• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata has sold over 5 million copies on all platforms

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
That's honestly kinda sad.
3f27dda69183c781e366e6e23274ee79c8429c8b3cbfa2153161adeb467b59c8.png
Yep, I should play Soul Reaver some day.

Is it part of the Blood Omen games? I always get confused with this saga. Where should I start?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Perhaps not 5 million, but it could sell a lot more with some proper regional pricing and if they ported the game to other platforms.
I honestly don't know what Vanillaware or Atlus are thinking.
Sure, but biggest reason is the game is too "niche" for western audience. I still hope that doesn't discourage Vanillaware releasing their games in west.

Jeeves

see above. you need a mod to fix a lot of issues so you're lucky i guess or just ignoring the issues.
I honestly can't tell which of these is the case. I mean the game never crashed on me or stuttered so there's that, but also I played with a controller and I'm not the type to notice framerate/texture things. Although now that I think about it I did utilize a separate program to enable borderless fullscreen I think?

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'm also confused about the order. Should i play:
LoK: Soul Reaver -> LoK: Soul Reaver 2 -> LoK: Defiance

Can I ignore Blood Omen 1&2?
Play em all. What order? Play em by release order.

Guilty_AI

Play em all. What order? Play em by release order.
Yeah, problem is blood omen 2 seems to be filled with technical issues, and blood omen 1 simply isn't available for sale anywhere (which would mean ☠️).
So i just wanna know if i can follow the story of the three even without the Blood omen series.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, problem is blood omen 2 seems to be filled with technical issues, and blood omen 1 simply isn't available for sale anywhere (which would mean ☠️).
So i just wanna know if i can follow the story of the three even without the Blood omen series.
You can but you'd be missing out on stuffs. But if that is too much hassle then just get what you can.

Merkades

Man I feel like I am the only one that thinks A2 > 2B. Already have this on PS4, but since I am building a new PC I think I will replay this with the mods mentioned earlier in the thread once I can actually buy the final components. I am glad a Yoko Taro game is finally selling well, but I very much hope he stays himself.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Well deserved. Need some difficulty adjustments though(and B part could have been a cutscene). Now i waiting for the Replicant 218972193(or something like that).

LOLCats

Banned
i bought it twice (ps4 and xbox), granted the xbox version was from free xbox credit, but still counts.

Last edited:

Labolas

Man I feel like I am the only one that thinks A2 > 2B. Already have this on PS4, but since I am building a new PC I think I will replay this with the mods mentioned earlier in the thread once I can actually buy the final components. I am glad a Yoko Taro game is finally selling well, but I very much hope he stays himself.
Oh yeah I like A2 more from gameplay and personality viewpoint. She actually made the game more enjoyable for me because of her mechanics but a lot of people fawned over 2B because of she's the starting character and simply put dat booty

iHaunter

Yoko Taro never does direct sequels. Even we do get new NieR it will be with all new casts and it would take place decade after Automata.

The game still considered niche, 5 million is great number. I wish 13 Sentinels could sell that much.
That's literally what I said though. :D

Genei_Jin

Neo Member
Nier Automata is a masterpiece. I haven't felt this way about a game since FF7 and MGS on back in 1997/1998.

Buy it people!

Bridges

Well deserved.

Really disliked it the first time I played through the beginning, but glad I pushed through to the end. One of the best games last gen for sure

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I'd assume he'll start promoting his new game middle of next year after the Nier remaster comes out, because although he's attached it seems like a side-project for him.

Still think he's doing Babylon's Fall, everything about that game suggests a connection with the Drakengard universe and its been notable that Platinum hasn't named the director for it yet either.

gtrwll

Thanks to y’all I just downloaded the game from Gamepass. I bought it from Steam last spring and played through Route A and a bit of Route B, but it was a bit too much at the time and I had other games in queue, and I never got back to it even though I liked the game so far (even though the sudden first ending initially baffled me a lot 😅)

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah I like A2 more from gameplay and personality viewpoint. She actually made the game more enjoyable for me because of her mechanics but a lot of people fawned over 2B because of she's the starting character and simply put dat booty
Shame you can't use her much.

Top Bottom