• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Review Thread

killatopak

It's not on MC to my knowledge. We shouldn't repeat that whole craze though, even if it was largely sarcastic.

"Pisseth Off!"

Sad!

Hehe yeah good advice. I liked it a lot earlier on though. For a while, it felt like a community thread.

Pretty excited to play the game. I'm trying to finish up my backlog(new vegas and zelda) before tackling this beast. I want to play it with a clear mind.

It went below 90, you guys still playing it?

Bought the game when it was still 90 so it counts.

I know I said I won't do it anymore but I can't help it :p

big fake

we back in here!!!! Missed this review thread=!

I expected a higher score from Jim from his tweet but am happy that he saw its genius as well.

Whats the non weighted average now? Who's left and what chance is there left for a 90?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Prefer it to stay at 89 myself, the weird symmetry of the original getting 68 is just perfection.

LotusHD

Banned
Prefer it to stay at 89 myself, the weird symmetry of the original getting 68 is just perfection.

UQvtzHE.jpg

Amazing scores! This will definitely be on my (very long) to-play list.

I've heard the 1st game is sort of a hidden gem... do you think it's worth a playthrough beforehand?

farisr

I've heard the 1st game is sort of a hidden gem... do you think it's worth a playthrough beforehand?
General consensus for the first game is, the gameplay and graphics are not all that good, everything else is great.

Actually... cheapest I can find it is £30 which is pretty steep. I'll probably play Automata first and go back to it if I like it.

Thanks for replying. Yeah, the story alone seems interesting so that's good enough for me to give it a go... price permitting.

Wagram

Automata is the best game in the DrakeNier series, but I still like Nier more because I believe the story is better. Hell I would even recommend Drakengard 1 and 3. Just need to keep in mind that they have elements you put up with for the good stuff.

Top Bottom