• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem , thank you so much! Honestly made my day. I really appreciate it!

Glad something too small has made your day! All the best.

imacelebrityau GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Whats shocking to me is how slow they have grown over the last four years. I remember they were around 37,000 users right after the exodus from gaf. That was their starting line. It soon grew to 45k within a few months, but since then they have only added 9,000 new users. thats 9k in almost 4 years. or 2k new users a year.

Who the hell sees that kind of stunted growth and thinks I want a piece of that?

And Im pretty sure they include perma banned users in that count.

kyussman

Hopefully this will mean a secure future for the site......it's only right that the mentally ill have a place to get together and shoot the shit without having to bother the rest of us.

ManaByte

Whats shocking to me is how slow they have grown over the last four years. I remember they were around 37,000 users right after the exodus from gaf. That was their starting line. It soon grew to 45k within a few months, but since then they have only added 9,000 new users. thats 9k in almost 4 years. or 2k new users a year.

Who the hell sees that kind of stunted growth and thinks I want a piece of that?

And Im pretty sure they include perma banned users in that count.

Again, these companies buy based on traffic (pageviews) and the value of the URL.

TheMan

So when MOBA opens up the floodgates for user accounts I creation to drive more traffic + become a dupsterfire of trolling since outrage drives more traffic than safe spaces............ Era members gonna be as salty as the Cerium is right now knowing he could never get as high a cash offer for Era as was offered to Evilore for GAF despite trying? Gotta be rough for his ego especially when factoring in inflation for him knowing with financial proof Era will never be as good as GAF
To be fair, forums are kind of a dying thing in 2021 compared to GAF’s heyday. Resetera could have been the best run site in the universe and still wouldn’t be as prominent as GAf was.

That said I would love to hear Evilore’s take on all this. And how much was GAF worth at it’s peak?

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Who would have thought that creating smaller and more insular identity based groups would be harmful to a shared interest communiy?

I must say I am crestfallen at this development. It's destroyed my faith in everything.

Last edited:

Sakura

Mods over there managed to nuke Media Create Sales threads - a tradition going on for about 15 years - by pissing off Chris and other members with, what else, unwarranted bans.

Here's the readers' digest version: https://mobile.twitter.com/i/events/1444796077677465605

It's an epic read that gets more juicy with every new twist. I love when someone was brave enough to call out the mods on their shit and produced evidence of their bad faith arguments via screenshots of Discord messages.
In the light of these events, Morrigan resigned as a mod, too.
This was highly entertaining to read.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No doubt MOBA Network will want some of their users to sign up to Reeee to make the site bigger.

Have fun MOBA gamers. MOBA's sites focus on competitive online games which everyone knows can be loud. Cant wait for them to be banned en masse.

Or, MOBA will ditch the mods and change the way the site works so it leans to its gamer base.

fart town usa

Gold Member
What the hell is it with people placing moderation as their be end all when determining what forum they want to frequent? That just strikes me as pathetic as you can get. We're talking about videogames for God's sake, lol.

I can understand not wanting bots and spammers but what's wrong with having a few outlandish statements and dumb flame wars here and there? That's how legends are born.

Maybe I'm just completely ignorant to the amount of moderating that happens on GAF but this place seems pretty chill. I don't really see unmoderated madness in the threads I read and post in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom