• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nightmare Reaper | Console Reveal Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Nightmare Reaper is a part of Realms Deep 2022! This is a great moment to announce the game is coming to PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X, and Nintendo Switch in early 2023!

Nightmare Reaper is a dark and violent meld of retro and modern action games, inspired by the classic 2.5D first-person shooters of the 90s, with elements of modern looter shooters and roguelites.

FEATURES
💥 Music and audio by the great Andrew Hulshult.
💥 Non-intrusive but mysterious story.
💥 Many game modes.
💥 A mix of manual and random level generation.
💥 Tons of random events and secrets.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Could be cool but I dunno about the roguelike aspect of the game. I'll stick to more conventional shooters I think.

Orta

Banned
Not feeling it tbh, looks an absolute mess, particularly the more frenzied scenes. 80 weapons is overkill, most will be forgotten.

Not feeling it tbh, looks an absolute mess, particularly the more frenzied scenes. 80 weapons is overkill, most will be forgotten.
Same. And I love Dusk, Ion Fury, Prodeus and many more.

The art style just looks like a garish, random hodgepodge, the music blows, and the whole thing feels played out and boring. There are so many games out there that probably do this whole thing better by a country mile already.

Drizzlehell

Banned
That game is awesome. The roguelike stuff was a red flag at first but it's one of the few exceptions where I was digging the concept because the gameplay is just so fun.

If you're actually into boomer shooters and won't even give this a try then you're doing yourself a disservice.

SALMORE

i don't know it looks messy & chaotic in a bad way 😑 also it's coming in the same week as Warhammer Boltgun

Last edited:

Mossybrew

I'm sure that there are some gamers out there who want to play a game that looks like this in tyool 2023 but I am definitely not one of them.

Top Bottom