• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Cerium became the sole owner years ago, the initial group ownership didn't last long.
That isn't what i was saying. There were Admins, and there was him.
It all sounds like a lot of money.. but someone said there are 45 moderators... a big forum is enough to make a small number of people a real income, not the dozens it takes to moderate.
The mods were unpaid. Cerium himself literally states this.

Cerium does not care that minories were depleted of funds, or cared about their concerns.
Uy50att.jpg

YzMVzGh.jpg
AJ literally had a thread in 2017 saying things like this. Sure lasted, haha

Shouta

That's honestly an interesting and insightful take. So you wouldn't advocate mods getting paid as lines blur at the seams of hobby and work. But by the same token wouldn't being paid as a moderate facilitate a better support system that also offers more stability? I'm pretty oblivious to how things operate as a moderator, but I also find it to be an interesting topic since it's been mentioned here and at resetera. The idea that a moderator should be paid sounds farfetched to me on a surface level because in most cases they're born through an existing community, but under the surface lies an entirely different story in terms of what they go through to maintain said community.

I'm not saying mod shouldn't be paid but that, for me personally, work and hobies clash too much in this situation for me to consider it a potential full time job.

I would generally agree that mods should be compensated in some form though as moderation tends to have a huge influence on shaping forums and similar places. That then helps growth, if the potential is there. I don't think the conversation should be about whether they're paid or not but rather how, when and to what extent should be the focus if it's actually possible.

MadPanda

Banned
I think some people over at ResetERA will come back to NeoGAF. Its just waiting to happen. Maybe they'll realise that this place here actually doesn't give a shit if you're trans, lgbt+, straight, gay or whatever else you wanna be. Everyone gets disrespected the same way.

From what I've seen noone here tries to make a big fuzz out of it. Everyone's here to discuss what matters, David Jaffe.

Two small corrections. You're welcome.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I think some people over at ResetERA will come back to NeoGAF. Its just waiting to happen. Maybe they'll realise that this place here actually doesn't give a shit if you're trans, lgbt+, straight, gay or whatever else you wanna be. Everyone gets respected the same way.

From what I've seen noone here tries to make a big fuzz out of it. Everyone's here to discuss what matters, Starfield.
If some come back, it might not be so bad. There's no politics section anymore anyway. And mods are efficient at warnings and ban hammers if people go ape shit or try to skirt around the warnings about console warring and no politics.

If they just stick to gaming or OT threads and cut out all the anti-right rhetoric, it should be ok.

If some come back, it might not be so bad. There's no politics section anymore anyway. And mods are efficient at warnings and ban hammers if people go ape shit or try to skirt around the warnings about console warring and no politics.

If they just stick to gaming or OT threads and cut out all the anti-right rhetoric, it should be ok.
Possible, but doubtful.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Thats correct. Its fucking stupid to ban harry potter as an entity though. I dont get why people cant seperate art from the artist. I still love hp and that world and can ackowledge that rowling is a bigot. Banning hogwarts legacy discussion full stop….smfh…
Now hold on a second jk rowling is a bigot for admiting men undergo surgery to be women are not real women? Now im curious are you from Era? I need to hear this story

Last edited:

I lurked here and there (also rllmuk) before abandoning even odd visits a few years ago.

I found era sapped my joy for gaming and was pure poison for the mind (and I am labour left of centre). To the point I don't appreciate that shit hole being mentioned here.

But I must say, this is the first era related joy I have felt in a long time. Absolutely fabulous.

The same could happen to any business or forum, but the way people went about needlessly shitting on this place and account suicides behaving like zealots makes this glorious.

If it was technically possible, I would build a big beautiful firewall and stop the lunatics returning.

Last edited:

artsi

This was a long time coming.
I never really left GAF, but I noticed that ERA's really not my favourite forum when I could not talk about a newly released blockbuster AAA game there.

Rat Rage

Anyone is welcome as long as he, she, it, they, whatever, is able to hold a well-mannered discussion with others (no name calling, no dog-pilling, no hysterical meltdowns, etc.)

Last edited:

Yoboman

Holy fucking shit they're actually saying that certain topic moderation wasn't leftist enough.

Exactly how much more left could they have gone?

I've noticed that with little to no moderation or censorship, forums tend to turn right wing. Just something I realized
I'll say this: most politically left wing people hate NeoGAF. They are an LGBTQ community and not much more

I and many others got banned for supporting Bernie in 2016 and 2020 again.

They think changing your dick to a pussy is the solution to all life's problems and if you have an opinion that differs from the CNN headline with an LGBTQ flag then you get banned

If you're on politics twitter you know the difference between leftists and liberals, and leftists are generally a lot more chilled and open to debate whereas the liberals that fill up Resetera are basically Karen's with mods instead of the police

GamingKaiju

HAHAHA !!

That place was awful when I got perm'd. I couldn't imagine it now but it must be really - awful.

Anyone is welcome as long as he, she, it, they, whatever, is able to hold a well-mannared discussion with others (no name calling, no dog-pilling, no hysterical meltdowns, etc.)
It's resetera. 55% post are outrage 20% are hysterical breakdowns, 13% are arguing about Trans issues in impossible terms, the other 12% are arguing about the lack of lgbtqtia++ representation in games/media

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Anyone is welcome as long as he, she, it, they, whatever, is able to hold a well-mannared discussion with others (no name calling, no dog-pilling, no hysterical meltdowns, etc.)
It's not the first time users have returned without issue after some Era crap. This is just another.

If some return, then let it be.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If you're on politics twitter you know the difference between leftists and liberals, and leftists are generally a lot more chilled and open to debate whereas the liberals that fill up Resetera are basically Karen's with mods instead of the police
Uhhh, not to go down this road, but I think you have the terms reversed.

Liberals, think 90's to early/mid 2000's Democrat, your Bill Mayer's and the like.

Leftists or pRoGrEsSiVeS are the fascist state loonies who pretend communism isn't another form of fascism with convoluted pseudo intellectual definitions to try and pRoVe tHeY aRe nOt tHe sAmE. Regardless on how much they try and "coopt" the word.

Last edited:
Also if you notice, even the splintered communities (MetaCouncil, XboxEra, SalesEra, etc.) aren’t as active and big compared to modern day GAF (which is admittedly much smaller than past GAF).
I remember xbox era was very active when I was lurking there early this year
Or maybe I'm wrong 😅

NickFire

I'm not sure how to copy a single post from there, but one of their administrator's wrote that he's positive the staff would push back heavy if the new owners tried changing the policy there. It's gonna be hysterical if the staff starts getting locked out of accounts the second push back starts.

TVexperto

Will Kiyyuuuu get anything for being responsible for the banning of 100s of people after he hated on cyberpunk and played it before release?

Brigandier

I got banned last week at that shitty forum for calling out some major clowns who wanted a Nintendo employee fired, cancelled, never buying a Nintendo product again crowd etc over a twitter post of a silly picture that was mildly inappropriate....

What an incredibly odd backwards place, Vast majority of the posters there only seem to care about problems that are just not there or that they create themselves due to how unstable and fragile their minds are.

It's such a toxic environment full of negativity and witch hunts small and large, The JK Rowling and HP ban is fucking ridiculous it really is embarrassing how grown up lgbtq+?! /:'*" they thems behave.

Hope they don't come back here fuck off elsewhere.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm not sure how to copy a single post from there, but one of their administrator's wrote that he's positive the staff would push back heavy if the new owners tried changing the policy there. It's gonna be hysterical if the staff starts getting locked out of accounts the second push back starts.
Aww, it's adorable. They think they have clout.

MOBA network be like,
Go Away Power GIF

Arcadialane

Leftists or pRoGrEsSiVeS are the fascist state loonies. Regardless on how much they try and "coopt" the word.
Wouldn't they be more far left authoritarians, not fascist. I don't think historical fascist like Franco, Mussolini, or Hitler have the same values as these people.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
Morrigan, one of the most annoying bitches I have ever seen on the internet, glad she (and many of the other mods who were a pain in the ass) got fucked and didn't get a single penny out of the $4,5M REEEEE was sold for
Actually, I think she is, or she was, the best of the group. Wait, I don't say she is good, she's is an annoying cunt of course, but she always showed some intelligence.
At least comparing to people like BDubs the a man without balls, Slayven and his stupidity, that sociopath Nephente, Tranny Nicole and her infinite victimhood, Hetch and his immaginary friends on the socials supporting him, Poodlestike promoted as mod for pity and desperation an not for any quality, and so on.
I wonder what the new employers will think of her when they will read her previous messages, such as "kill policemen" or "white babies" or "it is right to riot on the streets". Probably someone on 4Chan or Kiwifarm already did the job. This scum thinks she can do whatever she want but her new bosses will surely put a brake on her insanity. At that point, she have nothing. I really doubt she have a good life outside resetera, she always complained about her work and her coworkers and people in general. She have a shitty life but at least she felt strong on resetera. Without resetera she will left that bit of sanity she has left.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Wouldn't they be more far left authoritarians, not fascist. Do you think historical fascist like Franco, Mussolini, or Hitler have the same values as these people?
James Franco GIF

It's all the same in the end. State owns everything, you have a ruling class elites allowed to have wealth, and you're a pleb with no rights. Now get in a bread line for your monthly penance, citizen.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
I'll say this: most politically left wing people hate NeoGAF. They are an LGBTQ community and not much more

I and many others got banned for supporting Bernie in 2016 and 2020 again.

They think changing your dick to a pussy is the solution to all life's problems and if you have an opinion that differs from the CNN headline with an LGBTQ flag then you get banned

Sory to hear about your story of getting banned from supporting bernie sanders

They really ban you for that? Man those people are nuts

Last edited:
I don't know if it's true or not, but the story goes they had the forum ready to go because they wanted a safe space for discussion of a certain gaming company that they felt they couldn't get on GAF (like all the Era splinter forums now), and they planned and orchestrated the whole thing to intentionally implode the forum and get all of the users on their place. That's why all the discords were setup to move communities over and the leaders of those rewarded as "Community Resettler".
that some eve online shit right there.

ManaByte

Aww, it's adorable. They think they have clout.

MOBA network be like,
Go Away Power GIF

It's going to be even funnier when they wake up one morning and the site is just fucking gone for no reason.

And don't say that can't happen. I've seen it myself. My friend owned a couple of small sites that he sold off to an investment firm. You heard the same BS you see in Cerium's post. I ran one site for him, and within a year of them buying the sites it was just fucking GONE. They sold the sites off to someone else without telling us and on the first day of SDCC decided to do the migration, meaning the site was just fucking gone. The company who bought the sites from them were even more incompetent and we couldn't even admin the site after the migration. Now it doesn't even exist anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom