• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
unknown.png

96yJ5q9.jpg
Least Era users found their self worth.

This is going to be a Tumblr-Verizon situation all over again, I'm calling it.

In a year or two, MOBA's gonna sell ResetEra for 80-90% less than what they bought it for.

Blackage

Bboy AJ Bboy AJ remember this thread?
Even the mod that locked the thread is banned(Self-requested) geez.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
This is going to be a Tumblr-Verizon situation all over again, I'm calling it.

In a year or two, MOBA's gonna sell ResetEra for 80-90% less than what they bought it for.

This Cerium kid probably had to look very long to find someone dumb enough to buy his website. Doubt they can sell it at all.

SkylineRKR

That's not a very fair assessment. Aeana did a lot of work good work for the community here back in the day and she got a lot of shit, on and off the forum, from a lot of awful people for pretty much nothing. There was a lot of trash people doing trash things then. It would definitely affect anyone at the volume some of them got it. Aeana didn't deserve any of that.

I think she was good. I remember her from RPG topics. She knew a thing or 2 about them.

Shouta

I agree with. Some of the mods back then got some serious abuse, and I recall some even claiming that they were receiving death threats.

Even I got a bit of off-site shit when I was a mod and I tried to keep things separate. So yeah, it's awful.

I wouldn't recommend moderating (for anything) even if you were getting paid, if you at all care about the community you're covering. It's one thing when it's just a job and that's it but crossing the hobby and work streams is a definite mess in this area.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

lol he never posted indeed. But while he did a good job in the end (this was his goal all along, its now rather obvious), he also had the connections and funds to do so.

The guy cashed, bravo.

skybaby

What I believe the majority is saying is that transgender people is where a man can wear a wig, call himself them/her, has no psychiatrist evaluation and we all have to accept their pronouns and says that transwomen are women and change our vocabulary for them or they'll cancel people. The vast majority are not transphobic to the transsexual people, as was JK Rowling.
You're almost literally quoting JK lmao:

So I want trans women to be safe. At the same time, I do not want to make natal girls and women less safe. When you throw open the doors of bathrooms and changing rooms to any man who believes or feels he’s a woman – and, as I’ve said, gender confirmation certificates may now be granted without any need for surgery or hormones – then you open the door to any and all men who wish to come inside. That is the simple truth. On Saturday morning, I read that the Scottish government is proceeding with its controversial gender recognition plans, which will in effect mean that all a man needs to ‘become a woman’ is to say he’s one.
another:
Examples of so-called TERFs range from the mother of a gay child who was afraid their child wanted to transition to escape homophobic bullying, to a hitherto totally unfeminist older lady who’s vowed never to visit Marks & Spencer again because they’re allowing any man who says they identify as a woman into the women’s changing rooms.
read up: https://www.jkrowling.com/opinions/...ns-for-speaking-out-on-sex-and-gender-issues/

blacktout

Maybe a rich shitlord like Notch bought it (pennies for him) just so he could shut it down.

Honestly, it's better this way. If someone bought the site and killed it immediately, it would actually bolster community unity and you'd see the vast majority of the userbase migrate to ResetEra 2.0. This shit is going to sow so much discord and breed so much resentment and confusion that the community will burn down completely and/or splinter into dozens of tiny forums, none of which have a sustainably large audience. The grifters and ideologues are going to devour each other.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I am sure somewhere down the line folks like Kyuuji and Excelsiorlef are okay with being sold off and that the staff is still unpaid.

Heh, that part still gets me.

That the staff throughout all the turmoil they endured, they still did that for nothing but empty e-cred on a forum.

Morrigan just resigned recently, but she was a-okay with this.

Nepenthe is still there despite all this. Playing the victim role must be worth more than actual dough for these folks.*

* I am sure saying that may mean something discriminatory or racially-fueled in Nepenthe's mind.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Honestly, people who invested their time, emotions, and soul in ResetEra just got played at in the end. Like why did they even bother defending and pouring their hearts out into these communities only for them to be split apart (resulting in the creation of other smaller forums) and sold off by the owner who rarely made face to his own community.

This is the very evidence of blind worship without thinking at all.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I am sure somewhere down the line folks like Kyuuji and Excelsiorlef are okay with being sold off and that the staff is still unpaid.

Heh, that part still gets me.

That the staff throughout all the turmoil they endured, they still did that for nothing but empty e-cred on a forum.

Morrigan just resigned recently, but she was a-okay with this.

Nepenthe is still there despite all this. Playing the victim role must be worth more than actual dough for these folks.*

* I am sure saying that may mean something discriminatory or racially-fueled in Nepenthe's mind.
This Nepenthe idiot was in the discord now. I had no idea who he was but showed the same attitude and mentality as you're describing.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Honestly, people who invested their time, emotions, and soul in ResetEra just got played at in the end. Like why did they even bother defending and pouring their hearts out into these communities only for them to be split apart (resulting in the creation of other smaller forums) and sold off by the owner who rarely made face to his own community.

This is the very evidence of blind worship without thinking at all.
Because those low self esteem babies needed some kind of refugee gaming site. So they all followed their fearless millionaire leader to Reeee.

Instead of posting on a forum for fun (games, movie board, sports or stocks board), they took it whole to heart like part of the family thinking it's a site for do-gooders and anti-right.

Not surprisingly, they got sold out by the founder for uber bucks.

Now if they approached that site like any other (whomever controls it wants to make some cash out of it instead of being broke on it), they'd just accept it as is. I dont watch sports sites or Yahoo Finance stock boards like it's the mother teresa in stock message board posting. Yahoo does it so people can talk and use their site (with pay options) to track their investments and click on banners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom