong with being a leftist). They were simply forcing their hysterical, hormon-replacement-rage-induced personal opinions onto people and therefore banned thousands of members, simply because they couldn't handle different takes and arguments, which quickely turned ResetEra into one of the most obnoxious echo-chambers on the internet.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Confession time. When GAF was in flux I made an account at RE. I still have it although I never go there (different user name). Should I feel bad that my membership probabaly added to the sales figure???

How...how could you?
You told me you love Gaf, how could you do that to us?

Did you just call me a stupid piece of shit in all caps? What are you? 12 years old?

I’m not anti vax, I’m not a right winger and yet I understand that I live in the real world where people who are exist. I can go around calling them stupid pieces of shit or learn to co exist.

You are everything that’s wrong with era. You want to live in a bubble. You got your bubble in era and you hated it. You hate this place because it has people who have a different world view. You hate everyone because you don’t fit in anywhere.

And you don’t fit in anywhere because you are a sad loser. No one likes you. No one will ever accept you. You’re a delusional fuck who thinks everyone must think like you when literally half the country is anti vax and leans right. Go back to nazi era with other angry losers who have not learned basic human skills like empathy, compassion and understanding. You are angry and alone. Its why there is new a suicide thread there every week. You people have not learned to no exist with your own family and friends. You have no one. You are a generation of angry losers.
This post reads like a cry for help.

Not being vaccinated puts others in danger, fuckwad. People can die because of your stupid, selfish decision. It's a needle in your arm for half a second. Not getting a vaccine because of "personal reasons" is precisely what you're trying to describe: not being able to live in society.

Everything you just mentioned about me probably relates more to you then to be. I recommend you get help.

cr0w

Old Member

If it's just him, he just made $4.5M off the sale + 4 years worth of annual profits. The $700k is really $560k before EBITA (80%). After paying corporate tax, it's still probably $400k-ish. Of course he didnt make that year one getting Reee up and running, but safe to say in 4 years, his net profit in 4 years total is still somewhere over $1M.

And this guy is supposed to be gaming's gift to forums. The guy is pure profiteering like everyone else.

Sole owner. This really is an impressive grift.

Alebrije

Surely selling the forum was a difficult decision

crying-wiping-tears-with-money.gif

killatopak

Gold Member
I made like a bunch of them though only ever used one account consistently. I just made them to make a point. During the registration phase of era, I told Morrigan on the Souls discord that you could bypass using non-free emails by using protonmail.

It’s a dark past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom