• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition announced

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
https://gematsu.com/2018/12/nier-automata-game-of-the-yorha-edition-announced

Square Enix has announced NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition.

While further information has yet to be announced, the NieR: Automata official Japanese Twitter account said it will share details in the coming hours.

Back in November, the Entertainment Software Rating Board rated NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition for PlayStation 4 and PC.

Here is a message from director Yoko Taro on the announcement:
Square Enix has asked me for a comment to mark the announcement of NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition.
Now that you mention it, NieR: Automata was first released on February 23, 2017 in Japan, March 7, 2017 in America, and March 10, 2017 in Europe.
I have noticed something bizarre and fascinating about these numbers.
If you write these dates out in long-form as 20170223, 20170307, and 20170310, then add all three numbers together, you get 60510840.
If you take that total, split the digits in two down the middle, making 6051 and 0840, then subtract the second number from the first… unbelievably you get 5211!!
That’s right, a number completely devoid of all meaning!
Just like life really, isn’t it? Over and out.​

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This game is personal game of the generation but there just one piece of DLC that I already got so think I need get this. But for people who haven’t got this then don’t miss out, it was fantastic game.

Also the DLC is pretty fun if enjoyed the combat.

AnotherOne

This game is personal game of the generation but there just one piece of DLC that I already got so think I need get this. But for people who haven’t got this then don’t miss out, it was fantastic game.

Also the DLC is pretty fun if enjoyed the combat.

Is it really that good? I've never played it.

Exentryk

Square Enix has asked me for a comment to mark the announcement of NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition.
Now that you mention it, NieR: Automata was first released on February 23, 2017 in Japan, March 7, 2017 in America, and March 10, 2017 in Europe.
I have noticed something bizarre and fascinating about these numbers.
If you write these dates out in long-form as 20170223, 20170307, and 20170310, then add all three numbers together, you get 60510840.
If you take that total, split the digits in two down the middle, making 6051 and 0840, then subtract the second number from the first… unbelievably you get 5211!!
That’s right, a number completely devoid of all meaning!
Just like life really, isn’t it? Over and out.

Hahaha! Yoko Taro is the best!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Updates:

Update 10:45 p.m.: NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition will launch for PlayStation 4 on February 21, 2019 in Japan for 4,800 yen, Square Enix announced.

NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition is a special edition of NieR: Automata that includes the main game, downloadable content, and various in-game item bonuses.

The full list of content is as follows:

• Main Game: NieR: Automata
  • DLC: 3C3C1D119440927
  • Bonus Content
    • Accessory: Machine Mask
    • Pod Model: Grimoire Weiss
    • Pod Skin: Cardboard
    • Pod Skin: Retro Red
    • Pod Skin: Retro Grey
    • Pod Skin: Play System (digital version only)
    • PlayStation 4 dynamic theme
Visit the official Japanese website here.

Details for the western release have yet to be announced.

Update 11:03 p.m.: NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition will also be released for PC via Steam on February 27, 2019 in Japan, Square Enix announced.

Update 11:08 p.m.: The price of NieR: Automata Become As Gods Edition for Xbox One will be reduced to 4,800 yen starting February 21, 2019 in Japan, Square Enix announced.

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/nier-automata-game-of-the-yorha-edition-announced

I never played this, mostly because I heard that the PC port was horseshit and I didn't feel like playing it on my ps4....so I'm really curious if they fixed the port this time around....

Kagey K

Banned
This game deserves to be rereleased every single year for now until I’m tired of it and I will keep rebuying it.

I usually hate rebuying games, but there are certain ones that deserve it and this is one of them.

I love how every time you might be starting to tire a bit it changes genres or perspective on you and feels like a totally different game for a bit.

It’s like playing 3 or 4 really great games of different genres at the same time.

I will Become As Gods as many times as it will let me.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'll never buy or play this game untill they fix it on PC and they'll never will so I guess to me this game does not exists.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Hope they increase the resolution and add HDR.

CuNi

I was a click away from getting it in the steam autumn sale... Glad the rumor came true. Will wait for that release then and buy it. Hope it will be fixed on PC though.

Kagey K

Banned
Buy it now and by the time you beat this release you might only have to wait a bit for the next release.

It should be bought and played over and over again.

Spaltazar

Neo Member
i would have loved a meaty expansion or fun dlc where you play as a goofy robot for this rather then just some arena dlc

I'll never buy or play this game untill they fix it on PC and they'll never will so I guess to me this game does not exists.
I bit in the autumn sale, was low enough that I was willing to pay for a game where I have to install a fucking user made patch to fix a game a multi million dollar company couldn't be arsed to fix.

Just watch these fuckers release the new edition with exactly the same issues or even worse, fix it there and not in the original. Incompetent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom