NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Publisher Square Enix and developer PlatinumGames will release the promised upgrade patch for the Steam version of NieR: Automata on July 15, the companies announced. Get the patch notes below.
Publisher Square Enix and developer PlatinumGames will release the promised upgrade patch for the Steam version of NieR: Automata on July 15, the companies announced.
Get the patch notes below.
- Borderless Video Settings – Borderless video settings have been implemented.
- Fidelity FX – A Fidelity FX CAS feature has been added.
- HDR – The system will now detect whether HDR has been activated in the Windows display settings, and automatically boot the game in HDR mode if it has.
- Anti-Aliasing – Adjustments to the anti-aliasing functionality
- User Interface Textures (4K) – Approximately 270 user interface textures for icons, backdrops, user interface elements, etc. now support 4K resolutions.
- Cutscenes – The bit rate has been improved and all pre-rendered cutscenes adjusted, so they will now play in 60 frames per second and display in the correct aspect ratio without stretching the picture.
- Global Illumination – A new “Global Illumination” feature has been implemented. This can be set to three different levels: High, Medium, or Low.
- Ambient Occlusion / Bloom – The rendering targets for ambient occlusion and bloom effects have been changed to dynamic resolution based on the game’s resolution.
- It is now possible to switch between recently selected display modes for screenshots, such as between full screen and windowed mode or between borderless and windowed mode, by pushing the Alt + Enter keys together.
- The mouse cursor is no longer displayed when using a game pad controller.
- The frame rate has been stabilized at 60 frames per second under default settings.
- Other stability related fixes have also been implemented.