• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo fails miserably when analyzed by Blizzards new Diversity Tool

Other game series that can benefit form this tool?

• Tomb Raider

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Uncharted

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Dark Souls

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Crash Bandicoot

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Spyro The Dragon

Votes: 24 12.4%
  • Halo

• Hitman

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Forza Horizon

• Gran Turismo

Votes: 79 40.7%
  • The Witcher

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Street Fighter

• Mortal Kombat

• Yakuza

Votes: 14 7.2%
  • Other

Votes: 19 9.8%

• Total voters

BlackTron

Development of this tool started in 2016???!!!

I thought this was just some dumb thing they threw together on a whim to blog post and virtue signal about. Not something that they took very seriously internally and even worked on for uh...six years.

It appears to be nothing but a stat-based system that works like an online personality test.

stickkidsam

Is it that bad?
Yeh. It's pretty bad.

Halo has always had a diverse cast of characters; not enough for Paramount though! They race washed Keys, Miranda, Soren, and replaced Blue team with the more diverse Silver team. Oh and Sgt Johnson is nowhere to be seen. That's not even getting into the character assassination of Miranda, Keyes, Halsey, Chief, or the joke of a leading character that is Kwan Ha.

Last edited:

Fbh

giphy.gif

-Male
-Straight
-Rich
-Not disabled.

Sorry man your gif doesn't pass the diversity test, I'm going to have to ask you to change it to something a bit less bigoted.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I picked other.
For research purposes I had a check through my copy of Madden and let me tell you this, there was a noticeable lack of playable women in the game. I'm pretty sure the developers hate women to not include female players. I was triggered by the use of names such as the Kansas City Chiefs (culture appropriation), Baltimore Ravens (distinct lack of fan service to Edgar Allen Poe, and the players were humans not birds) and the New York Jets (because they fucking suck).

Can these devs not do better on inclusively?

Thanati

So Activision Blizzard gets sued for sexual assault and frat-boy culture and now they're telling Nintendo their games are not diverse enough?

Riiiight.....

This sounds more like, "Oh hey! Look at that company over there! Yeah, that one. Don't look at us instead, look at them!"

(quick settle out of court and cover up the Cosby room shit and other stuff we did)

93xfan

Banned
Other: none

I’m all for all races and both genders being represented, but not by a tool and not forced representation. I’m betting SJWs at IGN and the like start reviewing games partially based on this new metric.

Last edited:

daveonezero

Banned
The person or organization giving you a reputation is more important than the reputation itself.

This is a great thing for Nintendo.

Devs should strive to score low on this stupid metric.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

NikuNashi

Nintendo is a family friendly company, it's image is families sitting around the tv playing together. It's not about late night trips to the glory hole with a bottle of amyl nitrate and a butt plug.

Can we leave all this freaky shizzle out of my Mario games, the day Mario's blue overalls are swapped for leather assless chaps with studded trim is the day I stop playing.

Kadve

Never has this image been more accurate to my opinion.

35lqnh5xrfb51.png

And you know. Between facism being on the rise, threat of nuclear war, world hunger, climate change and other such non important things. Its nice of Activision to tackle this huge issue that people are totally bothered by....

Last edited:

Impotaku

oh-no-anyway.gif

A total non issue, some of the worst shit in gaming has all sprung from the west. Both in stuff in games & the scandals of various dev companies including blizzard.

Last edited:

Vognerful

I feel the whole thing is just a distraction by acti blizzard to pull attention away from the actual lawsuits and how they are making all efforts to avoid them or not implementing actual internal actions except superficial things. At the same time, they are indirectly diverting the attention to "SJW" and influencing gamers to hate on these false corrective actions and react by blaming someone else for the wrong reason.

What I am trying to say that we should all hate what they are doing, but we should do it for the right reason.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
“They are not disabled”.

I mean, when your shtick is to jump around, drive karts and participate in basically every major sport known to humanity, don’t you think that being disabled would be… not what these characters should be?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Kinda hot tbh

But yeah anyone who takes stock in Blizzard's disgusting, racist skull-measuring algorithm is a freak
If you are getting turned on by a cartoon then I'd say you got bigger problems than Blizzards diversity tool.

UnNamed

Banned
Devs need to hire people to teach them morality and diversity. I would not hire the Pope or a Nobel Peace Prize for that, let alone this idiots.

Top Bottom