• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHK and Japan Ranks Top 100 Anime List to Celebrate 100 Years of Anime!

apparently most popular means best
TIL Prince of Tennis > Cowboy Bebop

im assuming movies are included since 2 are in the top 10? I guess those are the only ones that aired on TV?
so much wrong with this

Yea s2 was a retread of s1 too much but worse. I still love thst whole world and characters. I hope the season 1 team comes back. I loved the movie they did.
The original creators who made season one made the film, that's why the film is good. They did not work on season two, that's why it's bad.

casiopao

I am shocked some Japanese male still remember the GOAT/GALAXY/MASTERPIECE Called Legend of Galactic Heroes there.^^

Kaiser approved those fans.^^

Shounen Hollywood being on the list at all overlooks any problem the list has. It's great. Good job, otakus.

Edit: ok, maybe most of the problems. Where is dragonball otakus?

casiopao

GAF. Quick rate my shitty taste here. See if mine is better than NHK or not lol.^^

1. Legend of Galactic Heroes
2. Ashita no Joe
3. BlackJack
4. Hunter X Hunter 2011
5. Guin Saga
6. Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
7. Arslan Senki
8. Banner of Stars
9. Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji
10.Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku/or Kiseijuu.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
GAF. Quick rate my shitty taste here. See if mine is better than NHK or not lol.^^

2. Ashita no Joe
3. BlackJack
4. Hunter X Hunter 2011
5. Guin Saga
7. Arslan Senki
8. Banner of Stars

A-, better than NHK

Fularu

Banned
Man that list.. did they like ask young teenagers or something?

No Saint Seya, Hokuto no Ken, City Hunter, Dragon Ball or even Astro Boy (like.. what?)

casiopao

Man that list.. did they like ask young teenagers or something?

No Saint Seya, Hokuto no Ken, City Hunter, Dragon Ball or even Astro Boy (like.. what?)

Except for Dragon Ball, i agree that there should at least get mentioned there.^^ I mean, Dragon Ball is famous for its dragging battle there. It is not even funny lol.^^

Astro Boy probably is not that famous anymore considering how old it is.Japan need to remake the series for this current generation ASAP like the Space Battleship Yamato 2199.^^

Hokuto kinda suffer after Raoh arc so i kinda understand there.^^

Reminds me why I mostly stoped watching Anime.

Then u are not following anime enough there when there is tons of good quality anime every season coming out.^^

casiopao

the anime is a step down form the source material

Agree. I feel some of the show not getting any mentioned on the list is because the anime is just worst compared to the manga.

For example, i love Devilman manga a ton. But i sure won't promote its anime which butcher the source material there^^

notaskwid

The taste of others affected what you enjoy?

That's kind of sad.

You should probably bring some happiness back into your life. May I suggest Love Live!?
Nope, but it sure does affect the kind of anime that gets released .
And no interest in supporting the idol industry.

spekkeh

Banned
460.gif

We all know it.

Fularu

Banned
Except for Dragon Ball, i agree that there should at least get mentioned there.^^ I mean, Dragon Ball is famous for its dragging battle there. It is not even funny lol.^^
I said Dragon Ball, not DBZ :p

Dragon Ball is still, to this day, the best adventure anime. It's youthfull, colorful, to the point and with very little filler compared to the Manga

casiopao

I said Dragon Ball, not DBZ :p

Dragon Ball is still, to this day, the best adventure anime. It's youthfull, colorful, to the point and with very little filler compared to the Manga

But......only a very small amount people rate DB vs DBZ there.^^

ReaperXL7

Light searching tells me that Tiger and Bunny is basically a SuperHero show? I'll take a look at it, never heard of it before today.

Kalentan

Light searching tells me that Tiger and Bunny is basically a SuperHero show? I'll take a look at it, never heard of it before today.

Yeah, it's actually a pretty good show all things considered. But good enough to be picked as #1?

Not even close.

Tizoc

2. Ashita no Joe
3. BlackJack
4. Hunter X Hunter 2011
5. Guin Saga
7. Arslan Senki
8. Banner of Stars
You my fellow gaffer have spectacular taste in anine

Wow, looking through these 7 pages, I have never seen such a large division with anime fans ever. Interesting how the anime community operates with stuff like these.

I wonder if there's a Western equivalent of the NHK poll coming this year. I'd like to see the results of that.

kewlmyc

Baccano not being on the list makes me sad.

Lots of love for Tiger and Bunny. It was an interesting take on the superhero genre, but that's about it. The use of CG in it was terribad though.

Top Bottom