• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

As they all shouted dOwN wItH cApItAlIsM

The irony is too delicious!

Sad America GIF

Kacho

Gold Member
I remember that dudes creepy avatar. From like 10 years ago, must be a not so recent picture by now. Guess he still uses that to chat up 15 year old girls.
Dude used to post over at The Bore. Seems to have gone full ResetEra for some reason.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The more I think about it, the funnier it gets... :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Cerium was probably like: "Ah, goddamnit! I just can't take these assholes anymore !!!"

giphy.gif

E2p.gif

LOLMAO!
There is a positive from all this. Instead of people on Reeee calling him a sell out (which is is and surely laughing all the ay to the bank), they should learn from it.

Instead of being green haired and dead broke, follow his footsteps and learn how to make cash which is what good 'ol capitalism is all about.

He did. Good on him. He was basically an ambulance chaser in 2017 and got tons of people to follow. Now that he got he big payday, he's outta here.

LOL

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
It's getting a bit transphobic. I always supported trans sexuals like Caitlyn Jenner, who went trough surgery, therapy, hormone and still doesn't give a fuck about pronouns and doesn't want to commit suicide if someome doesn't use she and yet believes she's a transwoman. What I believe the majority is saying is that transgender people is where a man can wear a wig, call himself them/her, has no psychiatrist evaluation and we all have to accept their pronouns and says that transwomen are women and change our vocabulary for them or they'll cancel people. The vast majority are not transphobic to the transsexual people, as was JK Rowling.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Well if i remember correctly EviLore EviLore once mentioned that it was really weird that the Resetera site was pretty much ready to launch when the accusations happened...almost as if the people behind it knew whats was coming.

It was all grifting from the start. Now watch the corporation get rid of the problematic mods so they can promote games.

To be fair, it wouldn’t take too long to fire up a docker container on a droplet or vps somewhere, and then point a cheesy domain at it. The hard part would actually be all the graphics design/theming and creating all the roles and permissions and shit. In terms of overall forum structure, Cerium and his merry band of thieves would have just used GAF as a template.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

kiphalfton

Such strongly-opinionated people who die on their sword day after day are sellouts? Seems hypocritical.

All they did was ripoff NeoGAF's forum and make their own forum that literally looks exactly the same, but has a purple theme instead of orange.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
TO that post which screen capped that one member asking for receipts on the unjust bannings. To post and bait people into that is such BS because unjust bans have been happening there for such a long time just for respectfully disagreeing with things.

Now, there are those who day some dumb stuff and deserve it but that site has imploded and eroded so much to where you damn well know you can't say anything which disagrees with their beliefs.

That's not a forum or a fair and balanced place to be.

Internal politics and garbage aside, it's all so messed up.

I say this as someone who left here and should have thought for myself but many users who I liked and got along with moved and so I followed.

It's so apparent how the peak started and how the downward slide began just with how the world has changed. It slowly became the place I didn't want to be because it's so biased and slanted and now all this coming out of the owner and other things, how sweet the irony is.

I am just here to appreciate the fact that EviLore EviLore could have gotten this money (or more) years ago yet chose not to- to keep GAF what it was/is. What a legend!
On the other hand resetera people seem to have gotten rich by kinda usurping what he built, or at least that's how it seems to me a little.
EviLore EviLore is a legend in the eyes of those who live in the console field. That's why he has to handle this forum himself. How and where he makes it, well that's up to him. Now go! Let the legend grow bigger than life.

I think after this comment, I can troll everyone without being banned.

Last edited:

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
The funnist shit is Slayven and Nepenthe "volunteering" for The White Man. Those people are insane and their hate for white people is disgusting and palpable, and of course completely accepted on Era. Instan ban if you question it.

They should look up their new "employer". He looks like everything they hate, lmao.
Slayven better hope they don’t make mods interview to keep their jobs .. I heard a writing test is part of the interview

the other one better hope there is no sanity test involved

SkylineRKR

Don’t worry too much. If they come back here, they will be treated like everyone else. I’d they can’t discuss like an adult, they will be dealt with accordingly.

