• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo giving away nintendogs for free?

blahness

Rockman said:
Hmm ok..I was able to register my NDS/GBA/GBASP/NGC but as for the NDS games I have here what exactly do we type in for those? I didn't receive any special card with Super Mario 64 DS, Kirby Canvas Curse, Yoshi Touch and Go, or Wario Touched. I just got this DS and games 3 days ago...

there should have been an insert with the instruction book that has marios face on it and on the other side of the booklet it has the code... you should have got one for each of those games

Rockman

blahness said:
there should have been an insert with the instruction book that has marios face on it and on the other side of the booklet it has the code... you should have got one for each of those games

Thanks. I didn't even bother to look at those little inserts heh. I thought it was just crap trying to get you to subscribe to Nintendo Power.

Varian

Kobun Heat said:
There are almost definitely other factors at work here.

- Demographics: they're probably targeting as many girls as possible
- Activity in the NOA online community: your message board posting history/frequency

It's probably not random luck; they want people who are going to enjoy Nintendogs and be active participants in the Kennel Club.
There's probably some personality metric to test if you're social enough to spread the Nintendogs word.

Sleeper hit of the year!

demi

Remember these faces, Nintendo! Suck our balls (excluding cloudwalking)!

Where's that Nintendo PR poof at, give us our free game!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I've got 45 games and 4 systems registered, for a total of 49 items, and I didn't make the cut.

Well, at least I did get a chance to play the game at the Nintendo World store today.

*sighs*

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
demi said:

Remember these faces, Nintendo! Suck our balls (excluding cloudwalking)!

Where's that Nintendo PR poof at, give us our free game!
They figure you guys (and gal) don't need the game for free. Nintendo already made a PR to talk about the DPC, that's all you're getting. :D

RaidenZR

I got my email and should receive my game on August 1st. Glad this participation in their program finally proved fruitful. Looking forward to more of this. Huzzah.

demi

I've got 19 titles and 4 systems registered :(

Had to break some of my games out of the seal just for the precious code.

Lee-T

I hate to bump this, but has anyone gotten their Nintendogs yet from Nintendo? They said around 8/1 they would arrive.

Fuzzy

Lee-T said:
I hate to bump this, but has anyone gotten their Nintendogs yet from Nintendo? They said around 8/1 they would arrive.
I read on GameFAQ's that a couple of people got them this week.

RaidenZR

Does anyone know if these are coming in full packaging or just as the DS card? I've got a feeling Nintendo's gonna cheat the glory of a free prize by cutting some costs.

Fuzzy

RaidenZR said:
Does anyone know if these are coming in full packaging or just as the DS card? I've got a feeling Nintendo's gonna cheat the glory of a free prize by cutting some costs.
The people who got it said it was just in a cardboard sleeve like the Metroid demo that was packed with the DS.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Synth_floyd said:
What's the point of registering what games you buy?

in case nintendo gives out something free, which is rare. to date, they've only given out the zelda bonus disc and a metroid prime 2 demo disc for free. yes, a demo disc for registering games. what was funny is that zelda bonus disc required 2 codes, while the mp2 demo disc required 4

Not eligible?
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Custom Robo
Classic NES Series: The Legend of Zelda
Wario Ware, Inc.: Mega Party Game$
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Mario Party 6
Classic NES Series: Legend of Zelda II
Metroid: Zero Mission
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Pikmin 2
Super Mario 64 DS
Star Fox: Assault
Yoshi Touch & Go
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
WarioWare: Touched!
1080 Avalanche
Classic NES Series: Donkey Kong
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Mario Party 5
Classic NES Series: Dr. Mario
Pokémon Colosseum
Donkey Konga
Classic NES Series: Excitebike
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros.
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Golf: Advance Tour
Meteos
Nintendo DS
[Registered]
Game Boy Advance SP
[Registered]
Nintendo GameCube
[Registered]
Game Boy Advance
[Registered]
31 games + 4 systems and I don't qualify? wtf?

and I would say 1/4 of those games are from taking the codes from Blockbuster and not from purchases.

littlewig

Banned
Many of you have gotten invitations or heard about others getting invitations to a new promotion, the Kennel Club.

The Nintendo Kennel Club is a beta-testing program that uses approximately 350 Sages, My Nintendo members, celebrities and members of the media to provide feedback on the upcoming Nintendogs game. Yes, each participant will receive a free advance copy of the game.

Just because you didn't get one doesn't mean we don't like you or think you wouldn't like a copy of Nintendogs early! We only had a certain number of slots and they're now filled.

I mean, *I* didn't even get asked and everyone knows what a dog lover I am! Just look at my happy puppy!

From Nintendo's forum.

Fuzzy

It's not like you could've done anything about getting an advance copy, it was random for the My Nintendo people.

GamerShu

Banned
either i was extremely lucky that i received nintendogs, or it was because i have 62 (all available) nintendo products registered. :D

btw: haha @ u guys not getting it early. im addictive. My Shiba Inu named Kairi is so cute :D

you have all of the GBA videos too? weirdo. :p

maybe this had something to do with it?

maybe.gif

suaveric

RaidenZR said:

When NOA did this with Animal Crossing, they gave out just the disc.. until the game was actually released, then they mailed out the case for the game.

aparisi2274

Sorry, but you are not eligible for this promotion. But don't worry! The Nintendo Kennel Club will be open to everyone when Nintendogs is released on August 22! Stay tuned to www.Nintendogs.com in the coming weeks for more information. Be sure to keep your My Nintendo profile up-to-date so we can include you in future programs!

boooooo

Top Bottom