• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Confirms That Splatoon 3's Shiver Identifies As Female

Catphish

Erm, they're fucking cartoon characters. They don't identify as anything. A human being, presumably a Nintendo employee, has assigned that identity to the character.

I mean, I don't play Nintendo anything, so I don't rightly give a shit, but I believe it would be more accurate to say "Nintendo Identifies Shiver as Female."

As it is, it's like they're sidestepping the accountability. "Don't look at us. Shiver did it."

But really, the whole concept of assigning gender/sexuality identities to fucking video game characters is just mind-numbingly ridiculous.

Whooooooooooooo fuuuuuuuckinggggg caaaaaaaaarrrrrrreeesssss

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member
Erm, they're fucking cartoon characters. They don't identify as anything. A human being, presumably a Nintendo employee, has assigned that identity to the character.

I mean, I don't play Nintendo anything, so I don't rightly give a shit, but I believe it would be more accurate to say "Nintendo Identifies Shiver as Female."

As it is, it's like they're sidestepping the accountability. "Don't look at us. Shiver did it."

But really, the whole concept of assigning gender/sexuality identities to fucking video game characters is just mind-numbingly ridiculous.

Whooooooooooooo fuuuuuuuckinggggg caaaaaaaaarrrrrrreeesssss

Check the tags, mate.

Top Bottom