• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Night mode, 4K dashboard on Xbox Series X, and more with next update

Banned
Yah I wouldn’t have noticed the sharper text unless I knew there was a change. I’m glad we got the update. Better to have it at a higher res obviously, it’s just so whatever.

well I hope this does not slow down the dashboard in any way, because if it does I want an option to revert back to the low res version!

Fake

The dash does look better, but I don't see how people really got upset because it wasn't 4K before. Who really cares?

A lot of people, I mean, Microsoft will put their 4K dashboard on the next update as a requested feature, so... unless you think one single guy whining about this got listened.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The dash does look better, but I don't see how people really got upset because it wasn't 4K before. Who really cares?

Back when I had a PS4 Pro (I bought it and a new 4K TV the day it released - so five years ago) I quickly became accustomed to the very nice 4K dashboard w/ HDR, animated backgrounds that one could get with special editions or just purchase, etc. It's very pleasant to look at, navigate, etc.

Then I got an Xbox One X in late 2019, two years later. It was jarring going back to a 1080p resolution, blown up all ugly on my giant 4K TV, everything, static, etc. It didn't help that I also disliked the general UX overall of the Xbox.

This is something that has been a long time coming a lot of people were asking for - such as myself, for years. It's the main reason that after acquiring a PS5 rather than also pursuing a Xbox Series X I instead decided to play Microsoft and Game Pass games on PC and replaced my One X with an Apple 4K TV instead.

Banned
Back when I had a PS4 Pro (I bought it and a new 4K TV the day it released - so five years ago) I quickly became accustomed to the very nice 4K dashboard w/ HDR, animated backgrounds that one could get with special editions or just purchase, etc. It's very pleasant to look at, navigate, etc.

Then I got an Xbox One X in late 2019, two years later. It was jarring going back to a 1080p resolution, blown up all ugly on my giant 4K TV, everything, static, etc. It didn't help that I also disliked the general UX overall of the Xbox.

This is something that has been a long time coming a lot of people were asking for - such as myself, for years. It's the main reason that after acquiring a PS5 rather than also pursuing a Xbox Series X I instead decided to play Microsoft and Game Pass games on PC and replaced my One X with an Apple 4K TV instead.

people really out here sitting in the menus for hours it seems... like... wtf...

Lonely_Wolf1886

Neo Member

Yeah it's very jarring especially when ps4 pro had native 4k and when I got my series x was shocked to see it was not 4k.

People who don't care must have a small tv or sitting far from the tv.

Lognor

Banned
Yeah it's very jarring especially when ps4 pro had native 4k and when I got my series x was shocked to see it was not 4k.

People who don't care must have a small tv or sitting far from the tv.
I don't care and I have a 77 inch TV that I sit five feet from

BigLee74

Is it just me, or is anybody else noticing lag when opening the Xbox guide from within a game now? Always used to appear immediately, but I’m finding it doesn’t appear for a good 5 seconds now (once it’s there it’s fine for a while until it obviously buggers off out of memory again).

Frustrating.

Kacho

Gold Member
Is it just me, or is anybody else noticing lag when opening the Xbox guide from within a game now? Always used to appear immediately, but I’m finding it doesn’t appear for a good 5 seconds now (once it’s there it’s fine for a while until it obviously buggers off out of memory again).

Frustrating.
Yeah I’ve noticed it as well

rapid32.5

have they added a way to turn off system navigation sound? I don't wanna hear that at night in my room or headset.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games

Frustrating.
Try clearing the cache. Its in the Blu Ray menu I think.

Top Bottom