• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo shares hit three-month high ahead of game release in U.S.

Tripon

(Reuters) - Shares in Nintendo Co Ltd (7974.T) climbed as much as 4.2 percent to a three-month high on Friday morning, ahead of the release of its latest Super Mario video game in the United States.

Nintendo is to release Super Mario 3D Land game for its Wii U console later on Friday, as well as Mario Party: Island Tour and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for its handheld 3DS device.

"Nintendo has got some good reviews for Mario games," a Tokyo-based trader said, with reference to the shares' rise on Friday.

The stock was up 3.9 percent at 13,500 yen by 0152 GMT in relatively robust trade, with volume at 63 percent of the full daily average for the past 90 trading days.

Another trader said the stock also benefited from a softer yen, which slid to a 4-1/2 month low against the dollar on Friday.

Rival Sony Corp (6758.T), which produces the PlayStation 4 game console, underperformed the broader market, down 0.1 percent, with traders saying some investors were concerned that it may sell fewer game machines than Microsoft Corp's (MSFT.O) Xbox One, which also goes on sale on November 22.

At $499, the Xbox One costs $100 more than the PS4.

Sony sold 1 million of its PlayStation 4s within the first 24 hours of its November 15 release in United States.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/22/us-nintendo-shares-idUSBRE9AL03420131122

If you have Nintendo stock, now might be a good time to sell before the quarter ends and Nintendo has to scale back on their Wii U projections....

Nintendo is to release Super Mario 3D Land game for its Wii U
Umm...shareholders, eh. But I guess since we're past the Wii U brand confusion the Super Mario 3D one has to take its place. Also seeing Mario Party there makes me think of the last GAF thread on it...

ClearData

Sony sells 1 Million PS4 consoles in 24 Hours

Investors are worried that they will sell fewer game machines than Microsoft.

Sony is releasing in 32 countries as opposed to 13.

Investors pls. Go swim in your money you are drunk.

Clockwork5

As much as I would like to think this is because of the Wii U's bright future. This is pokemon money. Lots and lots of pokemon money.

BD1

Banned
Nintendo will no way make its Wii U projections, and will have to readjust their projections. That will probably cause a drop in share pricing.

Or conversely, Iwata announces a scale back of Wii U, a loser project thus far, pleasing the street and the stock goes up.

Porcile

Still under-performing greatly though. I doubt the share price will ever reach the heights it did in the best years of Wii and DS, or even come close. They were massively overvalued back then, which doesn't help perception of their current value.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Still under-performing greatly though. I doubt the share price will ever reach the heights it did in the best years of Wii and DS, or even come close. They were massively overvalued back then, which doesn't help perception of their current value.

Nintendo is still only around half the value it was at in 2011 just before Wii U was announced. It's pretty amazing how far they've fallen.

On the bright side, they still have a lot of room for a recovery even if they never come close to their 2007-2008 glory days.

gdt

Sell sell sell. Reevaluate when they since whatever big changes they'll have to make. Zero chance of making those projected numbers.

Top Bottom