• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for him, if owning that place is impacting his health I would sell as well. Nothing is worth that. Plus they (mods and members) drove a lot of communities away there so it’s not really what it set out to be anyway.

I expect a influx of people coming here, as long as they leave their pettiness at the door I’m ok with that too

Ezquimacore

Banned
I'm still perm banned on their forum for posting on the transgender thread. My best mate transitioned to being a woman, and she wanted to post on there from her POV about how she just wants to be accepted as being normal - like everyone else - and not to carry the transexual banner over her head wherever she goes, otherwise what was the point in transitioning.

I was banned by the mods as being transphobic - which I am in no way transphobic, neither was the post. They made it a 2 week ban, then extended it to a month before "reviewing" it and making it permanent. No right to discuss it. Nothing - just a ban.

Much nicer place here :)
Don't get too comfy, here can be brutal too. But definitely less extreme than resetera.

Flutta

Banned
team america vomit GIF

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Check early Resetera posts from me about how I tried to fund the site and they just ignored me completely. I knew this sale was always coming. I tried yelling about it at the start and they locked my thread.

I was banned from there a month and half ago because i quoted someone that said Sony didn't have much games during the past 12 months. I only answered "look at Nintendo and MS. Sony are doing just fine".
They thought it was a dig at both Nintendo and MS when what i meant was that they were more or less equal for the past 12 months.

That was enough for a month ban, lmao.

Eventually got tired of reviewing every single post i was writing with fear of being misunderstood and left.

But there's a weird irony about the fact that such an anti-corporations place was owned by a single person, that decides to sell it for 4.5M dollars and announces that in the middle of the night with a single post and leaves for good, lmao.

Nickolaidas

Banned
Expect an influx of bright colored poisonous toads hopping their way over here.
I think they'll just pull an ERA on ERA.

Most of them would rather be forum-less for a week rather than coming back to what they consider a hive of scumm and villainy.

A few more level-headed people may come here, but they'll leave once they realize this place re-posts leaks and news, rather than post them.

Cerium is actually one of the greatest modern con artists we have ever seen.

• Brand it as a new beginning with a less strict approach to moderation which was kept for a few months then slowly devolved over time to even stricter moderation and echo chambers.
Like, I almost have to respect this level of hustle.
This place was fucking horrible. Basically moderators were power tripping cunts who banned anyone for any 'created' microaggression that was flavour of the month. Don't want to be mature and enlightened enough to acknowledge a guy with a cock and a moustache is a woman? Enjoy your hate filled opinions elsewhere and along come 40+ members agreeing the poster should be banned, gloating in the circle jerk. Banned. Commence the witch hunt. Anyone slightly agree with that persons different perspective? Banned. "Probably a Trump supporter"
That was the condoned and promoted norm here. This wasn't school kids, this was the operation and reputation of the place, all was fine until heaps of lunatics left to ResetEra.

I'll get banned but it is what it is.
EvilOre was a complete cunt too. He just got screwed by the woke tactics he agreed was fine on here for years until it was pointed his direction. Suddenly witch hunts aren't ok. Then tries to do the right thing and go over the wrong-think bans years later. lolz

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
This place was fucking horrible. Basically moderators were power tripping cunts who banned anyone for any 'created' microaggression that was flavour of the month. Don't want to be mature and enlightened enough to acknowledge a guy with a cock and a moustache is a woman? Enjoy your hate filled opinions elsewhere and along come 40+ members agreeing the poster should be banned, gloating in the circle jerk. Banned. Commence the witch hunt. Anyone slightly agree with that persons different perspective? Banned. "Probably a Trump supporter"
That was the condoned and promoted norm here. This wasn't school kids, this was the operation and reputation of the place, all was fine until heaps of lunatics left to ResetEra.

EvilOre was a complete cunt too. He just got screwed by the woke tactics he agreed was fine on here for years until it was pointed his direction. Suddenly witch hunts aren't ok. Then tries to do the right thing and go over the wrong-think bans years later. lolz
Hello alt. You've been here a year but know so much. Strange.

DarkestHour

Banned

You won't get banned because Neo is nothing like what you're talking about. All those crazy fuck mods went to ResetERA.

Javthusiast

Banned
I always assumed it was voluntary too. Maybe that changes depending on how active a forum is etc.

Let's be honest nobody anywhere on the internet is paying mods. Not on forums, not on Reddit and not on twitch. All them millionaire streamers with 50+k views per stream don't pay their mods shit trying to manage those cesspool chats.

Starfield

Let's be honest nobody anywhere on the internet is paying mods. Not on forums, not on Reddit and not on twitch. All them millionaire streamers with 50+k views per stream don't pay their mods shit trying to manage those cesspool chats.
i think some twitch channels do pay their moderators since you need to have a pretty sophisticated moderating team for the bigger ones

Draugoth

Gold Member
i think some twitch channels do pay their moderators since you need to have a pretty sophisticated moderating team for the bigger ones
Official Gaming Streaming Channels for sure.

But the only payment free internet janitors get is the illusion of power, they get to do anything they want inside the respective website but that`s all.

I don't think a new internet forum is going to come up, not in 2021. This isn't 2005 anymore and discourse on its whole has changed. People who actually care about gaming have moved on into developing their own games, creating content on YouTube and simply talking among themselves on Twitter.

And it's not like this place is good either, with all its right-wingers, antivaxxers and fearmongers. I've lost count on how many times I've seen China mentioned as a big baddy as if the United States isn't the bane of the civilized world. For some reason talking politics is forbidden as long as you don't question ultranationalist propaganda.

The thing, after a few many years going to these places and seeing them all the same, you realize none of these places are meant for anything productive other than shooting the shit. So that will be.

ManaByte

What are you talking about?

It's old shit that popped up in the old Era thread all the time. When he was in school he and a friend harassed a gay teacher with slurs. The teacher went and filed a complaint against it, and the judge ruled in favor of the teacher; proving the complaints were true. They passed it off as false rumors and innuendo when it came up over there, ignoring that the teacher won his case.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I don't think a new internet forum is going to come up, not in 2021. This isn't 2005 anymore and discourse on its whole has changed. People who actually care about gaming have moved on into developing their own games, creating content on YouTube and simply talking among themselves on Twitter.

And it's not like this place is good either, with all its right-wingers, antivaxxers and fearmongers. I've lost count on how many times I've seen China mentioned as a big baddy as if the United States isn't the bane of the civilized world. For some reason talking politics is forbidden as long as you don't question ultranationalist propaganda.

The thing, after a few many years going to these places and seeing them all the same, you realize none of these places are meant for anything productive other than shooting the shit. So that will be.
Oh noes! Right wingers! The humanity! Fuck out of here.

Swift_Star

Banned
I was banned from there a month and half ago because i quoted someone that said Sony didn't have much games during the past 12 months. I only answered "look at Nintendo and MS. Sony are doing just fine".
They thought it was a dig at both Nintendo and MS when what i meant was that they were more or less equal for the past 12 months.

That was enough for a month ban, lmao.

Eventually got tired of reviewing every single post i was writing with fear of being misunderstood and left.

But there's a weird irony about the fact that such an anti-corporations place was owned by a single person, that decides to sell it for 4.5M dollars and announces that in the middle of the night with a single post and leaves for good, lmao.
Thats where you failed to understand resetera. They're corporate bootlickers, you can't say bad things about any corp whatsoever. They LOVE companies to hell.

Salz01

That site is total trash. Always has been. Only good thing about it, is that some insiders post there, but most of the time they are even wrong or give misinformation. Whats more annoying is the copy and paste threads from both forums. I’m sure threads get started here and then shortly started over there and vice versa. In the end it works out so I can just stay here.

Starfield

That site is total trash. Always has been. Only good thing about it, is that some insiders post there, but most of the time they are even wrong or give misinformation. Whats more annoying is the copy and paste threads from both forums. I’m sure threads get started here and then shortly started over there and vice versa. In the end it works out so I can just stay here.
yes. Resetera leakers bad leakers. NeoGAF leakers good leakers

5Jjbn5R.png

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
See? I told you. This is what internet forums are all about. Making people irate!

But yeah, right-wingers are the fucking worst and no amount of "bu-bu-but no politics!" will change that.

Fun thing - now nobody can tell me to go to ERA cause both places are shit!
Enjoy going back to twitter.

Swift_Star

Banned
Ah…. Activision, CDPR?
Two companies that did stuff against what they believe but all in all, they love companies. I was banned for saying I didn't like Apple, FFS. You can't say bad things about companies they like. What's worse: a lot of people there get extremely angry and triggered if you bad mouth a company they like. It's weird.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I sincerelly hope this turn that dementorium of the scum living pedos into a proper decent place for normal people.

But seriously...no way I would believe that a forum full of mentally ill and degenerare people is worth that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom