• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
On a random note is it shared or known how much as revenue this place makes on average per year?
Is that known or is it taboo?
Don't know, don't care tbh. I gift Gaf Gold to posters I like and have no issue with Lore making bank.

It's hilarious to see Era whine about workers rights & working conditions while ignoring the elephant in the room that is Cerium.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Make love, not war:

Mike-Tyson-12-6-e1630999171815-325x315.jpg

200.gif

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Someone else said it yesterday, I can't remember who (sorry!) but it's clear that the mod team are doing a spectacularly fucking poor job when they're some of the most visible members on the site. Isn't your volunteer role to help steer things in the right direction, mediate and generally keep things clean?

Instead, Era gets some of the most combative, patronising and snarky cunts to do that job. How can anyone be happy to post in that sort of environment, the admin/mods are actively conspiring against their own userbase.

I know absolute power corrupts absolutely, but they're getting like this over a videogame social justice forum. Imagine if they held any real sort of job, position of power or were accountable for anything in their sad little lives. Scary thought.
Problem with them is they got such a power trip each trying to be the face of Resetera, look how often the mods post in that thread. They all got to prove to the world and defend the fort like they're getting paid and got a job on the line.

Well, they actually do have a job. Just not paid. lol

You can tell when they are stumped when they either dont answer some nicely write posts. Or they all disappear at the same time. And then all rush back as a 4 mod force a couple hours later all posting at the same time (which is obvious they must had Discorded a game plan).

They keep doing this as they keep trying to back up each other's stupidity and "Cracker is an ok term to use" issue.

It'd look better on them if they just kept sticking to the "I like modding for $0 story" because thats solely one boring angle which would eventually fizzle out. Now they got two, as they keep backing each other up on the Cracker bit.

Kev Kev

On a random note is it shared or known how much as revenue this place makes on average per year?
Is that known or is it taboo?
same as Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage . i throw money at this place because i have a lot of fun here and i want to see it continue on and thrive as long as possible. exactly how much money Lore makes is honestly none of my business and i couldnt care less. but even if he sold it tomorrow and none of us ever talked to each other again, i wouldn't blame him one bit and i wouldnt regret any money or time spent on here.

Says a lot about how that community is managed. You would think it would be an indication that you're fucking up.
Kinda reminds me of Derek Chauvin. Large crowd gathered around him yelling "get off him, he can't breathe, you're doing this wrong, stop, you're going to kill him." Inside all he's thinking is "I bet everyone is wrong but me. If only I was appreciated more." :unsure:

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Anyone else find it weird that no one from Moba has reached out to the staff at Era? Doesn't seem promising.
thank you Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage or nush nush
wow GAF gold is amazing, EviLore EviLore sends you a personal message....[we don't talk about GAF gold, to the other Peasants]......a Velvet gloved handjob?!?!,
Seriously, it was not me that gifted gold to you both. I only do it on posts that make me laugh or post something positive to the site.

jdforge

Banned
Are you telling me you can have a conversation about video games without being constantly reminded that the user you're speaking to is black/white/asian and or trans/bi/straight/gay?

I don't think thats possible.

I definitely can haha. It doesn’t even enter my thoughts what race or sexuality someone is. And since the purge I feel GAF has been an overwhelmingly more positive place to hang out.

CeeJay

Anyone else find it weird that no one from Moba has reached out to the staff at Era? Doesn't seem promising.
Nah. The last thing that MobaFire will want to do is wade on in to that shitshow at the moment and get covered in it.

They will no doubt keep distance, then in a week/month or two will quietly replace the admins and mods and begin to make the changes they want.

KAL2006

Banned
Nah. The last thing that MobaFire will want to do is wade on in to that shitshow at the moment and get covered in it.

They will no doubt keep distance, then in a week/month or two will quietly replace the admins and mods and begin to make the changes they want.

They are already making money on the increased activity and views on that thread not just from the members but people outside like us. If I was Moba I'll just let this continue until activity and traffic dips in a few weeks.

nush

Gold Member
How is such a mentally train wrecked person given any authority to begin with?

I'm not going to dig out the screencaps, but cliff notes.

Black era had a problem with the mods.
Lot's of shit happened.
We'll hire a black mod so you know someone is on your side.
Nepenth.

No, better than that they had to kowtow, bypass just being a mod and made her an admin.

Diversity hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom