• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

They seem to be having stability issues and/or straight network errors (404) throughout the day
apNBopB_460s.jpg

nush

You can now criticize Ghostbusters 2016 on Resetera without being banned for being a misogynist alt right incel. Some members are still hedge betting being afraid of a ban though.

How about that...

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
That's not true for everywhere. People are definitely not "lining up for grocery jobs" where I live and most barely make over minimum wage. Only people who make decent money are specialty services like meat, seafood, kitchen, and manager positions.

Yea, in my experience it depends upon the state and the local UFCW. In my area (collection of seven cities typically grouped together), grocery jobs only start at $11 - $12.50 / hour. In my city that's barely enough to live off of as a single person, we're talking studio apartment in the worst "get yo ass clapped" section of town eating ramen noodles and/or rice and fast food as the majority of your diet. Meanwhile the non-union Costco starts at $17 / hr. That extra $9k a year would be life changing for grocery workers here.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Someone got banned for saying mean things about Elon Musk. Would that have happened 2 months ago?

xbv5rCO.png

xGPf0dL.png

qYpVPk2.png

ZiuiUXq.png

Gj09x4E.png

Ionian

nush nush yup it's literally that, popular on Twitch. Taken from a YouTube video as an emiticon from some YouTube video.

As for those Era posts, site really is becoming self aware. No way in hell that dude deserved a ban for pointing out the obvious. You don't get rich helping the poor. Mother Theresa was a monster by all accounts after her death.

Got fast-tracked to being a saint after her death by the pope.

Last edited:

Ionian

Actually looked up Kripparian after seeing it, yup he's still going. Dude made enough to buy a massive house streaming Heartstone and he hit legend once?

At least when I looked, smarmy (clever) bastard. He was getting so many donations at one stage he'd let them build up and then sound bored reading out the donators. Didn't stop them donating and the chat was completely unreadable with 'pog-champ', I used to have to turn it off.

Side note: had Legendary players PM me and bitch after beating them. I simply took the piss out of them, drove them wild. Once a dude I beat was rematched with me and I destroyed him, he went bloody mental. Accused me of cheating for using an old deck. I just hadn't updated since the expansion, got sick of having to do it, what a noob.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Actually looked up Kripparian after seeing it, yup he's still going. Dude made enough to buy a massive house streaming Heartstone and he hit legend once?

At least when I looked, smarmy (clever) bastard. He was getting so many donations at one stage he'd let them build up and then sound bored reading out the donators. Didn't stop them donating and the chat was completely unreadable with 'pog-champ', I used to have to turn it off.

Side note: had Legendary players PM me and bitch after beating them. I simply took the piss out of them, drove them wild. Once a dude I beat was rematched with me and I destroyed him, he went bloody mental. Accused me of cheating for using an old deck. I just hadn't updated since the expansion, got sick of having to do it, what a noob.
That's fire, I mean poggers. Low-key embarrassed AFRN.

Ionian

That's fire, I mean poggers. Low-key embarrassed AFRN.

Funnily enough I was a fire Mage back in the day. Even funnier is I quit WoW after the Arthas raid and quit Heartstone the same time a Death Knight was introduced.

Was pure conindence though, just got bored and had other shit to do. The Deathknights are awesome as lore, fuck the seasonal grinding though.

Anyone wanna buy a legacy Blizzard account? Got all the games up to D3 and WLOD. I'm joking of course. Probably worth nothing. Did think about selling it to one of those dodgy websites when I was doing well, but thought better. I'd sooner retire it, just not worth the hassle.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Funnily enough I was a fire Mage back in the day. Even funnier is I quit WoW after the Arthas raid and quit Heartstone the same time a Death Knight was introduced.

Was pure conindence though, just got bored and had other shit to do. The Deathknights are awesome as lore, fuck the seasonal grinding though.

Anyone wanna buy a legacy Blizzard account? Got all the games up to D3 and WLOD. I'm joking of course. Probably worth nothing. Did think about selling it to one of those dodgy websites when I was doing well, but thought better. I'd sooner retire it, just not worth the hassle.
I don't speak WOW so most of this is over my head lol. But I did a 5 year soul-crushing grind on WHM in FFXI back in the day so I know those feels.

Ionian

Era is mostly full of woke and crazy idiots. I still remember their dramatic shitpost exit from GAF. Good riddance.

Delicious Schadenfreude now that someone profited immensely from their foolishness.

Was obvious from the start.

I applaud the use of "Schadenfreude" as it sums it up completely.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Another day, another user banned from ree for no discernible reason with a word salad message and no mod having to explain themselves.

And it's both sad and funny to watch the users sheepishly tip-toe around on eggshells merely pointing that out. I've said it before, will say it again, my God how weak does a person have to be to keep posting there and be willingly bullied by their asshole mods. It makes no sense.

Last edited:

Ionian

They all work for free except the programmer.

Thought every admin was, this just keeps getting better. Like Justin Timberlake "I'm lovin' it".

I wonder what Slayven thinks?

'I went to the store' mumbles.

And I was trying to buy *mumbles incoherantly*

Forgets what's he's talking about. That's your mod Era lurkers.

Last edited:

Majukun

Someone got banned for saying mean things about Elon Musk. Would that have happened 2 months ago?

xbv5rCO.png

xGPf0dL.png

qYpVPk2.png

ZiuiUXq.png

Gj09x4E.png

strangely enough, back when i was a chief mod in a videogame forum that kind of thread would have been closed immediately (mostly because at best inflammatory) but the user would have not suffered anything more than a slap on the wrist...

Out of all the Retardera mods, Morgana is one of the worst

It would be funny to see if this changes things over there for the positive and seeing the posters over there get salty lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom