• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionian

What the fuck? Is that Vista?
Ryan Gosling Judging You GIF

I'm still on Win7 and right now on a flight to Japan. Gates are closing. About to have an orgy on the plane.

Using the old laptop. PC crapped out so went to it until I fix it. (I'll Buy a new one). A 'Toshiba sateillite' is the screengrab.

EDIT: Fixing computers. "I have a problem", "OK what computer?". It's 'XYZ'. "You do know thats just a brand right and I need the model number?".

EDIT 2: Played Crysis on high settings at the time of using Vista. Was glorious. Pimped up machine. Sold it off to upgrade. I never had an issue with Vista, just turned all the features off. BOOM! Job done.

Last edited:

DarkestHour

Banned
Its a shit show now. 60% of the screen on mobile is like ads and now its not even worth checking for the lulz

Yeah, the mobile advertisements are awful. Some stupid fucking video pops up constantly that you have to watch for 8 seconds or so before it even can be closed. I'm so thankful NeoGAF isn't doing that crap.

They listen to them because they have an active user base. I wish this place was as active but the # of replies to similar video game threads shows why insiders go there instead of here.
That's not the real reason. Main reason a lot of insiders (well in some cases, supposed insiders) go there is because of Mod/Admin connections on ERA to some of them. Some of those insiders, journalists etc. come from sites that certain ERA mods and administrative staff have networking connections to, so they just go and post there.

Actual site traffic in terms of active posts in similar threads between here and ERA isn't really as big a gap as you'd think. I've even seen similar threads on trending topics with similar (as in, within the same ballpark) page views here as on ERA. It's hard for a place like ERA to generate a lot of genuine activity when they ban seemingly a third of their registered users.

many of the big name industry names steer clear of that place even if they are woke outlets
what you are left with are a handful of indie devs who basically need to sell their soul to get noticed and a couple of the crackpipe twitter/reddit regurgitation posters

the site has also been a large decline active user wise for a number of years so im a little puzzled at how Cerium managed to get away at selling era at that premium
as its essentially pissing your money away

They listen to them because they have an active user base. I wish this place was as active but the # of replies to similar video game threads shows why insiders go there instead of here.

Tbf at least at Era they wouldn't shit all over a Dev team because of the way they look:

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Tbf at least at Era they wouldn't shit all over a Dev team because of the way they look:

Course they would. If the dev team consisted entirely of a demographic that ERA doesn't agree with, let's say straight white dudes, they'd be pissy too.

Claiming Era is saner than this board shows a remarkable naivety: you won't be banned here for your post, but I'd be banned there for mine.

PuffyCan

Yeah, they would never shit over a dev because they are all white males

cormack12

Gold Member
its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-charlie-kelly.gif

Not a problem here on my Galaxy Fold 2! What kind of phone are you poors trying to view it on?

You might have some weird OEM stuff on your 'concept phone'. I'm using an S21 and this ss doesnt even show the ad between the first post and second post that loads in Desktop seems ok with the chrome blocker I have but mobile is unusable.

VJPZMZ6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom