• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America's testers say they faced years of sexual harassment:

Konnor

So just to be clear: in "real life" you get to say or show whatever you want to people and they just have to take it? They have to think it's funny too or if not, keep it to themselves even it it made them uncomfortable? I just want to make sure I know the rules so that you don't have to be annoyed anymore and you get to say whatever you want and feel good about saying what you want.

How do I know what makes every mentally ill blue haired killjoy "uncomfortable"? Most normies don't have the huge list of microaggressions that could potentially make these lunatics uncomfortable, in fact they have no idea what the concept really is. Btw this might be news to people like you but innocently joking about sex happens in the workplace or at least it used to happen just a few years ago and still happens in industries and other countries where the lunatics haven't taken over.

Last edited:

twerkouting

Banned
You haven't even defined what "harassment" is, before you start your argument, shouldn't you make your point clear first?
Sure. Harassment is exposing an unwilling party to objectionable content in any format targeted toward any immutable characteristic (age, race, sex, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, creed, etc.)

As I stated in a post above, harassment is determined to have taken place by the person harassed; not by the intentions of the harasser. Again, this is standard for most professional settings.

twerkouting

Banned
How do I know what makes every mentally ill blue haired killjoy "uncomfortable"? Most normies don't have a list of microaggressions that could potentially make these lunatics uncomfortable, in fact they have no idea what the concept really is. Btw this might be news to people like you but innocently joking about sex happens in the workplace or at least it used to happen just a few years ago and still happens in industries and other countries where the lunatics haven't taken over.
You keep showing your hand. Just say you want to make sex jokes and hate when people don't think you're funny and that they should be made to think you're funny and be done with it.

night13x

Today at work, I - as a male, was approached by a fellow male coworker who said the dreaded words "good morning" as he was passing by. I felt sexually harrassed. Whose multi - million dollar external firm who has nothing to do with the company do I report this to?

Sarcasm aside - on one hand, sexual harrassment is no joke and a no go. However, I feel like these days everyone and everyone is making everything "sexual harrassment" for personal gain. I know that stuff happened in my previous company.

SeraphJan

Sure. Harassment is exposing an unwilling party to objectionable content in any format targeted toward any immutable characteristic (age, race, sex, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, creed, etc.)

As I stated in a post above, harassment is determined to have taken place by the person harassed; not by the intentions of the harasser. Again, this is standard for most professional settings.
If the harassment is solely determined by the harassed, How do you determine who is the harassed in the first place?

Last edited:

SeraphJan

If the harassed "feels" harassed then they're being harassed. It's so Kafka-esque that it just fits perfectly with the rest of the woke dogma.
What he basically mean is Hannah's feeling is more important than anyone else's feeling because she claim herself to be the victim first.

This kind of system is bond to create the Oppression Olympic

Last edited:

Konnor

harassment is determined to have taken place by the person harassed

I know Reizo Ryuu just quoted this but I wanted to make this more visible for anyone reading the thread. This is what these people actually believe in and they openly admit it.

Think of the repercussions of this if it become the rule in real life and not just the workplace but the law too. Now think of how many things that were considered insane just a few years ago these lunatics have imposed on society and what could be coming next for you. Good luck to everyone...

coffinbirth

maxresdefault.jpg

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Which really is a problem, because when you set the burden of proof (for harm) to basically zero you're just creating conditions ripe for abuse.
The intention to create a kinder, safer working environment may be laudable, but the functional reality is a regime under which "offence" becomes a thing that can be leveraged for status gain.

Which is of course what's happening here.

Claiming disproportionate suffering is incentivized, and so you have a tyranny of "virtue". Well, more accurately a tyranny under which everyone must live in fear of being found to be insufficiently virtuous.

Empathy (or lack thereof) has nothing to do with it. Its an abusive regime based solely in a desire to minimize legal/reputational exposure from an over-corrected system that values fragility over resilience.

SeraphJan

but the law too
This is already happening, they implement the same ideology to basically everything. This is their only ticket to boost fake statistic by convicting the innocent to support their agenda. Most rape and DV cases were resolved in the same fashion in certain country already. Why do you think the slogan "Believe the women" existed, no proof needed, just believe it, if this is not a cult, what is?

When people hear the words such as sexual harassment, rape, DV, these strong words trigger people, but the very people that's triggered have basically no idea how these words are even defined these days, the boundary had been pushed beyond the limit.

For example someone could report you for rape just because he/she regrets the sex, now its up to you to prove the exact minute and second he/she extended its consent, since he/she could cancel the consent any minute any second without inform you, yes doesn't mean yes, it only means yes for this second, but keep silent does not constitutes a yes or no, the interpretation is completely up to the "victim's" feeling in a retrospective manner. In this context if you want to prevent false accusation, you literally have to ask for consent every second with a voice recorder

These words now means nothing because the way they defining them could change any minute, any way they please.

Last edited:

Krathoon

It was mainly someone making a stink with distasteful humor. Not really harassment, but making the workplace uncomfortable.

Ownage

If the harassed "feels" harassed then they're being harassed. It's so Kafka-esque that it just fits perfectly with the rest of the woke dogma.
Yep. "Impact not intent" is what HR likes to parade. Fair enough, but let's take it to court if you really want to start pointing fingers.

FStubbs

I know Reizo Ryuu just quoted this but I wanted to make this more visible for anyone reading the thread. This is what these people actually believe in and they openly admit it.

Think of the repercussions of this if it become the rule in real life and not just the workplace but the law too. Now think of how many things that were considered insane just a few years ago these lunatics have imposed on society and what could be coming next for you. Good luck to everyone...
Well there's obviously common sense.

"Treat people with respect"
"Treat people the way you would want to be treated"

Apparently these kindergarten concepts are too hard for people to understand.

Last edited:
Hey gorgeous

eNYrxfw.jpg
By the way just because TintoConCasera TintoConCasera reacted to this post with a "heart" emoji, doesn't mean he's consenting to your terrible, tyrannical harassment. You must be disposed of/cancelled/de-platformed at once.

😂😂 These people are fucking nuts, man... But we have to fight it back because if we don't, then we'll live in a society where no one can say anything, go anywhere, interact with anyone. What kind of life would that be!?

As many others have already said, a good, respectable workplace is something to admire. But some of this stuff (just like everything else from these people) is taken way too fucking far.

noshten

Sexual Harassment = At my work we had a guy who joined, messaged inappropriate things to at least three attractive women, and made advances on at least one them in our kitchen - within his first few days at the job. He was fired before his first week was even done

Not Sexual Harassment = what ever the fuck was described by Kotaku in 99% of their sexual harassment articles that they source themselves

Last edited:

TwiztidElf

I wish I worked for somewhere where the staff could even contemplate something called a "laughing zone".
My company is exclusively, 100% crying zone.

It's funny that Nintendo was one of the first to speak out publicly against Activision last year when that story hit the fan. Pure gaslighting. All these giant companies have issues like this beneath the surface. If you did an investigative expose on Xbox HQ, or Sony HQ, or EA HQ, you'd see the same exact shit there. Internal salaried people vs contractors. There's obnoxious/ rude/ inappropriate people in every office on the planet. Deal with the troublemakers, and if they don't shape up, show them the door. When you have hundreds and hundreds of people working in an office setting, a mix of young and old, this will happen. It's not ok, but it happens. I really just care about the games, because all of these mega-corporations are guilty of this stuff. None is better or worse than the other.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
She was not hit on.....she just did not like something he posted and took that as the person personally harassing her. There are two solutions. Remove yourself from the group, ignore the posting.

Sexual harassment is like when I was at my first work Christmas party and and old lady from work grabbed my butt. I didn't ask for it or want it. But I also did not report it. That is harassment, not someone posting images on a group chat. The dude is a Pedo though and that is wrong.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Melvin Forrest has been working in the product testing department since the early nineties, and he eventually became the head of the department. [...] Several sources tell Kotaku that Forrest made inappropriate advances toward female testers. Among them was Allison, who worked under Forrest as a data entry assistant. “It was pretty common knowledge that he would make comments, hit on people, like to [tell] associates, ‘Oh she’s so beautiful,’” she says.

This might be legit harassment. Don't hit on your co-workers. But if telling a person they are beautiful is harassment I don't know. I could see it if you do it constantly but I don't think saying you are beautiful is a harassing statement. I think in a position of power you could be told to stop because it is inappropriate to speak about people under you in those terms.

This article seems to be nothing and most of it is just the perception of a disgruntled employee.

Top Bottom