• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory, other triple-A devs using AI voice acting tech instead of voice actors

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Yeah, this is cool technology, but it will cause a scale back in voice over work. I can very feasibly see a situation where they just credit maybe five people for ALL the incidental work, because they'll be the "input," people and tasked with reading fucking tomes of side quest dialogue, while the leading roles will still be taken by well known names.

Basically, people will still have jobs, as long as they're Nolan North, Troy Baker and Laura Bailey.

OldBoyGamer

Banned
I think this has its uses on many levels.

Someone told me that voice acting has become artificially super expensive - especially in America- thanks to actors unions demanding top dollar and things like min amount of hours regardless of what’s needed.

Not sure how true that is. But this would be a viable way of reducing the dev cost of a game.

They might not be able to replace top quality voice actors. But certainly mid level ones. And it feels like they are the ones who will be most hit by this

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Let the robots take over, I want faster made games. Bring back the days of 2/3 year dev cycles.
Just as long as the entire game isn't made by ai, I'll buy up

Last edited:
Top Bottom