• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
rqvbQGz.jpg

Umm, kinda shady org tbh. But good for whoever is the owner of it. In the end, even the leftists love the sweet $$$.

Last edited:

GymWolf

The thoughts of eyeball_kid on resetera.

"But. What should have happened was Cerium allowing the community to own and run the site collectively. Probably still could have turned a good profit, and done right by the community. And honestly that's what should have been done to begin with if it was to truly be a "reset", instead of just another dude getting rich off the backs of the value the community and mods were creating. At the very least this kind of decision should have been discussed with the community first. The way this was handled reminds me of the slashdot sale back in the day."

Yeah, right. As if you'd turn down 4.5 million to do right by the community.
They need to rename that topic in"sweet summer childs reunion".

Blackage

I honestly just respect the overall hustle of what has transpired here. Dude took advantage of the blow-up that occurred here, turned it into a website built off of the anger of the former members. Put people in charge to moderate the website without paying them(Outside I guess of any engineers he had working on the actual site?) and let it build for 4ish years with minimal involvement then sold it for a massive payday.

It's textbook good business, I wonder what his starting investment/operating costs were.

Edit: For those of you around since the olden days, were there other Neogaf copycat sites during "the incident" or was ResetEra the only place people had to go?

Last edited:

Holammer

Woke grifter leader-board has just been updated

1. Ceruim
2. Anita Sarkeesian
3. Zoe Quinn
4. Jason Schreier
5. Goodbye Volcano High dev team
6. Any corporation woke month
Literally Wu is curiously missing from the list.
A hack that managed to milk GamerGate and still milks it for all its worth.

Jsisto

I admit I still lurk there often, there’s still genuinely good conversations at times in the gaming side. But overall the place is a toxic dumpster fire of infighting and purity tests. I’ve seen so many legitimately well meaning people who didn’t follow the script to a tee get banned regularly. Now I consider myself an incredibly left leaning person on nearly all issues, but the worst of the worst over there are absolutely unbearable. Just perpetually dissatisfied people who are basically living embodiments of the worst “SJW” stereotypes. It’s a real shame.

I admit I still lurk there often, there’s still genuinely good conversations at times in the gaming side. But overall the place is a toxic dumpster fire of infighting and purity tests. I’ve seen so many legitimately well meaning people who didn’t follow the script to a tee get banned regularly. Now I consider myself an incredibly left leaning person on nearly all issues, but the worst of the worst over there are absolutely unbearable. Just perpetually dissatisfied people who are basically living embodiments of the worst “SJW” stereotypes. It’s a real shame.
I've been there for the sales threads. But they don't exist anymore, so now I don't go there. Miraculously I haven't been banned there. I rarely post tbh.

Portugeezer

Edit: For those of you around since the olden days, were there other Neogaf copycat sites during "the incident" or was ResetEra the only place people had to go?
It was just Era.

Looking back, I am pretty sure the whole GAF/EviLore drama was pre-planned and orchestrated by a few prominent posters with this intention.

It worked and some posters over reacted and succumbed to the drama (who would have thought!?!).

*Nightwing

So when MOBA opens up the floodgates for user account creation to drive more traffic + become a dupsterfire of trolling since outrage drives more traffic than safe spaces............ Era members gonna be as salty as the Cerium is right now knowing he could never get as high a cash offer for Era as was offered to Evilore for GAF despite trying? Gotta be rough for his ego especially when factoring in inflation for him knowing with financial proof Era will never be as good as GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom