• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo confirms no price cut for Switch in NA

mcjmetroid

As a general rule with rumours. If it sounds made up.. it probably is.

If it sounds like a creative rumor it's probably real.

Banjo64

cumsessed
You forget that in Europe taxes are included in the price while in the USA it's tacked on when you cash out.
So a $300 Switch in the USA is actually around $320 US dollars.
Or a $500 PS5/XSX is actually around $535 in the USA depending what state you live in.
I don’t forget, it’s just still cheaper in the US even once taxes are added. Switch in the UK before price cut was nearly $390.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
BEAST!

Nothing stops the switch train. Insane that there still hasn't been a price drop on a console this old. I have no doubt it'll end up as the all time best selling console. Hell if they just release a new Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon over the next 3 years that will probably be enough to get them there.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
Official prices are meaningless, you can easily find a Switch way below that price. I bought my Switch some months after its release (May) at 240€ with a good deal.

Skifi28

I'll use the immense amount of 20 euros saved to drink a couple of beers in honor of our fallen NA brothers.

Chiggs

But you can't do that with Xbox or Playstation so that's a rare W for Nintendo.

There are plenty of licensed options for PS5 and Xbox, whereas, for any Switch user that wanted wireless audio, there was nothing until now (excluding some bizarre audio switch solution).

Last edited:
There are plenty of licensed options for PS5 and Xbox, whereas, for any Switch user that wanted wireless audio, there was nothing until now (excluding some bizarre audio switch solution).
There’s plenty of wireless options for Switch. Nearly every single wireless PlayStation/PC headset works on switch docked. Steelseries and Razer make multiple headsets that use a USB C dongle instead that are meant for the switch. Then you have a bunch of Bluetooth audio adapters that work on Switch and PlayStation like the skull and co adapter among others.

Hell, Steelseries has what I believe is the only headset that’s not a million dollars that works wirelessly on PC/PS/SW/Xbox natively.

There has been options for a long time

Ogbert

Lol.

corvette deal with it GIF

I would like confirmation of that tho. I have only seen the demographics of the switch from near launch and those were overwhelmingly the adult demographic even moreso than the PS4 and XBO.

Early adopters?

We are talking about general audiences, it's very obvious which demographics are missing from the Switch. The mindshare and who was interested or talked about the Wii is at least half different if not more so.

The only reason Switch may beat Wii is because they did nothing to retain the Wii audience as it started falling end of 2009 and collapsed at end of 2010. They also did nothing to shift to core gaming demographics.

The new age of youngsters is what's really holding Switch up otherwise it would be around ~45-50 million right now with the other demographics it has.

The Wii was hot but several gamer demographics were but a portion of that 100 million sold and kids were only like a third of it. The casual demographics from early teens to seniors and in between was insane and was THE reason it was as hot as it was for three years.

The audience buying switch wouldn't have brought 35 million Kinects switching from the Wii as the Wii audience did. Those demographics are gone

gundalf

Nintendo tells me yesterday's Switch price drop was just for Europe (and the UK): “The trade price adjustment is for the European region only. There are no plans to change the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price for any Nintendo Switch model in the U.S.”

Tell me you an anglo without telling me you are an anglo :messenger_tears_of_joy:

V4skunk

Banned
I got mine on launch day.
Don't even care about a price cut.
I lol at people that have waited years for a price cut! You should have just got one at launch.

Top Bottom