And seeing how they write/post over there, you can get a good idea of what would end up happening.

Yeah that should be good. The issue with old GAF was that they were also mods here, so they set the tone and we had to follow suit or be banned. Its easy enough to weed them out now though. GAF now has a majority of members who hate SJW crap so I doubt they will get a foothold anyway.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to create an account there? It took me a week, multiple rejected attempts, to finally get in. They have trust issues. Not sure why I went through all this trouble, I've posted 4 or 5 times since joining 6 months ago.
Well that’s all about to change, if they actually want growth potential. Ya, hate to see it /s

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
It's really bizarre to think the guy orchestrated this all along. I wish I were that smart.
He isn’t. He is just a rich kid who can pay others to think for him.

To be fair, it wouldn’t take too long to fire up a docker container on a droplet or vps somewhere, and then point a cheesy domain at it. The hard part would actually be all the graphics design/theming and creating all the roles and permissions and shit. In terms of overall forum structure, Cerium and his merry band of thieves would have just used GAF as a template.

Which is what they did. Lots of copy and pasting and chasing after GAF as we continued to improve. They didn’t have the brains to come up with these ideas before us.

near

Gold Member
It's really bizarre to think the guy orchestrated this all along. I wish I were that smart.

It was a coup, it always was. The way things unfolded was far too organised for it to not have been. But he was part of a team that enabled everything and sheep will be sheep.

Last edited:

Shouta

If being a mod was damaging to their psyche, they were doing something very, very wrong.

That's not a very fair assessment. Aeana did a lot of work good work for the community here back in the day and she got a lot of shit, on and off the forum, from a lot of awful people for pretty much nothing. There was a lot of trash people doing trash things then. It would definitely affect anyone at the volume some of them got it. Aeana didn't deserve any of that.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It was no secret that EviLore EviLore had a high 7 figure (at minimum) offer and refused to sell. This was known around the time it happened a decade or so ago. Cerium is a trust fund baby, living off daddy and connections, he has all the time in the world to take advantage of situations.

Well played, Cerium, show them larping commies you led along like a pied piper how capitalism works. Empty vessels are easily led astray when they operate primarily on false emotions, more often than not.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Someone should make a video about this with the Curb your Enthusiasm theme.

Create forum for the people by the people... admin runs off with 5 million after 4 years...

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
That's not a very fair assessment. Aeana did a lot of work good work for the community here back in the day and she got a lot of shit, on and off the forum, from a lot of awful people for pretty much nothing. There was a lot of trash people doing trash things then. It would definitely affect anyone at the volume some of them got it. Aeana didn't deserve any of that.

I agree with. Some of the mods back then got some serious abuse, and I recall some even claiming that they were receiving death threats.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This thread is so weird.

It’s business deal. Whats so argumentative about this, why is everyone jerking each other off.
In truth there's a lot of juicy details which personally I don't have time to even have kept up with but I am glad a lot of it is coming to light to show that The forum and question is not some hollowed ground that some people try to make it out to be. In hindsight it's all becoming clear especially now with the sale and a very opportunistic person capitalizing.

But to be fair you should also inform yourself if you want to take part in the conversation instead of wondering why this is fascinating to a lot of us who have personally been involved with previously being here to transitioning over there to seeing how things are played out. And as cliche it as it sounds I actually do care about being in a nice community where I can have adult conversation and people that are like-minded as far as technology and gaming because I think that's what the point of this form is. If I wanted to be on a form talking about erectile dysfunction or improper stool droppings then I'm going to Google that shit ASAP figuratively and literally.
Bboy AJ Bboy AJ remember this thread?
It's crazy to see how many people are banned there and actually they seeing myself in my ever optimist idiocy taking part in that stupidity. Unfortunately my request for account deletion didn't go through because I was banned for something stupidly petty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom