• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo is officially returning to Gamescom this year, it's confirmed, following a four-year absence.

Draugoth

Gold Member
nintendo-tokyo-store-b-1024x576.jpg

Nintendo will attend Gamescom 2023 later this year, it’s confirmed.

Following a claim from the event’s organiser that a “major company,” would return to the show, Koelnmesse and The German Games Industry Association have now confirmed that Nintendo will exhibit after a four-year absence.

“We are excited to announce that Nintendo will be exhibiting at Gamescom2023,” organisers said. “Many more exhibitors will follow in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!”

It’s currently unclear what Nintendo’s presence at the event will consist of, as the largest titles the company has currently announced, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and Pikmin 4, will have released by the time Gamescom takes place in August.

SCB3

Switch 2 revealed in June + games and consoles to be revealed at Gamescom.

unlikely but let me dream
I honestly could see a Holiday release for the next console with a new Mario plus the Movies Bu Ray release, it is due soon and there are a lot of rumors and things slipping that make it more likely

It's currently unclear what Nintendo’s presence at the event will consist of, as the largest titles the company has currently announced, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and Pikmin 4, will have released by the time Gamescom takes place in August.
As expected, opting out of E3 and not have any titles scheduled for release past Pikmin 4 in July, Nintendo is clearly planning on announcing their second half lineup in late summer. That would definitely time well for GamesCom. Wonder if it has to do with new hardware or not.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Would be cool if they had been secretly working on a Switch 2 version of ToTK, even if it's just the exact same thing but running at something like 1440p 60fps (or even 1080p ffs, anything better than vaseline-in-my-eyes 720p at this point).

E3 is truly dead. And its grave has been defecated on.
Sad, isn't it? Nintendo couldn't be arsed to attend the last, what, five E3s? But they can manage to go to Gamescom? Frustrating. I'll say it to the day I die, E3 should've never banned booth babes and should've never opened up to the general public.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God

unlikely but let me dream
Cycle of new console is:
1º - company says to shareholders that new shit is coming. Not exactly when, so could come very soon or in a near future
2º - they share with journalists about "new hardware" before any major event, and this is since the CES days, way before E3
3º - nowadays they also do their own teaser and their own launch event. I guess that Nintendo won't do the same mistake with the Wii U by not getting the marketing to the fullest

So I will not let you dream
In The Way What GIF by Tennis TV

Woopah

Sad, isn't it? Nintendo couldn't be arsed to attend the last, what, five E3s? But they can manage to go to Gamescom? Frustrating. I'll say it to the day I die, E3 should've never banned booth babes and should've never opened up to the general public.
But Nintendo went to every E3 and had a Direct for each recent one.
Cycle of new console is:
1º - company says to shareholders that new shit is coming. Not exactly when, so could come very soon or in a near future
2º - they share with journalists about "new hardware" before any major event, and this is since the CES days, way before E3
3º - nowadays they also do their own teaser and their own launch event. I guess that Nintendo won't do the same mistake with the Wii U by not getting the marketing to the fullest

So I will not let you dream
In The Way What GIF by Tennis TV
We'll see what they say to investors on 9 May.

Top Bottom