• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America's testers say they faced years of sexual harassment:

GametimeUK

With my sense of humour I'd be toast working at many places in today's world. If making a joke about having sex with a pokemon is considered extreme I'm way past the line in a different timezone on a totally different planet.

The thing is some people put on an image they are all clean and perfect, but joke about weird shit behind closed doors.

fart town usa

Gold Member
A few things.

$16 after 9 years of working there. Slap yourself.

The translator sounds like a pedo, she was right for reporting him.

Of course there are going to be less female testers, that's just audience demographics. Why aren't there any females helping to fix the retention wall outside my house? Cause women generally don't want to work in construction!

I fail to see where the sexual harassment occurs cause that blurb touches on it and then goes into a bunch of unrelated things. Not clicking on a Kotaku link for more details.

All in all, hopefully she has a better job cause $16 after 9 years, in Washington State no less...GTFOH, lol.

fart town usa

Gold Member
With my sense of humour I'd be toast working at many places in today's world. If making a joke about having sex with a pokemon is considered extreme I'm way past the line in a different timezone on a totally different planet.

The thing is some people put on an image they are all clean and perfect, but joke about weird shit behind closed doors.
Yea, don't joke about stuff like that at work. Nothing good will come of it.

Not only that, people who find those jokes funny probably don't want to hear it either cause it's work. Be professional.

(Not implying that you aren't professional, just chiming in for the sake of discussion)

fart town usa

Gold Member
Not very progressive of you to make fun of my hideous disfigurements stemming from the great fires of 96 holding me back from banging broads 🙄

Feel free to define what a woman is btw 😘
LMAO. I have no idea what that is referencing but I find it hilarious.

Thought maybe it was a LA Riot joke but those happened in 1992.

Hopefully you really aren't horrifically burned, and I'm here just laughing at you like a total jerk.

mitch1971

So someone made a joke meme and she reported it.

warning on air GIF by Adult Swim

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
You face ”years of sexual harassment” and still refused to find another job?

Sure….
I mean, sure it's not good to resist such horrible environment with the excuse of "my dream job" or whatever for years, if someone is so frequently feeling abused (I mean, beyond normal because it's literally impossible to avoid it 100% of the times) and changing the situation is in their hands but decided to stay in the situation, clearly is sending the wrong message...

twerkouting

Banned
I suffered massive brain trauma trying to put out the flames

Thanks for repeatedly triggering me in what I thought was a safe space

Didn't define women btw, wonder why 🤔

Your lot are a fucking joke
As opposed to your lot deflecting with your middle school edgy jokes at every turn, unable to communicate in any real way, asking me to define what a woman is?

You're never going to know what a woman is, my dude. You little maladjusted neerdowells are joke, doubling down on being social outcasts, jerking each other off on video game message boards, telling each other it's the world that doesn't understand you when you're simply unlikeable because you choose to be and hate feeling rejected when people tell you they don't like your bullshit.

Deflect again. Cope. It's all you got.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
As opposed to your lot deflecting with your middle school edgy jokes at every turn, unable to communicate in any real way, asking me to define what a woman is?

You're never going to know what a woman is, my dude. You little maladjusted neerdowells are joke, doubling down on being social outcasts, jerking each other off on video game message boards, telling each other it's the world that doesn't understand you when you're simply unlikeable because you choose to be and hate feeling rejected when people tell you they don't like your bullshit.

Dog Reaction GIF

ManaByte

So how long is your ban over at the other place? What'd you do? Call Ezra Miller "him"?

Last edited:
Pretty sure if we were to fire everyone that made distasteful jokes in workplaces, we would have 99% unemployement rate.

Only reason the Videogame industry is constantly being singled out because of this is because it's the only industry with a bunch of rabid SJW-obsessed game journalists looking to generate clicks by fishing for controversy to create "news" and toppling all the big publishers by providing a couple isolated cases and making them seem like the norm ... Individuals are individuals, they do not represent their company. It's impossible for HR people to know if the employess they just hired have a tendency to be vulgar / to make people uneasy, and it's simply unavoidable to hire a couple bad apples every now and then, regardless of the company's reputation, policies and way to handle their PR and internal comms. Even Hollywood is smart enough to single out bad apples for their own behaviour, instead of making it a systemic drama each time , as it makes no sense to hold the entire studio accountable because one dude can't keep it in his pants or was an asshat on set one day... As long as humans are humans, there will always be bad apples and people that probably deserve to be fired for their misdeeds. That's fine. Just don't bring down the entire company because a couple bad apples made a couple bad jokes and people got offended.

Besides, in regards to vulgarity and humor, people will always make jokes and comments that can be "in bad taste" at times... Heck when I was working an office job, the entire team spent most of our days making "That's what she said" jokes because the office / michael scott was popular at that time and it was all in good fun. Nowadays we would all get fired because someone was offended by the implications. No fun allowed anymore because nowdays, every single thing you can say has the potential to offend someone else, and we all know getting offended in this day and age is worse than murder... It's no longer " a series of bad jokes", it's now "Toxic Work Culture"...

Meanwhile there's tons of dirty CEOs making actual harrasment and forcing themselves on their secretary on a daily basis and getting away with it , but it's much more important to gun down a couple of young, immature, low-paid testers who made a couple slightly distasteful jokes as they were working 60 hours a week with no job security as contract workers for Nintendo ... And we have a bunch of Kotaku Journalists , who are probably just as toxic in their own office policies and jokes that end up feigning outrage and reporting it and asking for accountability, as if HR is to blame for the individual misconduicts of a few bad apples, and as if Nintendo as a whole should essentially drop dead because they hired a couple immature twats and didn't immediately fire all of them the day after they made the jokes.

Konnor

lol kotaku

Every autistic blue haired moron that could probably solve a misunderstanding by just talking it out with a coworker now creates a scandal out of thin air. This is pathetic, these nutjobs are creating a soulless workplace with all the fun sucked out of it. We're not fucking robot slaves, we'll make jokes, tease our coworkers even be a little stupid during work hours.

Jokes on them, we're all gay here, when you say jerking each other off I don't think you knew how close you were

Jokes aside, you seem upset, with projection lathered all over it in your posts. Should look into that.

In the mean time I will continue to think dudes making jokes about fucking pokemon is weird without having to have an article written about how much it upset me.

But sure, I'M maladjusted, get a grip nerd

Last edited:

twerkouting

Banned
Jokes on them, we're all gay here, when you say jerking each other off I don't think you knew how close you were

Jokes aside, you seem upset, with projection lathered all over it in your posts. Should look into that.

In the mean time I will continue to think dudes making jokes about fucking pokemon is weird without having to have an article written about how much it upset me.

But sure, I'M maladjusted, get a grip nerd
I ain't the one for advocating for sexual harassment in the workplace.

belmarduk

The article never answered the question of why Vaporeon was the best Pokémon to have sex with.

edit: There's a Reddit post that goes into great detail about this... but I was expecting a joke not.. a detailed explanation. Wow.

Last edited:

Konnor

No, you and people like you are just advocating for a sanitized, humorless environment where the worker bees come to work without joking or discussing anything in fear or offending one pathetic humorless fuck out of the thousands of employees and thus risking the corporations reputation when """"""journalists""""" start sniffing for another so called scandal.

Last edited:
I literally said it's weird, in what world is that advocating for it? I just don't think everything inappropriate is sexual harassment and needs articles written about it.

You're creating scenarios in your head that aren't applicable to what's happening in reality, if some weird chick was doing it in a group work chat I'd just ask her to stop, because again, it's inappropriate

Conflating instances like pokemon fucker and real world sexual harassment people have to deal with takes away from the seriousness of the latter.

You're an asshole dude, and I'm not being snarky this time

Last edited:

twerkouting

Banned
But you and people like you advocating for a sanitized, humorless environment where the worker bees come to work without joking or discussing anything in fear or offending one pathetic humorless fuck out of the thousands of employees and thus risking the corporations reputation when """"""journalists""""" start sniffing for another so called scandal.
You're going with the "buf if I don't get to harass coworkers with sexual content, I don't get to do my comedy routine at work" argument. Got it.

Konnor

You're going with the "buf if I don't get to harass coworkers with sexual content, I don't get to do my comedy routine at work" argument. Got it.

Go touch some grass, this pussy shit isn't harassment. People like you are so used to criticize and point fingers on the internet about the most insignificant bullshit in the never-ending online PVP game of who's the most virtuous that you've lost any sense of what real life is out there.

It used to be amusing watching you people whine and moan on tumblr and twitter, admittedly not so funny anymore now that you affect corporate and governmental policy.

twerkouting

Banned
I literally said it's weird, in what world is that advocating for it? I just don't think everything inappropriate is sexual harassment and needs articles written about it.

You're creating scenarios in your head that aren't applicable to what's happening in reality, if some weird chick was doing it in a group work chat I'd just ask her to stop, because again, it's inappropriate

Conflating instances like pokemon fucker and real world sexual harassment people have to deal with takes away from the seriousness of the latter.

You're an asshole dude, and I'm not being snarky this time
You don't to decide what is and isn't a joke in a professional environment; if somebody finds it to be harassment, then it's harassment. Full stop. That's policy at most major businesses. That's not me throwing out my two cents, that's the way it is.

If you, as an employee, decide to display objectionable shit out in mixed company at your place of business or with your coworkers outside of business, you're opening yourself up to a harassment claim.

I ain't rallying against the content - I personally find a lot of objectionable shit to be funny. But on my own time with company I know, personally.

Exposing people to that shit in a professional environment when they go to earn a living and then doubling down on expecting them to have to put up with it when they shouldn't have to is harassment.

So if I'm coming off as an asshole, it's because this site and its members are more often than not, willfully or not, unempathetic children who can't think of anything but themselves and how they feel wronged in trivial ways like not being able to make offensive jokes with people who are asking them not do so and where it shouldn't even be necessary to ask: a professional environment. Giving this shit a pass is just encouraging it.

twerkouting

Banned
Go touch some grass, this pussy shit isn't harassment. People like you are so used to criticize and point fingers on the internet about the most insignificant bullshit in the never-ending online PVP game of who's the most virtuous that you've lost any sense of what real life is out there.

It used to be amusing watching you people whine and moan on tumblr and twitter, admittedly not so funny anymore now that you affect corporate and governmental policy.
So just to be clear: in "real life" you get to say or show whatever you want to people and they just have to take it? They have to think it's funny too or if not, keep it to themselves even it it made them uncomfortable? I just want to make sure I know the rules so that you don't have to be annoyed anymore and you get to say whatever you want and feel good about saying what you want.

Crayon

Sharing stuff like that at work could have got you in trouble 20 years ago, too. Maybe standards for sexual harrasment are too broad, but this predates "woke" so I don't think that's it. Making articles to put hr issues on blast, sure. That's new. But this girl had every right to make a complaint (or not) in my book.

SeraphJan

People like him getting used to receiving thousands of like/upvote without making any effort, he is having maladjustment that his ego and constantly need for attention doesn't work here, because people here are not braindead idiots that he used to dealing with daily on whatever social media he caters to. Virtue signaling works because idiots exists.

Last edited:
Top Bottom