• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven117

Gold Member
I, for one, am glad the mods here are letting this thread go a bit.

Its cathartic to discuss some of these crazy positions that ResetEra (which is representative of more than just ResetEra, but some of the far out crazies at large) takes.

Kind of a reminder that not everyone out there has completely lost the plot.

Ionian

I, for one, am glad the mods here are letting this thread go a bit.

Its cathartic to discuss some of these crazy positions that ResetEra (which is representative of more than just ResetEra, but some of the far out crazies at large) takes.

Kind of a reminder that not everyone out there has completely lost the plot.

Even better is some users still continually read here, might wake some people up to whats going on. Has happened before when people step away. Good for their own mental health if anything else.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
red-dwarf.gif

Last edited:
Thanks to the admin here for approving my account.

Been a lurker to neogaf since around 2008. The Era nutjobs splintering and forming there own safe space was the best thing to happen to neogaf. Sure it was quiet here for a while but I couldn't even face lurking Era after a few months as the amount of hypocrisy and heavy handed moderation to anyone who doesn't follow the group think boiled my piss.

Glad to see GAF is back to being about the games.

Last edited:

Ionian

Any major update from the past week? I wasn't on much and it's a busy thread 😂

A mod stepped down and people are going at each others throats. B-Dubs keeps coming in to calm members leaving and is ignored.

Mods are extremely quiet now. Less grudges/bans.

"No change" according to him. Hell yeah there's a change but nothing worth looking at. Think the mods were all told to shut up. Speculation though on my part.

And him now in charge, something wonderful about that considering he is massively failing. He won't be paid for much longer.

ManaByte

Thanks to the admin here for approving my account.

Been a lurker to neogaf since around 2008. The Era nutjobs splintering and forming there own safe space was the best thing to happen to neogaf. Sure it was quiet here for a while but I couldn't even face lurking Era after a few months as the amount of hypocrisy and heavy handed moderation to anyone who doesn't follow the group think boiled my piss.

Glad to see GAF is back to being about the games.
party GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
A mod stepped down and people are going at each others throats. B-Dubs keeps coming in to calm members leaving and is ignored.

Mods are extremely quiet now. Less grudges/bans.

"No change" according to him. Hell yeah there's a change but nothing worth looking at. Think the mods were all told to shut up. Speculation though on my part.

And him now in charge, something wonderful about that considering he is massively failing. He won't be paid for much longer.
Which mod stepped down? Havent kept up whats going o there too.

Ionian

Which mod stepped down? Havent kept up whats going o there too.

I'd like to know too. I went and started to browse to look for the thread(s) but quickly remembered how much I hated even browsing there.

Was Morrigan, probably the only Female member left. No idea why but was just after the sale. She was very ban heavy and abusive with her powers so probably freaked out with the changeover. First mod I noticed leaving. (don't Google her pic, trust me. She looks nothing like the char and you'll be dissapointed).

EDIT: Still shitposting after though. Nice work B-Dubs!

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Was Morrigan, probably the only Female member left. No idea why but was just after the sale. She was very ban heavy and abusive with her powers so probably freaked out with the changeover. First mod I noticed leaving. (don't Google her pic, trust me. She looks nothing like the char and you'll be dissapointed).
Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

nush

Gold Member

Your timeline is off, she left just before the sale. Then missed out on being in the know, with obvious regret she tried inserting herself into the conversation by calling a black poster a cracker. Chaos ensued.

Ionian

Ah I wasn't joking about genders. Her and Nepenthe are both female and never stopped to remind people, they just look 'special'. Morrigan is hated by a previous forum she modded, Nepenthe just hates white people and won't hand them their change when serving them in a supermarket. Even if she did care, I doubt anyone else would care. Didn't see a post for Morrigan anyway, just noticed the 'mod' tag gone.

Ionian

Your timeline is off, she left just before the sale. Then missed out on being in the know, with obvious regret she tried inserting herself into the conversation by calling a black poster a cracker. Chaos ensued.

Haha, holy fook. Only noticed today. White woman calls a black man a 'cracker'. She's not even American. Never saw that post, just noticed the tag missing.

Honestly didn't know she was already gone but that is seriously funny. I'm not up on the lore as much as you. :D

Last edited:
I just want to check in a say, wow this thread has 8k replies?!

I started in here when it was gaming-age forum. Anyway got banned so many fucking times in reset's asia threads and china threads. What an idiot i was rereg 5,6 times.

Nowadays I am mostly back in somethingawful and in new reddit subs. Don't have time to read all the drama but just to drop in and say hi.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I just want to check in a say, wow this thread has 8k replies?!

I started in here when it was gaming-age forum. Anyway got banned so many fucking times in reset's asia threads and china threads. What an idiot i was rereg 5,6 times.

Nowadays I am mostly back in somethingawful and in new reddit subs. Don't have time to read all the drama but just to drop in and say hi.
awkward makeup GIF

There have been posts in this topic, yet I have not been getting any notifications sent to my email for new posts? I checked all my settings and everything is the same so this is weird.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

That weird kendo pic? Was she the one who looked like a prisoner of war forced to fight for her next meal, or the Karen turned Stevie Nix cosplayer? I'm inclined to think the latter, based on the quality of posts, but I've been wrong before.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
She made it sounded like the previous owner didn't care about profit lol.
LOL. At least MOBA is open about it and if the company does well and the shares rise, all shareholders rise with the tide. No different than another stock. Everyone wins.

Owners like Cerium controlled the coffers the entire time, yet Pau didnt seem to give a shit one guy hoarded it all.

Goes to show how fucked up their thinking is.

I just looked at the Era thread for the Crenshaw-Noah interview, and people are doing memes based on a comment from some pro 9/11 guy? What in the actual fuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom