• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo could make a cutting edge system -But shouldn't

That it's not a game made for pS4 that was downgraded to Switch like Witcher 3 or Doom. It's a PS3 game that's been upgraded to Switch but the upgrade is limited compared to the upgrade that PS4 got. Also Switch is essentially a portable ps3/x360 which is pretty bloody awesome.
Gotcha. I agree.

Kssio_Aug

I don't know if they can or not, but they sure don't need to. Their games are great nonetheless, and they have been doing apparently quite fine for all these years.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Nintendo make my favourite games. I just sometimes wish we could see something like Breath of the Wild on a cutting edge console. As in ‘developed’ for the console, not running in 4k on a pc emulator.

Will never happen though. Their balance of power versus profit is off the charts, so they have zero incentive to release a genuinely powerful console.
That is the soul reason I won't buy a Switch and I would love a powerful Nintendo console.

Azurro

Banned

They're the true innovators. They brought rumble, they brought gyro, and they brought most controls in general. You know what the other two are going to bring every generation, but you have no idea what Nintendo will do.

The thread title really has nothing to do with the content. Even if Nintendo is only doing portables now, I'm sure they could have created something more powerful than the switch on release.

The audience is not really used to high end performance in this kind of handheld product and given its huge success, it doesn't really matter, except to a few nerdy forum people like us.

Due to that, I don't expect the landfill grade chipset plus paper maché materials strategy to change anytime soon.

Top Bottom