• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
lDOs4Tu.jpg

XZfyYQI.jpg

TheMan

I don't know if it's true or not, but the story goes they had the forum ready to go because they wanted a safe space for discussion of a certain gaming company that they felt they couldn't get on GAF (like all the Era splinter forums now), and they planned and orchestrated the whole thing to intentionally implode the forum and get all of the users on their place. That's why all the discords were setup to move communities over and the leaders of those rewarded as "Community Resettler".
Purposefully orchestrating these accusations against Evilore, if true, is the worst part. Especially if the motive was to create a video game forum of all things

clem84

Gold Member
I kinda wish EviLore would create an account there, call himself GooDore, take a picture with a fake mustache and announce, that he is going to create a new gaming forum for everyone to join who doesn't want to support ResetEra anymore.
Do you have any idea how difficult it is to create an account there? It took me a week, multiple rejected attempts, to finally get in. They have trust issues. Not sure why I went through all this trouble, I've posted 4 or 5 times since joining 6 months ago.

y'know i think i still have my account there (if they haven't banned me). yeah i admit i signed up there before coming here. i might go over and have a bit of fun with them :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

GeorgPrime

Banned
I understand if you want to lock this thread, mods/Evilore.

It's interesting news though.

M.O.B.A. Network acquires ResetEra.com - one of the world's largest gaming forums​

M.O.B.A. Network has today acquired ResetEra.com, one of the world's largest gaming forum and community brands, which has great growth potential. With the acquisition, M.O.B.A. Network's portfolio expands its reach globally with approximately 60 million page views per month.

ResetEra.com was founded in 2017 and has grown rapidly with a committed audience. Sales in the last twelve months (up to and including 31 August) amounted to approximately USD 700,000 with an EBITDA margin of approximately 80%. The purchase price amounts to USD 4.55 million and will be paid in cash in two tranches, where USD 3.55 million has been paid upon closing, and USD 1 million will be paid by 31 December 2021.

ResetEra.com's revenue is generated through ads and member subscriptions. M.O.B.A. Network sees significant opportunities to increase advertising revenue through a higher share of direct sales, implementation of new ad formats, and a long-term product development strategy. M.O.B.A. Network, therefore, estimates that ResetEra.com can grow sales significantly in 2022 while maintaining an EBITDA margin.

With ResetEra.com, M.O.B.A. Network gets a strong, global community brand and access to a very active discussion forum with over 45 million forum posts and about 55,000 members. The discussion topics on ResetEra.com are broad and cover all kinds of games and platforms such as consoles, PC, and mobile games, which expands the M.O.B.A. Network's position in the gaming industry. ResetEra.com's core values are "inclusivity and diversity," and the community sets high demands for approving membership. The core values and the high membership requirements are also essential to M.O.B.A. Network.

The operational team that runs ResetEra will continue to moderate and engage with the community and work with M.O.B.A. Network on future product development.

"We are very excited and proud to welcome ResetEra.com - one of the world's largest gaming forum and community brands - to our growing number of brands," said Björn Mannerqvist, CEO of M.O.B.A. Network. "ResetEra.com has great growth potential, and we see significant opportunities to develop ResetEra.com, continue to grow traffic flows, improve the sales development and extract synergies within the M.O.B.A. Group."

"ResetEra.com is another step in our strategy to grow through acquisitions and create more relevant communities with attractive, growing target groups that many companies want to expose themselves to," said Björn Mannerqvist.

Source: cision

s60orek.png

I just came home and dived into it and iam already pissing myself laughing and the sad truth about it.... "Someone on Resetera may find this sexy"

FunkMiller

Because JK Rowling revealed herself to be a trash human being. But it's stupid to ban Harry Potter conversations over this.

We don’t tend to regard someone making a calm and sensible argument for sex based rights and basic human biology to be a trash human being around here (whether we agree with them or not)… but you do you, I guess.

Last edited:
The funnist shit is Slayven and Nepenthe "volunteering" for The White Man. Those people are insane and their hate for white people is disgusting and palpable, and of course completely accepted on Era. Instan ban if you question it.

They should look up their new "employer". He looks like everything they hate, lmao.
The latter's been posting some wild shit in the Smash Bros. threads. TBF, that's mostly been Neoxon's thing, but it's hilarious they've so pissed at a kid's game* doesn't have enough black people in it. I'm pretty sure the Smash FGC, including the black players, aren't obsessively upset or angry about that, they just want cool characters. And yes, Rodan would be a cool character to add in (Twintelle too 'cuz she's thicc), but don't go around trying to force the creators to add them in out of some dumb representation mandate.

I mean most of the Smash cast are literal furry creatures and animals, there aren't that many human characters as-is. Then there was the Shang-Chi/Awkwafina controversy stuff (tbf I don't give two shits for her or Simu) with some Asian posters being told to STFU, ironically by some black posters (tho it wasn't just them). It was like a circus of hilarity, also crazy some of the posters (probably Asian) basically bootlicking mega-conglomerate Disney telling people to still watch the film for more representation in Marvel films. Guess they never learned about irony :/.

*as in a game that kids can safely play

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Schadenfreude is a helluva drug.

BaKht5N.jpg
Hahaha. I love the bottom post. Looks like spootime is one of those people who looks at Michael Moore (fat, sloppy guy who wears track pants and dirty baseball cap) and thinks he's a dead broke celeb. Well look at that. The guy actually has I think 8 houses and an uber millionaire from making those dirt cheap documentaries that make good money.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I'm kind of worried about an exodus tbh. I don't want these bullies to come back over here.
Don’t worry too much. If they come back here, they will be treated like everyone else. I’d they can’t discuss like an adult, they will be dealt with accordingly.

And seeing how they write/post over there, you can get a good idea of what would end up happening.

Last edited:

ViolentP

Don’t worry too much. If they come back here, they will be treated like everyone else. I’d they can’t discuss like an adult, they will be dealt with accordingly.

And seeing how many of them tend to write/post over there, you can get a good idea of what would end up happening.

They can't not out themselves.

blacktout

Can't wait for the right catalyst to trigger a noticeable walkout/exodus.

Honestly, all it's going to take is for one particularly bitter/vindictive person to comb through the other MOBA Network forums looking for "problematic" content that wasn't moderated according to ResetEra's aggressive (read: absurd) standards and to throw an opportunistic hissyfit, demanding that MN apply an Era-esque moderation policy company-wide, and then insist that the only "moral" choice is for people to abandon ship when MOBA Net's PR department offers a wish-washy (or even delayed) response.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

This just proves GAF was right about Cerium all along. It was debated over here that he just wanted a quick buck out of selling a forum. He founded Ree after instigating an exodus with others here and he finally got a good deal out of it.

They're being used. Besides, isn't the guy a convicted homophobe? I think he had to face charges for it. Its documented and can be found on the web. There is also some dude who was charged for groping, I think Stinkles who is a 343 employee.

That forum is is built on hypocricy.

Last edited:

DarkestHour

Banned
People are so weird about "their data".. as if an individual is worth jack shit, or their SPECIFIC data is being stared at by a human.

Work / legit email addresses are worth jack shit anyways as they tend to be behind strong spam firewalls.

They also think every company is in it "for the data"... which is dumb.. what data is useful from Resetera that can't be scraped by a web crawler?

They bought the site because the ad revenue is basically passive income as web sites are not difficult to maintain.
I hope those people don't ever use a web browser or cell phone for anything either.

Holammer

Honestly, all it's going to take is for one particularly bitter/vindictive person to comb through the other MOBA Network forums looking for "problematic" content that wasn't moderated accorded to ResetEra's aggressive (read: absurd) standards and to throw an opportunistic hissyfit, demanding that the company apply an Era-esque moderation policy company-wide, and then insist that the only "moral" choice is for people to abandon ship when MOBA Net's PR department offers a wish-washy (or even delayed) response.
That's the sort of stuff I expect, users cluttering threads with please ban me & Fuck Cerium posts. Moderators jumping ship and a general shit show. A bit of chaos.
Then imagine the look on MOBA's faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom