• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHK and Japan Ranks Top 100 Anime List to Celebrate 100 Years of Anime!

I never realised Madoka is so popular there it always looked niche to me.

*87 Juuni Kokuki

oh nice that it made a list - pity we never got it fully completed - such an underrated title

Aswell

* opens list *
* CTRL+F: "Steins;Gate" *
* match found *
* satisfied *

(Also nice to see Hyouka, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Your Name. and Haikyuu!! in this list.)

At least we know why modern anime is trash now.

Like really? Fucking Joker's Game at 12? That show didn't accomplish a single god damn thing. And it's at number 12 of best animes of all time?

What a fucking joke.

Why is it every time Japan has these kind of popularity polls the lists are always the absolute worst? Japan has shit tastes in anime. Also what the fuck is up with seasons being separate?

RangerBAD

I mean Tiger & Bunny was great and I would have loved a second season, but that's just bull shit. I don't even think it makes top 100. If we were talking in the last seven years than I could see it making the list. There are things that belong on the list, but end of being too low. Anything influential should have been really high. I'd like to see a list from industry people.

I'm just knowledgeable enough to see shows I really like or love rated lower (or much lower) than I think it should but I'm not nearly versed enough to actually argue against the list.

casiopao

Evangelion - 14

Utena - 30

Bebop - 34

I'm not sure if I'm surprised they are so low or so high.

Bebop is mostly famous in the west. In Japan, it is only famous in a small group of anime hardcore fans.^^

EVA is a huge anime IP. It is not shocking seeing it that high.^^

Top Bottom